What Needs to Be Done

happy tiger
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: What Needs to Be Done

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 11:51 pm

cktiger wrote:Lawrence and Galloway will be praying Blair ties a few bad ones together and Moltzen is back soon so people can go to the usual whipping boys (plus Anasta) :lol:

Look CK I am looking at all our options at 6 (and am excluding Moses as a full time 6 as he isn't ready ) but your mate Moltzen might be the best option we have

When is he back ??

Can you roll over and ask him please ??

hodgo
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by hodgo » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 11:59 pm

We are better then last year in wins already we are playing a better brand of football and people still want MASS changes wowzer. Anasta is not fantastc but he brings a calmness to the team that we need granted this will be his last year but he needs to be there imo.
Our forwarda are working hard we just have been hit with a few injuries which has made our rotation struggle at times.
Overall potter has a plan and in that is team moral if you go dropping players for every mistake they start playing scared.
We are doing way better then expected so this season is already a success.

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 9:24 am

Realise the fact that it is a game.
Regardless whether the team wins or losses, the sun will still rise the next day.
Accept the team is a work in progress.
Be realistic and remember that the team will not go thru the entire comp un defeated
There will always be some bad games.
Learn from those and set practices into place so they won't happen again.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 9:48 am

happy tiger wrote:
cktiger wrote:Lawrence and Galloway will be praying Blair ties a few bad ones together and Moltzen is back soon so people can go to the usual whipping boys (plus Anasta) :lol:

Look CK I am looking at all our options at 6 (and am excluding Moses as a full time 6 as he isn't ready ) but your mate Moltzen might be the best option we have

When is he back ??

Can you roll over and ask him please ??
Sorry , Happy but you should know he was up early today playing golf with Teddy. :lol:
Seriously don't know how Moltzen will go after so many leg injuries - you would be aware it's not easy being in rehab for so long wondering if it will all turn to crap when you put the blowtorch on - and he's been through it plenty of times.
One thing though , even on one leg he'd be twice as fast as Braith.

wd in perth
Has liked: 5 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 12:40 pm

Goose wrote:I think this is the biggest ovrr reaction I've read.
Lawrence was terrible in this game, but despite becoming a pariah on this forum is having a good season.

This is a gee up right?

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 6:47 pm

wd in perth wrote:
Lawrence was terrible in this game, but despite becoming a pariah on this forum is having a good season.

This is a gee up right?
Maybe my opinion is skewed by understanding the role he is playing and understanding that he most of the year has been running the not flashy, but extremely important unders line that not only makes alot of metres opens (and occasional break and try) up the space out the back and is essential for the structure.

Perhaps too my opinion is somewhat swayed by fully understanding an up and in defense structure that sees Lawrence come out of the line and shut so much down without fanfare and become a scape goat when the structure is beaten, despite the fact that often the error happens 2, 3 players inside and at times no error is made at all on the play as the opposition has worked a numbers advantage over the course of the set.

Football is not all about the clean break and the magic pass, it is also about all 13 players doing roles that are important and not often flash. Chris has been doing this all year. Apart from the game against the warriors where he played on the wing after the injuries and was all at sea, and he had a shocker on Friday night.

Everyone who has ever played has had a shocker, move on.

The gap between NRL and lower grades is enormous, Lawrence is easily in our best side.

So no, my previous post was not a gee up.

Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 104 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 7:34 pm

Goose wrote:
wd in perth wrote:

This is a gee up right?
Maybe my opinion is skewed by understanding the role he is playing and understanding that he most of the year has been running the not flashy, but extremely important unders line that not only makes alot of metres opens (and occasional break and try) up the space out the back and is essential for the structure.

Perhaps too my opinion is somewhat swayed by fully understanding an up and in defense structure that sees Lawrence come out of the line and shut so much down without fanfare and become a scape goat when the structure is beaten, despite the fact that often the error happens 2, 3 players inside and at times no error is made at all on the play as the opposition has worked a numbers advantage over the course of the set.

Football is not all about the clean break and the magic pass, it is also about all 13 players doing roles that are important and not often flash. Chris has been doing this all year. Apart from the game against the warriors where he played on the wing after the injuries and was all at sea, and he had a shocker on Friday night.

The gap between NRL and lower grades is enormous, Lawrence is easily in our best side.

So why with all this experience,he runs over the sideline every other week and puts us under pressure,we play a predominately left side attack,and Rowdy is no longer the player to play to,he needs a spell in reggies.
Go hard or go home

laufoofan

Unread post by laufoofan » Mon 16 Jun, 2014 9:30 pm

Get players that want to win. There must be hunger in them, not just going through the motion. Potter may have to get the players spirit up. Souths did show us how it was done. They wanted to win more than us. Don't our players want to win anymore.
Our players need to show they are desperate. They need to try harder, be more hungry than the other team.Don't let the players played injured, give others a chance. Let the rest of the year be "survival" for the players and for the team, then they can have something to play for.Potter will have to pull out his thumb and do whatever he can to get this done.Win,win,win, or perished.

wd in perth

Unread post by wd in perth » Mon 16 Jun, 2014 11:40 pm

Goose wrote:
wd in perth wrote:

This is a gee up right?

Absolute garbage. For years he's run out of the line and missed tackles And for years he's not contributed to the scoreboard as is needed. He makes terrible decisions - simples.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 12:11 am

wd in perth wrote:
Goose wrote:
wd in perth wrote:

This is a gee up right?

Absolute garbage. For years he's run out of the line and missed tackles And for years he's not contributed to the scoreboard as is needed. He makes terrible decisions - simples.
Don't worry Goose , don't waste your time

Some of the Forum members were the greatest players of all time that never ,ever made mistakes or had things go wrong on the footy field

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 12:35 am

Happy, Lawrence can be forgiven for the odd mistake and if he was a match winner a'la Benji then we would forgive even more mistakes.
It's not really about mistakes though, it's about a first grade standard that he does not embody. It's sad cos he shows glimpses. But then again those glimpses are so rare these days.

We all had high hopes for Lawrence and none of us want to "cut our losses", but if we want to win games consistently then face reality we must; he just doesn't contribute anymore.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 1:05 am

bigsiro wrote:Happy, Lawrence can be forgiven for the odd mistake and if he was a match winner a'la Benji then we would forgive even more mistakes.
It's not really about mistakes though, it's about a first grade standard that he does not embody. It's sad cos he shows glimpses. But then again those glimpses are so rare these days.

We all had high hopes for Lawrence and none of us want to "cut our losses", but if we want to win games consistently then face reality we must; he just doesn't contribute anymore.

BigSiro I will ask you the same question I have asked every other person that has brought up the Lawrence scenario

Without tearing the backline apart three weeks before the toughest run we have all season (look at who we play from round 17-23) who would you bring in who is better than Lawrence is at his normal level ??

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 1:36 am

happy tiger wrote:
bigsiro wrote:Happy, Lawrence can be forgiven for the odd mistake and if he was a match winner a'la Benji then we would forgive even more mistakes.

BigSiro I will ask you the same question I have asked every other person that has brought up the Lawrence scenario

Without tearing the backline apart three weeks before the toughest run we have all season (look at who we play from round 17-23) who would you bring in who is better than Lawrence is at his normal level ??
Halatau played centres for us years ago... it would be an upgrade defensively, much of a muchness for speed and running style, but a consumate pro that Lawrence couldnt even be measured against at present... old head for old head.

wd in perth

Unread post by wd in perth » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 2:09 am

[/quote] Don't worry Goose , don't waste your time

Some of the Forum members were the greatest players of all time that never ,ever made mistakes or had things go wrong on the footy field[/quote]

Really...that's just a dumb response. Even for a QLDer.

Black'n'White

Unread post by Black'n'White » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 2:10 am

goose, please enlighten me as to how this pathetic effort is a malfunction of the system, rather than a player not knowing when to rush up and when to hold the line. He managed to make a decision where he literally took himself out of the play, forcing his winger to react in turn. He didnt even get near the ball.

now I have learnt how to make those gifs, this debate wont even need words.
Last edited by Black'n'White on Tue 17 Jun, 2014 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

wd in perth

Unread post by wd in perth » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 2:15 am

Speaks volumes. Just one in a long line of **c* ups.

Black'n'White

Unread post by Black'n'White » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 2:53 am

Koro is crucified for being a poor defender for doing similar...

Mccarry
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by Mccarry » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 6:35 am

Black'n'White wrote:goose, please enlighten me as to how this pathetic effort is a malfunction of the system, rather than a player not knowing when to rush up and when to hold the line. He managed to make a decision where he literally took himself out of the play, forcing his winger to react in turn. He didnt even get near the ball.
[img]https://i.imgflip.com/9lwx2.gif[/img]

now I have learnt how to make those gifs, this debate wont even need words.
Wow, BnW your video shows gooses point. Watch the inside defender wander in towards the inside player . Also count the existing overlap.

At that point Lawrence's protocol is go in as well.

At the coaches night last week they pin pointed Joel Reddy as one who doesn't go inside when his inside defender does. Payten pointed out that it creates a hole . He explained that the Tigers protocol is to go in when your inside defender goes in.

The error in that defensive line was actually either a tackle ago where the overlap was created, or the misread on the inside.

Thank for the video, it will help lots of people get of our back lines 'backs' about going in.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”