What Needs to Be Done

happy tiger
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: What Needs to Be Done

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 18 Jun, 2014 6:28 pm

Goose wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:Thankyou... I was with him jockeying Burgess but then he lost me... rushing into space doesnt make any sense. The second decoy gets the ball he has space behind Lawrence, reciever gets the ball and unless Pat hits has a free run on his outside and is in as well, Pat hits him and 2 men and only grass exists.

I dont even think it was defendable, unless perfect situation unravelled for us... it wasnt an enviable position to be in, but out of all the decisions lawrence could have made, I am dumbfounded running into a hole was even part of his thought process. I wouldnt be on him as harshly if he picked a wrong man but hit one... I havent harped on him about his bomb attempt...

I have dropped this now even though I would be entertained baiting anyone who thinks he bought a dummy run from casper the ghost.
The way it could have been stopped was if Richards had taken the player one wider and forced the guy he did take to hit a cut out face ball..... That said, it was very tough once Lawrence is forced to hold to know that he is going to get to the next guy (which he did, but not stop the pass).
Goose If Richards takes the next man he leaves a gap of about 10 -12 metres that I reckon I would of still made it through and scored

In those situations your just trying to force the try scorer as wide as possible and hope they can't convert

Lets put it this way , I hope the WT's have been working on that move all week to target the Raiders with

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Wed 18 Jun, 2014 8:11 pm

I think Goose is on the same bus as me. If he didn't rush up but instead rode the play Lawrence could have accounted for the playmaker, the man Pat hit, Pat in turn had the next man causing an over the top pass/cut out...

What ifs... hindsight is 20-20... I am more concerned with the what was. Mistakes and misreads will always happen, but a man given leway on experience has to show some. At the very least inconvenience the inevitable somehow.

Nors05
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Nors05 » Mon 23 Jun, 2014 10:13 pm

TBH, dumping Anasta will solve all our issues. Potter doesn't want to ship Austin back to NSW cup so he keeps ending up on the bench. If Anasta goes, then bam, Austin to 5/8 and Gavet to the bench.
Alot of people want Lawrence cut from the team but its not going to happen. The next best thing would be a decent 5/8 on the right side and we start seeing points from Simona and Nofo.

It's so simple yet so beautiful.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Mon 23 Jun, 2014 11:45 pm

Nors05 wrote:TBH, dumping Anasta will solve all our issues. Potter doesn't want to ship Austin back to NSW cup so he keeps ending up on the bench. If Anasta goes, then bam, Austin to 5/8 and Gavet to the bench.
Alot of people want Lawrence cut from the team but its not going to happen. The next best thing would be a decent 5/8 on the right side and we start seeing points from Simona and Nofo.

It's so simple yet so beautiful.
We'll know more in <24hrs

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”