Should win big.....

LaT

Re: Should win big.....

Unread post by LaT » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:07 pm

Canberra are done and getting bagged from every man and his dog, this alone can produce a good effort from players.

We should win, but dammit I am concerned.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:42 pm

LaT wrote:Canberra are done and getting bagged from every man and his dog, this alone can produce a good effort from players.

We should win, but dammit I am concerned.
If we can hang on to the ball better we will win for sure..

We were our worst enemy against the Bunnies...

Drewby

Unread post by Drewby » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 7:25 pm

Reminds me of round 4 vs Warriors - they couldn't beat an egg but turned up against us.
KAPOW!

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 8:33 pm

I'd like to see us put some big numbers on the board. Melbourne just very inconsiderately scored 46 points against Parramatta, which nudged us out of the 8 on F/A. We need to beat Canberra, not just because everyone else has (playing canberra is basically a bye week with a cold road trip), but also to match the Storm's effort and get ourselves back into the better half of the comp.

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 8:51 pm

It is a game that we should win if we want to make the eight.
If we do win, we are in sight of a top 8 position...
We have alot of home games on the run home, Im starting to believe.....but if we lose this one, we are right back in the mix...

Eddie
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Eddie » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 10:25 pm

We haven't played great footy for 2 months.

I reckon it will be a high scoring, close game.

I think we are going backwards at the moment. Gone away from the 4 forwards on the bench which was belting teams. Picking 2 passengers that let the team down nearly every week.

I reckon we wil get away with a 2 point win, which will cover over the cracks.

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by quintus » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 11:57 pm

They are capable....

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 12:56 am

The minute you start worrying about F & A and winning big you are in trouble

Get the 2 points first and if we play our best everything will take care of itself

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by turnstyle » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 5:46 am

happy tiger wrote:The minute you start worrying about F & A and winning big you are in trouble

Get the 2 points first and if we play our best everything will take care of itself
i disagree. for and against is very important when it comes to the ladder...

NT Tiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 6:53 am

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. I agree with King Sirro. Kiss of Death. We're already talking about how much we'll win by! Let's hope the team is taking a more measured approach.

The Tigers came out of the blocks this season full torque and full of self belief. That seems to have gone missing. We really need to regain that to progress as a team, independent of ladder position. We're a good team. We need to prove that this week. Then we need to prove it again next week. As Potter and Farah said several times through the early part of the season; We haven't achieved anything yet.

Go Tigers
"Quality Stupidity"

Snake
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Snake » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 7:12 am

The Tigers IMO are ripe for a touch up and I think Canberra can give it to them... Not to confident ,the out come hopefully will be positive but watch out!

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by Sabre » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 8:08 am

turnstyle wrote:
happy tiger wrote:The minute you start worrying about F & A and winning big you are in trouble

I think you have missed Happy's point there. Once you start thinking of trying to win big rather than just getting the win you aren't respecting the opposition.
And when you aren't respecting the opposition they come at you like a battalion and can pull your pants down.

Like Happy said if we turn up and play to our best the rest will look after itself.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed 25 Jun, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 10:09 am

thank you! i was thinking something similar, but you phrased it so much better than i could.

teams get thrashed all the time, but USUALLY (unless it's 1st versus last or 2nd last) they are somewhat difficult to predict. Even the best teams can get hammered by 20 or 30 points.

So like you said, get the 2 points every week and you'll find every so often they won't turn up and you can run up an extra 20 or 30 pts.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 93 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 10:39 am

It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Juro
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Juro » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 12:14 pm

Sabre wrote:I'm sure you have all been following the Tigers long enough to know you can never say we SHOULD win.
I don't see anything wrong with saying we SHOULD win. we just need to appreciate that this is not the same as saying we WILL win.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 12:28 pm

pHyR3 wrote:

thank you! i was thinking something similar, but you phrased it so much better than i could.

teams get thrashed all the time, but USUALLY (unless it's 1st versus last or 2nd last) they are somewhat difficult to predict. Even the best teams can get hammered by 20 or 30 points.

So like you said, get the 2 points every week and you'll find every so often they won't turn up and you can run up an extra 20 or 30 pts.
The only time a coach and his team should ever think of winning big is not until at least half time has been reached in a match. By that time if your team has been playing well and building up a lead you should be able to sense the opposition team's weaknesses and where you need to work harder to keep the roll getting. If it starts to work then you should increase the pressure and begin to start thinking of winning big.

mremedy

Unread post by mremedy » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 3:04 pm

Sabre wrote:
turnstyle wrote:

I think you have missed Happy's point there. Once you Starr thinking of trying to win big rather than just getting the win you aren't respecting the opposition.
And when you aren't respecting the opposition they come at you like a battalion and can pull your pants down.

Like Happy said if we turn up and play to our best the rest will look after itself.
But we aren't playing, we are only watching.

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Thu 26 Jun, 2014 8:26 am

We will win if the forwards get over the advantage line, play the ball quickly and create space for Brooks, Tedesco and Simona.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”