Should win big.....

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Should win big.....

Unread post by westTAHger » Thu 26 Jun, 2014 4:59 pm

willow wrote:I don't care if we win by 1 point, as long as we win and get one step closer towards making the 8.
that's exactly how I feel.
yes it would be nice to win by a decent margin, to help the points for/against.
its no use having a positive points for, if you do not end making the top 8 and play finals footy.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Thu 26 Jun, 2014 5:08 pm

Should win big, but won't.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Russell
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Thu 26 Jun, 2014 7:46 pm

I usually think should win, will win, will win big etc. with about one minute to go.

65 years of following this mob have taught me this.

Memberships should come with a free cardiac arrest package.

It's the old "don't count your chickens"

king sirro
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 7:36 pm

H-Tozza wrote:It's been a while since I've said this, and I know you shouldn't underestimate opponents, but geez we are kidding ourselves if we don't win this game by over two converted tries at least...

We're full strength, at home and coming fresh off the bye against a team we've had a near impeccable record against the last 5 years, who've been truly awful in every aspect this season.....

If we were to lose this game, our season's over IMO.....Obviously not mathematically, but considering we've got at least one more game without Robbie (you just can't back us without him unfortunately) and a tough run home with the Dogs twice, Manly, rorters, cowboys away etc. I think it'd be a step to far for our young group.....

Interested to get your thoughts...

You tried your hardest H-Tossa to get us beat. Maybe u will refrain from idiotic threads like this now u can see what crazy things can happen in footy
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 7:45 pm

Yes it was a big win but not on the number of points but on courage and the will to win. Good on them.

tigerbalm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by tigerbalm » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 8:19 pm

Cx

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

tigerbalm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by tigerbalm » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 8:19 pm

Cx

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 8:44 pm

soft

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 9:16 pm

Gutsy win but we just aren't good enough to compete with the top sides thid year from what I've seen over the last 6 weeks and especially tonight we're just not at the level we need to be at our attack is very clunky and our defense is not solid enough to compensate against good sides. A top side would of punished us tonight, extremely lucky to get the 2 points, we haven't played well for a long timr now and losing tedesco will cripple us.

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 9:23 pm

TIGER wrote:Gutsy win but we just aren't good enough to compete with the top sides thid year from what I've seen over the last 6 weeks and especially tonight we're just not at the level we need to be at our attack is very clunky and our defense is not solid enough to compensate against good sides. A top side would of punished us tonight, extremely lucky to get the 2 points, we haven't played well for a long timr now and losing tedesco will cripple us.
Whilst I dont disagree that the top sides would have put us to the sword, I am struggling to recall you ever having made an entirely positive post. Why not just finish after 'gutsy win'?

mremedy

Unread post by mremedy » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 9:55 pm

TIGER wrote:Gutsy win but we just aren't good enough to compete with the top sides thid year from what I've seen over the last 6 weeks and especially tonight we're just not at the level we need to be at our attack is very clunky and our defense is not solid enough to compensate against good sides. A top side would of punished us tonight, extremely lucky to get the 2 points, we haven't played well for a long timr now and losing tedesco will cripple us.
Is this a serious post? We lose our fullback after 15 seconds, our left centre soon after that, our right side winger limps off the field, a replacement forward retires with a busted shoulder and Lawrence moves from right centre to left centre to right wing back to left centre in the one game. Oh I forgot our utility plays 79.45 minutes in a position that he has little, if any, experience playing.

The win by the boys tonight was huge.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 10:23 pm

Top sides win games like tonight.

TIGER

Unread post by TIGER » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 8:38 am

mremedy wrote:
Is this a serious post? We lose our fullback after 15 seconds, our left centre soon after that, our right side winger limps off the field, a replacement forward retires with a busted shoulder and Lawrence moves from right centre to left centre to right wing back to left centre in the one game. Oh I forgot our utility plays 79.45 minutes in a position that he has little, if any, experience playing.

The win by the boys tonight was huge.
Yes it's serious, all the reasons you gave are why I called the win gutsy.
· Where not at the level required to complete with the top sides.
· Our attack is clunky.
· Our defense isn't good enough to compensate for our poor attack against good sides.
· A better team than Canberra would of destroyed us
·Lucky to get the 2 points (nofo try, missed goal)
· We haven't played well for a while imo we haven't.
· Tedesco missing will hurt our chances.
To everyone that was stunned by my original post, now I have broken it down, what points don't you agree with exactly?quote="mremedy"]

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 8:41 am

Considering we came 2nd last...last year...we are heading in the right direction.

Becoming a ''top side'' doesnt happen overnight

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 231 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 8:42 am

willow wrote:I don't care if we win by 1 point, as long as we win and get one step closer towards making the 8.
Enough said.

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 9:01 am

Tiger....very few sides would have held Canberra to 6pts in the second half given our injuries etc and teams with this many disruptions often struggle to put together any meaningful attack.

Sure we weren't perfect and haven't been for some weeks and we probably won't win the comp this year. But a lot of holes you are picking can be put down to disruptions from injuries and origin. Nonethless, we are still finding a way to win and are clinging to the top 8. Those that know footy are getting excited, with an even run with injuries, we could be in the top 4. It bodes well for years to come.

tiger-stripes

Unread post by tiger-stripes » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 9:17 am

Well said mremedy. Don't know how anyone can expect our attack to have been anything but clunky last night with the continual and ridiculous reshuffling we had to do to the back line.

TIGER

Unread post by TIGER » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 9:33 am

It would be nice if you could just answer my question instead of giving me a politicians answer. Which points don't you agree with exactly? Be specific.
Do you think we are playing at a level to beat the top sides?
Do you think our attack is good lately?
Do you think a better side than canberra would of slaughtered us last night?
Do you think the loss of tedesco will hurt our chances massively of making the 8 and going further?
I'm pretty much just pointing out the obvious but you guys seem to have a problem with that, maybe im not as delusional as you are.
Im not only talking about last nights attack im talking about our attack for the last 6 or 7 games when in most games our backline has been at full strength minus tedesco.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”