Official Team Annuonced

stevied

Re: Official Team Annuonced

Post by stevied » Thu 26 Jun, 2014 6:13 pm

I mean in the lead up and during the finals. At the start of the year, the Titans, Rabbitohs and Eagles were not prepared for our onslaught but when the whips are cracking they WILL be. If we're going to be competitive and if we're going to develop across the park, changes need to be made in the backs, mainly at 6, so that we have more variety to our attack and more penetration. I do agree that this is mainly a year of development, and our table position is a surprise, but I still maintain we should try and better the overall team.....for the future and for now!

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 26 Jun, 2014 8:07 pm

stevied wrote:I mean in the lead up and during the finals. At the start of the year, the Titans, Rabbitohs and Eagles were not prepared for our onslaught but when the whips are cracking they WILL be. If we're going to be competitive and if we're going to develop across the park, changes need to be made in the backs, mainly at 6, so that we have more variety to our attack and more penetration. I do agree that this is mainly a year of development, and our table position is a surprise, but I still maintain we should try and better the overall team.....for the future and for now!
Understand what you are saying Stevied.
That is exactly what Potter is doing - bettering the team for the future.
It would seem from some of the comments that a lot of posters do not want this - they want to win now, make the 4 and go on and win the GF.
Ain't gonna happen for awhile but Potter will make it happen.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 27 Jun, 2014 5:51 pm

Any injury updates? Would love to see Gavet make a sneaky return tomorrow night!

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 27 Jun, 2014 7:07 pm

greatodensraven wrote:Any injury updates? Would love to see Gavet make a sneaky return tomorrow night!

If anyone is returning tomorrow night its Halatau..Gavet is 1-2 weeks away(still)

stevied

Post by stevied » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 12:18 pm

Why wait Russell, especially when there are certain first graders who don't deserve to hold their place? What I'm saying is that by trying Moses and Fine, we are taking steps in a forward direction. By persisting with Anasta, Lawrence and to a lesser extent Keithy, the team is stagnating. I've made suggestions for team changes for a few reasons, all of which are listed below. Of course, the Tigers aren't going to win the comp. We're talking about development here and by experimenting you are;
1. Building for the future 2.Rewarding form 3. Making the team more competitive 4.Taking a load of Brooks 5. Sending the correct message.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

grahamr

Post by grahamr » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 12:39 pm

OH NO !!!!!!!

I"m with you.

My jaw dropped 2 feet when i saw the team anouncement...HOW does Lawrence keep holding his spot, surely we must have better centres in our squad...........if not whats wrong with buying........

Kristin Anu from the bulldogs
Morgan from Parramatta
etc; etc; there are a lot of better centres playing nsw cup !!!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 12:39 pm

stevied wrote:Why wait Russell, especially when there are certain first graders who don't deserve to hold their place? What I'm saying is that by trying Moses and Fine, we are taking steps in a forward direction. By persisting with Anasta, Lawrence and to a lesser extent Keithy, the team is stagnating. I've made suggestions for team changes for a few reasons, all of which are listed below. Of course, the Tigers aren't going to win the comp. We're talking about development here and by experimenting you are;
1. Building for the future 2.Rewarding form 3. Making the team more competitive 4.Taking a load of Brooks 5. Sending the correct message.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
j

Good post I totally agree .
I'd rather lose games and go down swinging playing Moses & fine rather than playing plodders like anasta /Lawrence & Keefy who play in dinner suits week in week out .
Just watching the sharks game .. Heighington has more leg drive & mongrel than does Galloway .
The younger players like Moses & fine must look on in despair watching theses so called top grade players !

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 12:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
willow wrote:To be expected really. Just hope we get over the advantage line this week.

Agree. I would also hope Anasta, Lawrence and Galloway have been put on notice of the possibility of a stint in reggies if they put in another below par performance.
Seriously

When was the last time you saw three regualr first graders all with well over 100 career games, all ex reps...dropped to reggies at once

It just doesnt happen & I can see why

Knee jerk reactions never solve anything, especially cutting 1/4 of the team at once...all coaches start the year hoping to have as minimal unforced changes as possible...its the number one
priority....regardless of results and form, because the ethic in a top grade squad is ''hard work'' and ''striving to always improve''

I never said they should be dropped either singularly or en masse. What I said was I hope they have been told that their poor form won,t be tolerated for the remainder of the season and that one or all may see Reggie's for a stint if it continues. Hopefully a rocket is all that is required to improve things.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 12:47 pm

Video sessions usually bring home truths onto the table

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 1:08 pm

innsaneink wrote:Video sessions usually bring home truths onto the table
it may also help posters to understand that apart from errors, they are generally fulfilling their roles.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 1:12 pm

diedpretty wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
willow wrote:To be expected really. Just hope we get over the advantage line this week.

Agree. I would also hope Anasta, Lawrence and Galloway have been put on notice of the possibility of a stint in reggies if they put in another below par performance.
Seriously

When was the last time you saw three regualr first graders all with well over 100 career games, all ex reps...dropped to reggies at once

It just doesnt happen & I can see why

Knee jerk reactions never solve anything, especially cutting 1/4 of the team at once...all coaches start the year hoping to have as minimal unforced changes as possible...its the number one
priority....regardless of results and form, because the ethic in a top grade squad is ''hard work'' and ''striving to always improve''

I never said they should be dropped either singularly or en masse. What I said was I hope they have been told that their poor form won,t be tolerated for the remainder of the season and that one or all may see Reggie's for a stint if it continues. Hopefully a rocket is all that is required to improve things.
The question is DP, are the players needing that rocket actually capable of improvement at this stage of their careers? It's not about commitment - these players will try their guts out, but if the talent has left them because of age, injury or for whatever reason, then there is no bringing it back and the team will continue to suffer as a result.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

willow

Post by willow » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 4:51 pm

Halatau played NSW Cup today, Gavet was supposed to play NSW but was stood down for breach of club policy. Don't know what he did wrong.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 4:57 pm

I hope our first grade side was watching the State Cup's side last 15 minutes capitulation. They would have learnt not to relax at any part of the game.

alex

Post by alex » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 5:08 pm

Lawrence warming up at right centre. Simona at left

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 5:13 pm

alex wrote:Lawrence warming up at right centre. Simona at left

So Milky may have picked it then!

Edit - although looking at it another way - what did poor Nofo do to the coach to deserve this??
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.