Official Team Annuonced

MightyTiger

Re: Official Team Annuonced

Post by MightyTiger » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:27 pm

I have not criticised Potter last year or this year and think he is doing a reasonable job. But the selection of Anasta week in week out is really doing no favours to the team nor himself. I also think that Lawrence for the time being stays, as at this stage there is not really any one suitable to replace him with. Plus he has been playing okay this year with the exception of the Souths game.

Yeah I get it when we had injuries and Farah and Woods were on rep duties, fair enough he was looking to keep some old heads with experience on the field. But now we nearly have a full strength team, I really do not see what Anasta adds to the team, if someone can tell me what he brings to the table you are a better person then me.

I would have thought a spine of,

1. Tedesco
6. Austin (Save Moses for 2015, or blood him if we cannot make the finals later in the year)
7. Brooks
9. Farah

This spine would provide so much more attack and confidence if it was played week in week out. Also our right side would actually see some quality ball allowing the team to have more scoring opportunities.

I can only just remember Simona and Nofoluama being try scoring weapons from last year! Amazing what one s#*t player like Anasta can do to one side of our attack. I also think that if Potter keeps persisting with Anasta, Brooks should be allowed to play both left and right sides of the field when in attack.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:29 pm

innsaneink wrote:Anasta will be there all year bar injury...rightly or wrongly

This crap about '''after Origin''' makes no sense to me
It's easy to see the rationalisation. No point dropping Anasta, only to pick him again when Austin has to help Luani at hooker.

Agree with the theory or not (I don't), Potter has shown a commitment to keeping the team stable. If he does drop gone Anasta, that might be the last we see of him.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:30 pm

Anasta is playing like a player who has retired already and is thinking more about his life off the field.

I just cant see why Potter persists with someone who so obviously doesnt give 100% for the team. He's gotta go.

I want to punch Anasta in the face. There, I said it.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

thesquid

Post by thesquid » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:30 pm

Snake wrote:So everybody is happy with the Sheens bench 3 forwards 1 back , ever since the 4 forward rotation was stopped the team has struggled ..I do not understand the logic of having Austin on the bench .
It isn't the 3 forward one back bench. It is our halves combo and zip in attack.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:32 pm

We can only hope. Anasta is bred for semi final football.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:32 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
i dont think you want to do that, you will get locked up for assault and miss watching all the remaining tigers games

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:33 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:

We can only hope. Anasta is bred for semi final football.

He surely grew an extra leg when he played against us in the important games :(

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:37 pm

TigerWoods wrote:Anasta is playing like a player who has retired already and is thinking more about his life off the field.

I just cant see why Potter persists with someone who so obviously doesnt give 100% for the team. He's gotta go.

Haha gold! I wonder how many tv remotes have suffered a similar fate.

Agree Anasta has to go. Not just for his lack of form but also to allow Austin a go @ 5/8 & hopefully give our right side attack some ball. Will also allow us 4 big boppers on the bench. Until Gavet is fit I'd give the 4th bench spot to Akoula. Maybe rotate him with the likes of brown & Buchanan to give them more experience. Either would be better than having a back on the bench & carrying Anasta.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:37 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Glennb wrote:Lawrence & Anasta hold their spots.

Cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

For mine, I would have kept Rowdy (his form has been better save the Souths game). I still think its a matter of when with Anasta and that is the reason Austin keeps getting picked on the bench.

I have faith in Potter and don't agree with the bashing here. If you cant see the many positives and they don't outweigh the perceived negatives, then you don't understand this team.
You're delusional then Glenn. It's your right to be as delusional as you see fit, but it's clear as day that Anasta should be removed from the side ASAP with Lawrence hanging on by the skin of his teeth. Both players' individual efforts have directly resulted in us losing between 3-4 games so far this season.

Then you add on when the rest of the team also has a shocker.

They are passengers of the highest order and there is no reason whatsoever for them to be playing NRL this weekend. Every time they play, the team goes backwards. We have to remove the poison that is holding back our club.
Balmain Boy you clearly don't understand the word "faith". By this I mean that yes, if I was selecting the team, Anasta would not be in it, however I think that Potter has generally proven to be a positive influence and have the team going in the right direction. Therefore, I defer to him and have "faith" (perhaps blind) that this decision, although strange to me, has been made for the right reasons and to fit in with an overall plan or reasons that we are not aware of.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 8:27 pm

thesquid wrote:
Snake wrote:So everybody is happy with the Sheens bench 3 forwards 1 back , ever since the 4 forward rotation was stopped the team has struggled ..I do not understand the logic of having Austin on the bench .
It isn't the 3 forward one back bench. It is our halves combo and zip in attack.
What it really is - Robbie Farah

With Farah - 8 games, 6 wins , 2 losses

Without Farah - 5 games , 1 win , 4 losses

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 8:28 pm

One would think a player of Anasta's standing in the game would know when he is not contributing anything positive on the field and have the decency to stand down. Whilst I still think that Austin has a lot of work to do on his game, there is a marked difference in the team's attack when he replaces Anasta, during a match, that is there for all to see - all except the coaches, apparently.

I was right behind Anasta's selection early on. In fact, I thought he was quite good at the beginning of the season, as was the whole team, but his form has deteriorated a lot since then - just when the team needed him most, to step up in Farah's absence.

However, whilst Anasta is a major weakness at present, the entire team seems to have lost the spark, enthusiasm, hardness and will to win that it had in the first 6 rounds. The usual injuries, Origin and the interruption to what was fast becoming the best impact bench in the NRL hasn't helped, but apart from Gavet, everyone is back on deck now, so the team really needs to find its mental and physical fire again very soon before the season slips away from them.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 8:54 pm

MightyMaggy wrote:I find it hard to understand the selection of Anasta as five-eight, because he seems to offer little in the games. If Austin was selected instead, the back-line would have more attack. Then we could have four forwards on the bench, which would seem sensible against the big Canberra forward pack.
I am baffled too about Anasta getting selected every single week. His form is abysmal and does not warant selection. I wonder if he has a clause in his contract that states that he must never be dropped to nsw cup. Just a thought.

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 11:17 pm

Anasta is easy to bash and yes his form hasn't been there, but do we think potter is a blind man who can't see this? If this is the best thing for the future of Luke Brooks for the next ten years then so be it, you need to have a plan for the future not just next week.

Tigers for 2022!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 11:24 pm

I see a reason to why Gavet wasn't picked if fit

If you look at our side both Sue and Sironen are only recently back from injury and are probably lacking some match fitness

If we pick Gavet it would be another forward without much game time in his legs

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 2:37 am

DonnyBrasco wrote:Anasta is easy to bash and yes his form hasn't been there, but do we think potter is a blind man who can't see this? If this is the best thing for the future of Luke Brooks for the next ten years then so be it, you need to have a plan for the future not just next week.

Yeh I'm with you DB. I really think potter knows what he is doing.
And for some reason I don't even think Anasta is that bad! I still think he must be doing what he has been told to do for the team, otherwise he wouldn't keep getting picked.

As for the 'no drop' clause: not sure if that was even a serious question?! That would be ridiculous...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 10:13 am

DonnyBrasco wrote:Anasta is easy to bash and yes his form hasn't been there, but do we think potter is a blind man who can't see this? If this is the best thing for the future of Luke Brooks for the next ten years then so be it, you need to have a plan for the future not just next week.

By pairing him with halves partner who is non-existent in both attack and defence? How is that healthy for his development. The bloke is useless. May as well have a brick out there with a #6 painted on it.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 10:39 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:

By pairing him with halves partner who is non-existent in both attack and defence? How is that healthy for his development. The bloke is useless. May as well have a brick out there with a #6 painted on it.
so what youre saying is that unless someone can lead by example, they are useless at teaching young halves.

wonder why we need coaches then....

i'm going to take the high praise of Robbie Farah and Luke Brooks over the past few months as well as continual selection by the coach to mean he IS very influential in his talk on the field over people on forums and facebook bagging him.

Although I wouldnt mind an Austin Brooks pairing with Moses on the bench (if he's physically ready which i dont know) haha
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 10:53 am

diedpretty wrote:
willow wrote:To be expected really. Just hope we get over the advantage line this week.

Agree. I would also hope Anasta, Lawrence and Galloway have been put on notice of the possibility of a stint in reggies if they put in another below par performance.
Seriously

When was the last time you saw three regualr first graders all with well over 100 career games, all ex reps...dropped to reggies at once

It just doesnt happen & I can see why

Knee jerk reactions never solve anything, especially cutting 1/4 of the team at once...all coaches start the year hoping to have as minimal unforced changes as possible...its the number one priority....regardless of results and form, because the ethic in a top grade squad is ''hard work'' and ''striving to always improve''