Official Team Annuonced

Glennb
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Official Team Annuonced

Unread post by Glennb » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 5:27 pm

Lawrence & Anasta hold their spots.

Cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

For mine, I would have kept Rowdy (his form has been better save the Souths game). I still think its a matter of when with Anasta and that is the reason Austin keeps getting picked on the bench.

I have faith in Potter and don't agree with the bashing here. If you cant see the many positives and they don't outweigh the perceived negatives, then you don't understand this team.
Last edited by Glennb on Tue 24 Jun, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glennb
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Glennb » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 5:29 pm

1. Tedesco
2. Nofo
3. Simona
4. Lawrence
5. Richards
6. Anasta
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Sironen
12. Thompson
13. Blair

14. Sue
15. Tapau
16 Austin
17 Seumanafanai

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 5:32 pm

Anasta will be there all year bar injury...rightly or wrongly

This crap about '''after Origin''' makes no sense to me

Jay

Unread post by Jay » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 5:32 pm

I wish we could utilize our right side :'( Simona & Nofo, such a good combo. It makes me sad they don't get any plays besides a bomb here and there.

hobbo
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 71 times

Unread post by hobbo » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 5:34 pm

Wasn't mick potter the Director of " Ground hog day " ?
The bench is ok I suppose , shame gavet isn't back yet .
Anasta must of had his Zimmer frame reconditioned during the bye week .

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

TheDen

Unread post by TheDen » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 5:39 pm

No surprises with the team named. Gavet obviously still out injured & assuming they are giving Halatau another week off to recover from the concussion.

Like Ink said Anasta will be there all year but if we're going to name a back on the bench it should have been Moses (Nothing against Austin as he hasn't put a foot wrong)

Would have been the perfect opportunity to inject Moses against the Raiders. When Gavet is available as others have stated we need to go back to a bench of Sue, Taupau, Semanufagai & Gavet.

A spine of Tedesco, Moses, Brooks and Farah is what we need. Make it happen before the finals are out of sight Potter.

MightyMaggy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MightyMaggy » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 5:42 pm

I find it hard to understand the selection of Anasta as five-eight, because he seems to offer little in the games. If Austin was selected instead, the back-line would have more attack. Then we could have four forwards on the bench, which would seem sensible against the big Canberra forward pack.

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by willow » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 5:45 pm

To be expected really. Just hope we get over the advantage line this week.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 5:47 pm

Okay...where is Gavet after being announced in the NSW Cup last week..but pulled out last minute?

Looks like Anasta is here to stay and while Gavet is out of the NRL 17 Austin will take his place.

As for Lawrence, what are out options...none really..Lulia is not NRL standard...and no one else is putting pressure to be picked @ centre.

Snake
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Snake » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 5:52 pm

So everybody is happy with the Sheens bench 3 forwards 1 back , ever since the 4 forward rotation was stopped the team has struggled ..I do not understand the logic of having Austin on the bench .

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 5:57 pm

Glennb wrote:Lawrence & Anasta hold their spots.

For mine, I would have kept Rowdy (his form has been better save the Souths game). I still think its a matter of when with Anasta and that is the reason Austin keeps getting picked on the bench.

I have faith in Potter and don't agree with the bashing here. If you cant see the many positives and they don't outweigh the perceived negatives, then you don't understand this team.
You're delusional then Glenn. It's your right to be as delusional as you see fit, but it's clear as day that Anasta should be removed from the side ASAP with Lawrence hanging on by the skin of his teeth. Both players' individual efforts have directly resulted in us losing between 3-4 games so far this season.

Then you add on when the rest of the team also has a shocker.

They are passengers of the highest order and there is no reason whatsoever for them to be playing NRL this weekend. Every time they play, the team goes backwards. We have to remove the poison that is holding back our club.

TheDen

Unread post by TheDen » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 5:57 pm

Snake wrote:So everybody is happy with the Sheens bench 3 forwards 1 back , ever since the 4 forward rotation was stopped the team has struggled ..I do not understand the logic of having Austin on the bench .
Who would you pick as the 4th forward Snake with Gavet unavailable? Akauola?

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:02 pm

Snake wrote:So everybody is happy with the Sheens bench 3 forwards 1 back , ever since the 4 forward rotation was stopped the team has struggled ..I do not understand the logic of having Austin on the bench .
I agree, but injuries and origin have held us back a bit. Here's hoping Gavet comes back soon, that then will confirm whether we'll see Anasta for the remainder of the year or Austin gets promoted to the 5/8 spot full time.

diedpretty
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:07 pm

willow wrote:To be expected really. Just hope we get over the advantage line this week.

Agree. I would also hope Anasta, Lawrence and Galloway have been put on notice of the possibility of a stint in reggies if they put in another below par performance.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:13 pm

Glennb wrote:Lawrence & Anasta hold their spots.

The "emperors new clothes" may look fine to you but i cant agree.Lawrence has been poor for much of the year but anasta has been dreadful all season

pacman

Unread post by pacman » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:22 pm

Lawrence and Anasta picked = shake my head.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:23 pm

Really good to see Sirro starting.
Not fussed about the team for this game as log as they walk away with the 2 points.
If it was a tougher team i would pick on the nitty gritty but its not really required for this one,Robbie should guide the boys around easily..

Gary Bakerloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:27 pm

Yep - also add the pack is carrying Sironen as he returns from injury.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”