Robbie and Ricky

Tigerdon

Robbie and Ricky

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 9:14 am

From Nine.
Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah has revealed he reminded Canberra's Jarrod Croker of his missed penalty in the 2010 NRL finals clash just before the centre spurned the opportunity to win the game for his team at Campbelltown on Saturday.
The Raiders were awarded a penalty with three minutes left in the game, but Croker sprayed his 35-metre effort to the right to hand the injury-hit Tigers a gutsy 19-18 win.
It was almost a carbon-copy of Croker's bungled attempt to seal victory at Canberra Stadium against the Tigers four years ago and Farah revealed he made sure he had that moment in his mind when he stepped up to kick the ball.

"I sure did," Farah said.

"It was a match-winning kick ... he just smiled and nodded I just wanted to get in his ear.

"I thought it was a harsh penalty to begin with and I just walked up to him and reminded him of that finals game."
In addition to dealing with Farah's comments, Croker, who left the field in tears, then had to re-set his concentration after referee Matt Ceccin ran in front of him as he was running towards the ball to push back Tigers players, who weren't back 10 metres.

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart was furious at the incident and said the actions of Ceccin were something he'd never seen before in his long career.
"It was wrong, the bloke taking a kick at goal to win the match and he jumps in as he's about to take his first step," Stuart said.
The former NSW coach also accused on-field referee Ceccin and his assistant Gavin Reynolds of being too reliant on the video referees.

"The game was refereed by the video refs tonight because the refs out there are too scared to make a decision," Stuart said.

"It's not the refs' fault, it's where the game has got to.

"It's not a [automatically edited] about the loss. Milford got hit in the head at the kick-off and they get the penalty."
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Defiant » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 10:48 am

I never miss a Ricky press conference.

Always entertaining. How Canberra think he is a fixer is beyond me.

imo the tackle he was talking about was ok anyway. Tapow then wore an elbow to the head.

tig_prmz

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 11:32 am

It was a penalty coz your player was offside you dumbass.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 12:21 pm

Lol @ Robbie! Good onya mate, psychological intimidation at its best!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Tigerdave » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 12:35 pm

no mention of the clear forearm of Shillington going into Marty's head.......that "high" tackle Sticky is referring too, wasn't anywhere near a high tackle

and great stuff from Robbie :)

cqtiger

Unread post by cqtiger » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 2:20 pm

I hope Ricky Stuart coaches in the NRL for another 10 years, just not at our club.

Poor old Raiders fans, having to see his face every week. Not to mention having to put up with his churlish behaviour every time his team loses (which will be most weeks).

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Juro

Unread post by Juro » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 5:07 pm

Tapau's tackle was fine. How nobody was penalised or worse from Canberra when all their team rushed it was the joke. I could have sworn I saw a punch or two. Thankfully we got the penalty for offside.

Canberra also rushed in to start something off the first tackle (again a legal tackle).

The penalty against us that Croker missed was harsh too. It was simultaneous. If he had held onto the ball, nobody would have blinked an eye. Justice was served when he missed the kick...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 6:47 pm

Ricky is always great entertainment after a loss.
I'd love for Stuart to coach Carney down in Canberra, however I think after a vandalism spree a judge banned him from the town of Goulburn. So it would be hard for him to travel to and from games.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Newtown

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 7:08 pm

The former NSW coach also accused on-field referee Ceccin and his assistant Gavin Reynolds of being too reliant on the video referees. "The game was refereed by the video refs tonight because the refs out there are too scared to make a decision," Stuart said.

Stuart is on the moon. Wasn't it the video referees who determined that it was a no-try after Nofoalma chased down a kick down to Canberra's tryline and grounded the ball in unison with a defender whose hand made contact only fractionally before Nofoalama and whose feet were only inches over the sideline? Canberra is such a negative team because their coach is the most negative NRL coach in many years.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”