GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 159 times

Re: Panthers troubles leading into our match

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 10:43 pm

jirskyr wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Newtown wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:We are gonna get smoked......which is what i suggest the OP did just prior to writing this.

_The panthers must be laughing their arses off..no teddy,farah and Woods...amongst others.
That's what Canberra and their master coach Stuart were thinking throughout Saturday's match - until Anasta kicked his field goal that is.
And Canberra are second last. Penrith are second.
Umm just this weekend, current standings, Warriors 8th beat Panthers 2nd, Sharks 16th beat Broncos 7th, Cowboys 11th beat Rabbits 4th.
Canberra are dog crap though. As brave as we were, that game said more about them then it did about us. Out of the 15 teams we could have played last night, we only could have beaten one of them, and they happened to be the one we were playing. We got lucky, simple as that.
Don't read too much into ladder position. Every week is a new proposition.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 159 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 10:43 pm

jirskyr wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Newtown wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:We are gonna get smoked......which is what i suggest the OP did just prior to writing this.

_The panthers must be laughing their arses off..no teddy,farah and Woods...amongst others.
That's what Canberra and their master coach Stuart were thinking throughout Saturday's match - until Anasta kicked his field goal that is.
And Canberra are second last. Penrith are second.
Umm just this weekend, current standings, Warriors 8th beat Panthers 2nd, Sharks 16th beat Broncos 7th, Cowboys 11th beat Rabbits 4th.
Don't read too much into ladder position. Every week is a new proposition.
Canberra are dog crap though. As brave as we were, that game said more about them then it did about us. Out of the 15 teams we could have played last night, we only could have beaten one of them, and they happened to be the one we were playing. We got lucky, simple as that.

alex

Unread post by alex » Mon 30 Jun, 2014 7:15 am

We beat them last year without Farah and Tedesco...

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

tigerbenji
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by tigerbenji » Mon 30 Jun, 2014 7:36 am

This Team has a ton of Guts as they showed on Sat Night, Yes i know it was Canberra, But previous Teams of ours would of lost. I would like to see Dean @ Hooker & Fine in the Team as well. With just a couple of changes we can beat Penrith @ Leichhardt with a big Crowd behind us.

Pierre M7

Unread post by Pierre M7 » Mon 30 Jun, 2014 1:27 pm

alex wrote:We beat them last year without Farah and Tedesco...

We were trailing 18-4 at one stage in that game & came back to win 20-18 after a Simona solo effort length of the field!
"One flick and they're gone"

Nors05

Unread post by Nors05 » Mon 30 Jun, 2014 4:12 pm

If we turn up like we did against Canberra then we could win this...not by much, it would be a close one.

We are more fukd in terms of injury than Panthers.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Mon 30 Jun, 2014 6:51 pm

Penrith are a far superior team this season compared to last season - they've been going great guns all year. However, I reckon it must be time for them to have a bit of a slump :) A four game losing streak starting this weekend is on the cards - the cause of it being the loss of Soward, who has really been the catalyst for them this year :pray:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Mon 30 Jun, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm confident that we're meeting Penrith at the right time. Coming off a loss and losing their key man notwithstanding they then go into a match with a team missing a ton of key players and will have Leichhardt to contend with to boot. Massive amounts of pressure on themselves to perform and Wallace will struggle in those conditions. Gavet and Taupau to beat the crap out of them, Brooks and Anasta to cut them up through the ruck for a surprise big win.

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 30 Jun, 2014 7:28 pm

Im sorry to be such a party pooper - but i don't even rate Penrith. Just shows how silly i am.

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Nors05

Unread post by Nors05 » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 12:13 pm

MacDougall wrote:I'm confident that we're meeting Penrith at the right time. Coming off a loss and losing their key man notwithstanding they then go into a match with a team missing a ton of key players and will have Leichhardt to contend with to boot. Massive amounts of pressure on themselves to perform and Wallace will struggle in those conditions. Gavet and Taupau to beat the crap out of them, Brooks and Anasta to cut them up through the ruck for a surprise big win.
Only problem is Gavet is in NSW Cup and Soward is names to be playing......

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 05 Jul, 2014 5:14 pm

Then Lodge to cut them up and Soward to return to sucking after he drops the lip from being belted by the Tigers every time he touches it.

Return to “Round 17: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”