Panthers troubles leading into our match

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Panthers troubles leading into our match

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 7:23 pm

So Soward injured and the Panthers put in a clanger. Pretty fortunate for us. Tbh I think Penrith are performing a little bit above themselves this year so far. They've had a lovely draw. I think we'll stitch them up. In fact I reckon we'll spank them. 36 -16.

Tigersman

Unread post by Tigersman » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 7:25 pm

MacDougall wrote:So Soward injured and the Panthers put in a clanger. Pretty fortunate for us. Tbh I think Penrith are performing a little bit above themselves this year so far. They've had a lovely draw. I think we'll stitch them up. In fact I reckon we'll spank them. 36 -16.
Wow really? with out Farah,Woods,Tedesco and Sue?????
Tigersman since 2013!

MacDougall

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 7:35 pm

Yep. Without all those players. I feel like all those posts that were saying things like "maybe Potter has been waiting to do yada yada" that I thought were ridiculous were kind of proven true the other night when he swapped sides and had Anasta and Brooks playing both sides. Anasta really stepped up and having Anasta anywhere near his best out of nowhere adds a fairly remarkable element to our team. I think we'll slice them up early and often and their points will come late. It'll look a lot like the Eagles and Rabbits games.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 7:39 pm

No chance. We're ordinary without Farah and Woods and the Panthers are solid. If we win, it won't be by much.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 7:41 pm

The panthers have had a very good draw no doubt ,after watching the game today they don't seem to me to be in any trouble they played a better team on the day. Soward they can live without short term but they do have a very well balanced side,if Potter gets the selections right this week it could be a close affair.From what I have seen in the Premier league side there are defiantly some likely types that could do a dame good job , hopefully Potter will not stay the safe course with a few that are selected when Woods and Robbie are not around as this has not worked .

MacDougall

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 7:43 pm

We'll see.

hobbo
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 97 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 7:43 pm

MacDougall wrote:Yep. Without all those players. I feel like all those posts that were saying things like "maybe Potter has been waiting to do yada yada" that I thought were ridiculous were kind of proven true the other night when he swapped sides and had Anasta and Brooks playing both sides. Anasta really stepped up and having Anasta anywhere near his best out of nowhere adds a fairly remarkable element to our team. I think we'll slice them up early and often and their points will come late. It'll look a lot like the Eagles and Rabbits games.
I agree with ya Mac ! I'd feel even more confident if we were playing at the Riff !
The pamfers have been pretenders so far this year IMO . I can't remember the last time they beat us ?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 7:43 pm

MacDougall wrote:So Soward injured and the Panthers put in a clanger. Pretty fortunate for us. Tbh I think Penrith are performing a little bit above themselves this year so far. They've had a lovely draw. I think we'll stitch them up. In fact I reckon we'll spank them. 36 -16.
And they've got us without Farah, Woods, Simona, Tedesco and maybe Sue. Lets look at things with both eyes for a second, is the side we field any better then the majority of sides they have beat this yr?

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 8:01 pm

We are gonna get smoked......which is what i suggest the OP did just prior to writing this.

_The panthers must be laughing their arses off..no teddy,farah and Woods...amongst others.

No hope.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 8:13 pm

This Panthers team loves to throw the ball around and can score points. It will be a big step up from the Raiders game in terms of speed. We'll have to watch James Segeyaro out of dummy half. Without Woods and Farah that might be a problem area.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 8:19 pm

I think we are a chance to win if we get up in their faces, put pressure on them and play a strong, mistake free, forward dominated game. If we can get Taupau and Gavet charging forward over the advantage line and back it up with some smart kicking, we might grind our way to another narrow victory. I'd love to see a couple of experiments regarding selections, including Cherrington at hooker and Moses on the bench. I've already said on the Team v Penrith thread that Lulia and Luani should be ignored in favour of trying some new blood. If will be a mistake to try and play expansively as we don't have the personnel to pull it off.

Tigersman

Unread post by Tigersman » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 8:19 pm

simonthetiger wrote:We are gonna get smoked......which is what i suggest the OP did just prior to writing this.

_The panthers must be laughing their arses off..no teddy,farah and Woods...amongst others.

No hope.
It's like the Storm with out Slater,Smith,Bromwich and Chambers no go forward and no silky attack= No Hope....
Tigersman since 2013!

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 8:33 pm

simonthetiger wrote:We are gonna get smoked......which is what i suggest the OP did just prior to writing this.

That's what Canberra and their master coach Stuart were thinking throughout Saturday's match - until Anasta kicked his field goal that is.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 8:35 pm

Newtown wrote:

That's what Canberra and their master coach Stuart were thinking throughout Saturday's match - until Anasta kicked his field goal that is.
And Canberra are second last. Penrith are second.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by willow » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 9:00 pm

No hope.
Agree. We struggle big time to score points and without Farah, Woods, Tedesco, Simona...We'll be lucky to cross the tryline IMO.

Tigersman

Unread post by Tigersman » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 9:08 pm

willow wrote:

No hope.
Agree. We struggle big time to score points and without Farah, Woods, Tedesco, Simona...We'll be lucky to cross the tryline IMO.
We are due for a thrashing It's that time of the year and I would rather the Panthers thrash us then the Dogs,Eagles or Roosters...
Tigersman since 2013!

jirskyr
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 10:19 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Newtown wrote:

And Canberra are second last. Penrith are second.
Umm just this weekend, current standings, Warriors 8th beat Panthers 2nd, Sharks 16th beat Broncos 7th, Cowboys 11th beat Rabbits 4th.

Don't read too much into ladder position. Every week is a new proposition.

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 10:27 pm

We always seem to match up well against the Panthers

Big ask but I've seen weirder things happen

If we keep Penrith under 14 points we will win

Simple

Return to “Round 17: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”