Lovett

brown
faigalust
hollis
inno
Thanks BP

stevied

Post by stevied » Tue 01 Jul, 2014 7:28 pm

I agree with you Alex, we now have two plodders in the forwards - Keithy and Buchanon .....as well as three in the backs - Anasta, Lawrence and Lulia. With the service they're bound to get from Wallace and Soward I expect the Panthers centres to cut us to shreds......What a conservative, boring and, in the end, short sighted set of selections! Does Potter actually watch NSW Cup or NYC? Luani, Buchanon and Lulia have done nothing to warrant promotion. Pick Cherrington, Brown and Fine and you inject speed, flair and enthusiasm. On top of that you gain some insight into what our prospects can do. I promise I'll eat my words if we miraculously find a way to win. If we do, I predict it will be the Origin score line of 6-4!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 01 Jul, 2014 8:18 pm

Even though Soward has been named don't expect him to play

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 01 Jul, 2014 8:19 pm

That State cup side could well give the First grade side a run for its money.

Lulia has been so bad of late - even for state cup!

Dear oh Dear. I hope it's just a smokey.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Tue 01 Jul, 2014 9:15 pm

Just watched the Riaders game replay and tbh Chris Lawrence defends like a statue with a little bit less agility. I dont even think he is agile enough to be a second rower in todays game but it is his only possible future position. Woe the Tigers with this weeks team !

TJL

Post by TJL » Tue 01 Jul, 2014 9:18 pm

I can't see any other result than Penriff by plenty given the side named.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 01 Jul, 2014 10:34 pm

Dear oh dear Potter is turning into a Sheens cloan

What a pathetic side. Luani, Buchanan and Lulia are dead set plodders. None will bring anything to the side. Throw in the worst player in the NRL Lawrence, and Braith to go back to doing nothing and it a slow, unthreatening, awful side. No faith in youth, or flair or speed. Just a plodder of a side that would need a full heap of luck to get a win.

I like the way we are progessing as a club however i am starting to wonder how much it has to do with Potter's coaching and how much it is Farah, Woods etc just putting in outstanding performances and showing great leadership.

This was the perfect week to try and inject some speed and youth at home with nothing to lose. Next week its Brookvale, then the Dogs. Three losses on the bounce coming up.

Potter has been a good man for a rebuild and a change of culture. However if he is going to continue on this theme of no accountability for certain players then he will end up like Sheens. Finishing 9th or 10th and underachieving year in year out.

alex

Post by alex » Tue 01 Jul, 2014 10:39 pm

For all those bagging Potter re: Lawrence's selection through poor form, he is aware of it and is trying to do something about it. He acknowledged the balance between our left and right side wasn't working so switched him with Simona last weekend. He's trying. But given the injuries we'll have to be patient

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 12:09 am

I think this may be the worst side we have fielded in our short history.

If Potter isn't going for it now there is no way he will against Manly.

Angry mob brewing.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 12:43 am

Not a very exciting team, but no reason to rush Moses before he's ready. Penrith are a big team, including Mansour and Idris, so Moses would just be making tackles all game as the Penrith forwards roll at him one after another. Barring injury to Anasta, Moses won't play first grade and I'm happy to go with Potter on that one.

Luani is a concern as we get nothing out of dummy half from him. On the other hand, Halatau is on the bench, so I'd say he'll swap with Luani at some point. Reasonably clear backup plan Potter has there. Happy with this as Halatau isn't match fit and Gavet is in the naughty boy corner this week.

Halatau offers more in this area and should help us get on the front foot. That's the dream anyway!

Anasta needs to play like last week and lead from the front, take on the line and use that massive bomb! His kicking is a strength if nothing else and he needs to play to that.

The Panthers are a big side, so we need to play a fast game to get their big forwards rolling back in D, otherwise we'll be monstered by their pack.

Buchanan will play 25 minutes tops I reckon. My tip is he's there to give Tapau a rest rather than being there for any impact. In saying that, I admittedly haven't seen him play since last year so things may have changed. I hope so.

Austin will be peppered with bombs - he's going to need to put in a big performance defensively.

Given the injuries we have, it's hard to knock the team Potter has selected. We will miss the leadership of Farah and Woods, but we have Anasta, Galloway, Halatau, Richards and Brooksy. It's time for their experience to show and carry this band-aid team to a win. We look unlikely, but anything can happen on the day.

Up the Tiges!

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 6:01 am

A good and reasoned post from weststigers.

Some may not be happy with some of the selections, particularly Lawrence and the LuLu's, but being a SOO lead up match, it is a stable side. I am okay with the team, but hope Gavet gets a reprieve and is given a run, even if short of a gallop.

Whilst Moses might have been knocking on the door for a debut run, he did his chances no good on the weekend. Regardless of that effort, I could not see Potter taking any debutants into a match when Woods and Farah are both missing, unless absolutely necessary.

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 6:27 am

It was reported The club was going to play mosses against the rosters. With no farah or woods

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 8:15 am

littletiger wrote:It was reported The club was going to play mosses against the rosters. With no farah or woods
Not 100%, but Anasta was injured for that one wasn't he?

TigerBrent94

Post by TigerBrent94 » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 9:25 am

Buchanan has been named in the NSW Residents side along with Nathan Brown to be played next Wednesday night as the curtain raiser before Origin 3. So does this mean Buchanan becomes unavailable for this Sunday? I really hope so.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 9:32 am

TigerBrent94 wrote:Buchanan has been named in the NSW Residents side along with Nathan Brown to be played next Wednesday night as the curtain raiser before Origin 3. So does this mean Buchanan becomes unavailable for this Sunday? I really hope so.
No Brent ,first grade selection takes precedence

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 9:33 am

i had a chance to see all three grades last week (thanks foxtel!) and thought Lodge looked a class above in NYC. is it not better to have him in NSW cup against the bigger guys?

i also thought halatau played pretty well. he may not be tall, but he is far from small. hopefully he will take over from luani, who i agree, throws so many passes forward from dummy half. also, lulia? ugh. Fine should have gotten a go imo.

if they do manage to scrape in a win in the next three weeks it will be pretty special, but im not holding my breath.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 10:42 am

Relax and enjoy the upset of the round

WESTS TIGERS UPSET THE PANTHERS 18 /12 AT , L O in front of 13641 fans