Matty Lodge

underdog

Re: Matty Lodge

Post by underdog » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:01 pm

Solid no nonsense, and carried players with him.

Any of the DH stuff that has been spoken about in the past looked out of his game today.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:06 pm

Thought he was great, highly involved, always bent the line and went forward. Imo he stole Moses thunder made way more of an impact he should be happy with himself, top debut.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:17 pm

Looked good
Doesnt have the same punch as Marty Kapow but could outrun KG easily

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:23 pm

He looks good to me.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:38 pm

Looked completely comfortable in 1sts.
& that's a serious achievement for a 19yo prop, playing in a team that he arrived at 2 weeks ago, in a losing side.
Very impressive. We'll see a lot more of this kid.
He, Woods and Tapau will really complement each other if they stay together for a few years.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:45 pm

softlaw wrote:Looked completely comfortable in 1sts.
& that's a serious achievement for a 19yo prop, playing in a team that he arrived at 2 weeks ago, in a losing side.
Very impressive. We'll see a lot more of this kid.
He, Woods and Tapau will really complement each other if they stay together for a few years.
i thought the exact same (comfortable in 1sts). i remember thinking during the game he really looked like a regular 1st grader who'd been playing a few seasons. was excited to see how he went and he did really well.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:47 pm

he was good. good signing.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:48 pm

I didn't see anything special in Lodge today but I did see something special in Brown and Koroibete
two players who Potter dislikes. I bet Brown would have played today if Payten was coach.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:50 pm

Irvine wrote:I didn't see anything special in Lodge today but I did see something special in Brown and Koroibete
two players who Potter dislikes. I bet Brown would have played today if Payten was coach.

Get your eyesight checked!!!

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:57 pm

Think he did real well for his debut.Good luck to him

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:08 pm

Irvine wrote:I didn't see anything special in Lodge today but I did see something special in Brown and Koroibete
lol, Lodge was good today and to be honest his debut was better than Browns. I like Brown but he looks fat, lazy and unfit at the moment so i don't think he will be in firsts this year. As for Koro well i'm dissappointed he is gone but we have to move on. Please tell us why you hate Potter so much.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:17 pm

We'll certainly have a good forward pack next year and our front row stocks are finally looking good. We need to do something about our outside backs, namely centres and wingers.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:19 pm

Koroibete? Are you kidding mate? Im waving goodbye to that guy. A mannequin with a Tigers jersey draped over it would read the opposition better and have better defence. Being able to run fast isnt everything.

Sheesh....

:brick:
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:21 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:
lol, Lodge was good today and to be honest his debut was better than Browns. I like Brown but he looks fat, lazy and unfit at the moment so i don't think he will be in firsts this year. As for Koro well i'm dissappointed he is gone but we have to move on. Please tell us why you hate Potter so much.
I don't hate him I just think he would be better suited in an admin or recruiting role because his coaching knowledge is very limited.
Webster and Payten have the football smarts that Potter will never have.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:29 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:
Mate his post has nothing to do with Lodge, its just another clutch from Irvine to try and criticise Potter which is getting very boring.

Here's a tip Irvine, save your criticism of Potter for semi justifiable things and you may just make some sense. The same vendetta and boring posts makes people not even listen anymore.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Post by 851 » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:31 pm

Get over your Potter hate,and Brown is nothing special,Lodge is a far better prospect.
Last edited by 851 on Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go hard or go home

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:36 pm

2 comments Lodge has a future in the NRL ...Brown has a future as an apprentice Plumber !

methods

Post by methods » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:41 pm

FYI

Toddy has big wraps on lodge and no doubt pushed for his inclusion

Posted using RoarFEED V.4