Matty Lodge

Goose

Re: Matty Lodge

Unread post by Goose » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 5:09 pm

Matt Lodge was outstanding for an 19 YO front rower on debut.
Was particularly impressed with how hard he chased from marker and how effective he was at getting the panthers forward on their backs.

This bloke has been talked up from a very early age and has delivered at every step. I reckon we have got a real good un here.

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 5:14 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Snake wrote:
underdog wrote:
Irvine wrote:I didn't see anything special in Lodge today but I did see something special in Brown and Koroibete
two players who Potter dislikes. I bet Brown would have played today if Payten was coach.
Every.

Damn.

Post.

:deadhorse:

I have gone now from thinking maybe Potter slept with your missus to I HOPE Potter slept with your missus.

Let it go!

Lodge was miles ahead of Groat, on par with Brown, and Koro - wtf... Koro isn't even a front rower!

Get a clue mate.
Could Irvine be Sheens?
I think he's a bitter junior that who couldnt cut the mustard was cut by Potter before the 20s while his mates made it
I think i remember Irvine saying he played SG Ball for Norths.

IIRC a Tedessco and Noffa led Wests ran up about 50 or 60 one day againsts Norths, Teddy scored 3 or 4 and carved up deluxe.

I often wonder if Irvine played in that game hence the love for Teddy.

Just a theory I have.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 5:21 pm

Ooohhh we might be getting warmer

blaze2

Unread post by blaze2 » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 5:45 pm

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 5:51 pm

His stats speak for themselves:

11 runs for 91m, 3 tackle breaks, 20 tackles, only player not to miss a tackle & 1 offload.

Wests Tigers Fan

Unread post by Wests Tigers Fan » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 6:12 pm

He played well and I was dissappointed that he didn't get bigger minutes.. He definitely didn't look happy when he was taken off.. He looked filthy about being taken off and I personally think that is great!! There is nothing better than a forward with some mongrel and this guy has it... He ran hard and he tried hard..

If we can hang on to him that will be great.. Woods is now the consistent prop who gets metres and has learnt how to be controlled but can fire up when needed. Lodge can be the mongrel we are after to work with Woods in the long term!! Marty thrown in there as well..

How good is it to have some great front rowers!!

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

lathami

Unread post by lathami » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 7:06 pm

Come on girls, put the handbags away!!!
Leave irvine alone, everyone's intitled to their opinion!! You girls certainly have alot!!
I agree with the favorites in the potter camp. We should of kept koro, as we lack X factor. Potter did a good thing with giving lodge and Moses ago, but showed he's true colours in naming that hack lulia in the team(favorites) , man he loss the game in state cup the week before. And then still named him, seriously no idea!!!!

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 11:16 pm

Goose wrote:Matt Lodge was outstanding for an 19 YO front rower on debut.
Was particularly impressed with how hard he chased from marker and how effective he was at getting the panthers forward on their backs.

This bloke has been talked up from a very early age and has delivered at every step. I reckon we have got a real good un here.
Yes Lodge was very good. No surprise he is good with the wrestle , we got him from the Melbourne Storm. Good signing for us. Lets hope he behaves himself of field too.

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 11:21 pm

Great to have young props with promise

Woods and perhaps now Lodge

Lodge could easily add 6-10 kgs to his frame within 18 months once he begins training full time with the first grade squad

Return to “Round 17: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”