CRAP TEAM & ATTACK

bp tiger

CRAP TEAM & ATTACK

Post by bp tiger » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:34 pm

For those who think Potter is doing a good job, please go to spec savers A.S.A.P. Our attack is the worse I have seen in years, we have little or no structure in attack, and please don't say its any ones fault other than the coaches, he sets the game plan and the structure for the games, and we don't have any at all. Also some of his selections are right out of sheens hand book. How in the hell does sirro gets a start or even a place on the bench the way he is playing, akaloula is way better than him, at least he hits the line and hurts the opposition in defence .Are defence out wide well there is no defence out wide. The young blokes are doing a good job, but there is no structure to any thing we do. really watching our team of late is very painful they struggle in defence most of the time to stop the other team where as the opposition stop us with ease, and our lacklustre attack ensures we struggle to score points.
PLEASE MAYER DO NOT RENEW POTTERS CONTRACT, WE CAN DO BETTER.
thats my spray, I feel some what better, no not really.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:43 pm

I can't see any game plan or any structure.

What i do see is a very slow 9. A very slow 6 and 2 slow centres.

The game plan appears to be to hope the opposition is awful.

Basically it is a team of plodders that would struggle to beat a state cup side.

Dissapointing from Potter, he is showing no inspiration, no nous, no courage or no invention on Tuesday or on Sundays at the minute.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:46 pm

the attack is a real worry. penrith and dogs this week showed the rest how to attack.

im hoping with a few combos, we can gel well together when it matters towards the end.

you can see individualistic brilliance here and there, but no set structure- it's been like this since potter came and you would think potter and the attack coach would do something about it sooner or later
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:52 pm

Eddie wrote:I can't see any game plan or any structure.

What i do see is a very slow 9. A very slow 6 and 2 slow centres.

The game plan appears to be to hope the opposition is awful.

Basically it is a team of plodders that would struggle to beat a state cup side.

Dissapointing from Potter, he is showing no inspiration, no nous, no courage or no invention on Tuesday or on Sundays at the minute.
Potter's stubborn selections of players of limited ability, i.e. Lawrence and Lulia has become an affront to dedicated Wests Tigers supporters.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 6:56 pm

So you think that the team executed Potters game plan?

To most its painfully obvious that the flaws in our games more often than not come down individuals failing to fulfill their personal roles in the structure, if not being basically incompetent at even a basic fundamental skills level.

There are a couple of positions where Im also not happy with selections though, and can understand the gripes. I have never been on board the Luani at hooker decision, but understand how hamstrung we are at present in the centres now Simona is out, lawrence isnt up to it, and Lulia isnt a competent depth centre... up the creek without a paddle...

Braith I havent been too fond of either, but he has showed glimpses of being somewhat capable occasionally.

Potter obviously takes ownership of the daft selections, but to blame him for the players not fulfilling the brief is a bit harsh.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:08 pm

I agree about Sironen. I don't see what's meant to be so special about him? I wouldn't have him in the starting line up at all.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:11 pm

Black'n'White wrote:So you think that the team executed Potters game plan?

To most its painfully obvious that the flaws in our games more often than not come down individuals failing to fulfill their personal roles in the structure, if not being basically incompetent at even a basic fundamental skills level.

There are a couple of positions where Im also not happy with selections though, and can understand the gripes. I have never been on board the Luani at hooker decision, but understand how hamstrung we are at present in the centres now Simona is out, lawrence isnt up to it, and Lulia isnt a competent depth centre... up the creek without a paddle...

Braith I havent been too fond of either, but he has showed glimpses of being somewhat capable occasionally.

Potter obviously takes ownership of the daft selections, but to blame him for the players not fulfilling the brief is a bit harsh.
so what your saying is that , potter says do this and they don't, so he says o.k. thats find I will pick you again next week. It all comes down to the same thing potter is the boss if its not working he needs to fix it, or he has to go.

MAFIA

Post by MAFIA » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:16 pm

Finally someone agrees about sironin I can tell you why he gets picked it's the name there hoping he will play like his dad that will never happen

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:19 pm

bp tiger wrote:

so what your saying is that , potter says do this and they don't, so he says o.k. thats find I will pick you again next week. It all comes down to the same thing potter is the boss if its not working he needs to fix it, or he has to go.

We dropped the ball soooooo much and so early in the tackle count we had no hope of executing a game plan. Throw in a new fullback, slow and crap centres, an overrated and slow winger who had a shocker and what could we achieve?

We have so much more game plans now than we did with Sheens
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:25 pm

Hang on while I get the tissues!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:32 pm

king sirro wrote:
bp tiger wrote:

we dropped the ball because we had no idea what the hell we were doing out there , is it that hard to see. watch the game, see how the good teams go through there plays then watch our plays if u can not see any difference then, ur beyond help.

We dropped the ball soooooo much and so early in the tackle count we had no hope of executing a game plan. Throw in a new fullback, slow and crap centres, an overrated and slow winger who had a shocker and what could we achieve?

We have so much more game plans now than we did with Sheens

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:35 pm

It's not Potters fault. Its individuals. We defeated ourselves today - cliche I know but look at the performances of Lawrence, Luani, Lulia, Sironen, Richards.

Also:
1. We have our two best players out, one of them being our Captain and marshall of troops out on the field. Without Robbie we always look like headless chickens running around.
2. We've been SCREWED again this year with injuries.
3. We have no money to attract the best talent. Salary caps are a load of crap when you factor in third party agreements. How the hell else do the Roosters have SBW, Jennings, Moloney, Pearce, Tapou, Cordner, Friend, Mini, JWH et all. Theres no way you could fit all that in the salary cap.

I will acknowledge though that Potter has to make the tough decisions and drop Lawrence and Lulia (Luani is gone). Promote some young kid to debut, I dont care if he is still below par, at least its giving someone else a run and we could be unearthing another superstar.

If Potter doesn't start growing some balls and doing that, well, he should be shown the door.
:sign:
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 7:41 pm

Teams loose matches. Teams without one of if not the best player in the game loose matches. Teams without their fullback, hooker , prop who also happen to be the best 3 players in the team loose matches.

Penrith were full strength, Tigers were not. Imagine your team started the year with 1.5 million less in the salary cap then the opposition - would you expect your team to win - NO so why would it be any different today

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 8:02 pm

TigerWoods wrote:It's not Potters fault. Its individuals. We defeated ourselves today - cliche I know but look at the performances of Lawrence, Luani, Lulia, Sironen, Richards.

Also:
1. We have our two best players out, one of them being our Captain and marshall of troops out on the field. Without Robbie we always look like headless chickens running around.
2. We've been SCREWED again this year with injuries.
3. We have no money to attract the best talent. Salary caps are a load of crap when you factor in third party agreements. How the hell else do the Roosters have SBW, Jennings, Moloney, Pearce, Tapou, Cordner, Friend, Mini, JWH et all. Theres no way you could fit all that in the salary cap.

I will acknowledge though that Potter has to make the tough decisions and drop Lawrence and Lulia (Luani is gone). Promote some young kid to debut, I dont care if he is still below par, at least its giving someone else a run and we could be unearthing another superstar.

If Potter doesn't start growing some balls and doing that, well, he should be shown the door.
:sign:

Okay lets assume Potter wants to drop Lawrence and Lulia....who does he bring in to replace them...?.

ball main

Post by ball main » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 8:03 pm

Lawrence , Sirro. Anasta. Luani. Lulia. Galloway.
Time to be sent to state cup. Grow some balls potter

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 8:12 pm

Okay lets assume Potter wants to drop Lawrence and Lulia....who does he bring in to replace them...?.
[/quote]

I think I said this in the 'Options' thread. Ive copied/pasted it here:

1. Moses
2. Nofo
3. Fine
4. Tukafeka
5. Richards

Lawrence on the bench (last chance saloon).

Another option could be Nofo at FB, Moses goes to 5/8 (depending on the latest with Anasta) and we leave Lawrence in at 4 with Fine. Tukafeka sits on the bench ready to take his chance if any other back gets injured (God forbid) or Lawrence has another Barry Crocker.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 8:17 pm

TigerWoods wrote:

1. Moses
2. Nofo
3. Fine
4. Tukafeka
5. Richards

Another option could be Nofo at FB, Moses goes to 5/8 (depending on the latest with Anasta) and we leave Lawrence in at 4 with Fine. Tukafeka sits on the bench ready to take his chance if any other back gets injured (God forbid) or Lawrence has another Barry Crocker.[/quote]

I think that you being unkind to other players and kind to Lawrence by offering him the bench. Why does he need another chance without proving himself in State Cup?

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 8:21 pm

Newtown wrote:
TigerWoods wrote:

1. Moses
2. Nofo
3. Fine
4. Tukafeka
5. Richards

Another option could be Nofo at FB, Moses goes to 5/8 (depending on the latest with Anasta) and we leave Lawrence in at 4 with Fine. Tukafeka sits on the bench ready to take his chance if any other back gets injured (God forbid) or Lawrence has another Barry Crocker.
I think that you being unkind to other players and kind to Lawrence by offering him the bench. Why does he need another chance without proving himself in State Cup?[/quote]

I hear you mate, I'd defo drop Lawrence. Unfortunetly though I dont think Lawrence will ever get dropped so was offering up another option.