Siro (the sequal)

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 1:17 am

You know what the biggest problem on this Forum is

The way people judge footballers

The first thing I always look at is their defence You won't last long in the NRL if you can't tackle

The first two back rower picked at the Tigers when fit should be Bodene Thompson and Jesse Sue

Sironen defence needs work ,use him as an impact player while he works on his defence

yeti
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by yeti » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 2:46 am

Give the bloke a break! For those of you who are comparing him to his old man - let me say this. I remember when Sirro senior broke in to first grade and he wasn't what you'd call an instant success. He'd go missing, he seemed to lack aggression, he certainly didn't dominate. (Sound familiar)? Even when he first made the SOO side, those same crtiticisms were made of him at that level too. However, a few solid YEARS into his career and he was rightly seen as a great. Now, I don't know whether Curtis will reach such heights as his dad, but I'm definitely not going to say he won't - not for at least another couple of years. How anyone can right the kid off after a half dozen games is beyond me.

LCA
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 6:27 am

Doesn't help when the ground announcer guy introduced him as "the legendary" Curtis Sironen. Legendary? For what? No one people expect more from him!

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 8:14 am

I suppose you thought James Tedesco was over-rated last year

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 8:31 am

He's young and raw and any other team in the comp would love to have him. We should appreciate the juniors we have coming through.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by 2041 » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 8:54 am

cktiger wrote:There have been plenty of kids running around with famous surnames who didn't end up playing first grade.
I think some of the criticism aimed at him might even be because of the Balmain connection - not always appreciated by some on here.
In this context I'd like to pay "tribute" to the drunk Mr R Sole stood behind us who, at gradually increasing volume and with gradually decreasing coherence, blamed the performance on every young player who he connected in some way to Balmain. Sironen and Moses, in particular, are complete wastes of space and are only anywhere near the side because of their relatives, apparently.

My English accent apparently precludes me from knowing anything about the game. And thus was Mr R Sole joined, in just the one body, by his good friend Mr Ray Cyst.

Thanks, sirs, for making an already average afternoon that little bit less pleasant. If you happen to be reading this - which I doubt, frankly - please let me say that I hope the plumbing in your house backs up. This would give you the chance to experience the physical equivalent of what the rest of us had to listen to yesterday afternoon.

Rparto

Unread post by Rparto » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 9:45 am

Sironen's definitely got the potential, I don't think he's playing to his potential as he isn't a back rower he's better suited to playing 13 or 6 as he is a ball player.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 205 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 9:47 am

larrycorowa wrote:I suppose you thought James Tedesco was over-rated last year
Not one bit. He showed potential from his very first game against the Sharks before he did his ACL.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 9:49 am

2041 wrote:
cktiger wrote:There have been plenty of kids running around with famous surnames who didn't end up playing first grade.
I think some of the criticism aimed at him might even be because of the Balmain connection - not always appreciated by some on here.
In this context I'd like to pay "tribute" to the drunk Mr R Sole stood behind us who, at gradually increasing volume and with gradually decreasing coherence, blamed the performance on every young player who he connected in some way to Balmain. Sironen and Moses, in particular, are complete wastes of space and are only anywhere near the side because of their relatives, apparently.

My English accent apparently precludes me from knowing anything about the game. And thus was Mr R Sole joined, in just the one body, by his good friend Mr Ray Cyst.

Thanks, sirs, for making an already average afternoon that little bit less pleasant. If you happen to be reading this - which I doubt, frankly - please let me say that I hope the plumbing in your house backs up. This would give you the chance to experience the physical equivalent of what the rest of us had to listen to yesterday afternoon.
Did he bag Potter as well ??

We might have a contender

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by 2041 » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 10:12 am

happy tiger wrote:
2041 wrote:

Did he bag Potter as well ??

We might have a contender
Heh, not while I was engaging with him. He was definitely a Magpies one-track-minder - to the point that when I said "Mate, I'm a Wests Tigers fan - that side out there. Who do you support?" he actually said the Magpies. Makes me wonder why he bothered going to Leichhardt in the first place if he apparently doesn't acknowledge the merger.

It was depressing, TBH. There were a couple of older Penrith fans next to us who clearly felt a bit sorry for the rest of us, which is really saying something.

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 10:19 am

even with his inexperience, i think he's doing good enough to be our starting second rower.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 10:29 am

Clearly his name is enraging Magpie loyalists......he looked dangerous with the ball in hand....we need someone following him to take advantage,not a bunch of blokes standing around with their hands on their hips not expecting the ball.

He is going ok,Will get better.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 10:46 am

simonthetiger wrote:Clearly his name is enraging Magpie loyalists......he looked dangerous with the ball in hand....we need someone following him to take advantage,not a bunch of blokes standing around with their hands on their hips not expecting the ball.

Reckon we are playing him too flat in attack

Use him how we used to use Ellis running good angles at speed and he would be killing it

Same with Lawrence ,many times when he drops the ball he is getting the ball at the line

At full strength I would still be using Sirro off the bench still and getting him to spend the next 6 or 7 months working on his defence for 2015 and then playing 60 + minutes next season when his engine is stronger

hobbo
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 97 times

Unread post by hobbo » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 10:56 am

happy tiger wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:Clearly his name is enraging Magpie loyalists......he looked dangerous with the ball in hand....we need someone following him to take advantage,not a bunch of blokes standing around with their hands on their hips not expecting the ball.

Reckon we are playing him too flat in attack

Use him how we used to use Ellis running good angles at speed and he would be killing it

Same with Lawrence ,many times when he drops the ball he is getting the ball at the line

At full strength I would still be using Sirro off the bench still and getting him to spend the next 6 or 7 months working on his defence for 2015 and then playing 60 + minutes next season when his engine is stronger
Too right happy what ever happened to our deep sweeping Back line plays of the old days ? If playing this flat is Potters way of a new structure it's clearly not working IMO .
It's like watching under 10's where the ball has to go to a second receiver & before you know it the defence is up in ya face before you know it !

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

jirskyr
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 11:29 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
jirskyr wrote:I wrote this in another thread, but Siro is only 20 and has played 28 FG matches. Can someone show me where the elite-class equivalent is at any other team, a backrower who is fresh out of 20s and dominating every week.

It's almost like people have seen Woods deliver at 23 y.o. and forget that most forwards do not reach their peak until well into their mid-late 20s. Take a look at the Origins sides and show me the other kids in the pack. Boyd Cordner is the only exception I can think of, at 22.
Granted, but whats he done to warrant being built as a future Australian player?
Not much! Certainly he's nothing near a rep jumper, that is just the crap the media spouts when they want to drum up interest in new players.

Tigers used to be "the entertainers" and now we are "bursting full of young champions" or some such. There is always a tag, so our current tag involves talking up the juniors who keep getting a run.

MAFIA

Unread post by MAFIA » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 12:19 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Some will remember my thread about this guy from a few weeks ago hence the title.Still not getting the love for this guy. Yes, i know all of his supporters will come out and say he's only coming back from injury, but thats beside the point. I haven't seen anything, ever from him that i find out of the ordinary. Solid first grader, i'm sure he has it in him. A future Australian rep that people have him as a lay down for? Nup, can't see it.
Hell GNR we agree on this subject I cannot see anything that suggests he will be a rep player

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 205 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 12:33 pm

Lmao the tin foil must be selling cheap somewhere.

''How dare you not rate the son of a Tigers legend. He's going to be a superstar and if you disagree you must be a a bitter Magpie''. Haha such arrogance. I have a feeling this kid is going to be a protected species, even if he doesn't live up to expectations.

bp tiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by bp tiger » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 12:47 pm

so people on here want to keep Sirro in the side because he will come good in a couple of years, what a load of rubbish he may well come good, but at present time he should be in the

Return to “Round 17: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”