Page 1 of 1

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014 9:08 pm
by supercoach
Half our FG side should still be learning their trade in the lower grades, but have been fast tracked as we have no one better.

Iam starting to have my doubts on a few the kids that have been talked up as been better than sliced bread. We have to do some serious retrenchments and recruiting if we seriously want to mix it with the big boys. Brooks,Farah and Woods can not do it on their own

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014 9:20 pm
by pHyR3
Just rewatched the opening 20 minutes. Moses, Brooks and Sironen were absolutely killing it! Curtis will be a great player no doubt. Maybe not as good as his dad but he sure as hell did not get a start in a bloody NRL team because he has a nice surname. You really think Potter gives a **** who his daddy is?

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014 10:07 pm
by tsjonathan
pHyR3 wrote:Just rewatched the opening 20 minutes. Moses, Brooks and Sironen were absolutely killing it! Curtis will be a great player no doubt. Maybe not as good as his dad but he sure as hell did not get a start in a bloody NRL team because he has a nice surname. You really think Potter gives a **** who his daddy is?
Finally a comment with substance.

That first part of the match gave a glimpse of something very special at the tigers.

Add another years experience with those three along with Farah and Tedesco (next year) and then how does everyone feel?

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014 10:19 pm
by Tigerdon
A lot of teams like Melbourne, St George, Manly, cowboys, Sharks have an ageing squad. We are blessed with talented youth..and truck loads of it. Siro and Lodge will improve heaps by playing with Woods and Taupau.

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014 10:29 pm
by formerguest
For me, he is a much better player than his father was at the same age, whom also moved from the backline, being a centre as a junior.

Curtis is a NRL level player in the early stages of his transition to be a backrower. He definitely shows a lot of potential to make a good fist of it, but only time will tell.

He has good bloodlines, with his maternal side having a decent halfback among them. Regardless of his heritage, which cannot hurt his chances, I think he will be a long term top grade player at worst. If injury gives him a decently wide berth, an origin bench role is where I see him a couple of years down the track.

Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 12:02 pm
by tig_prmz
Dwyer was starting from the bench in his early days and when he got the starting gig- people were calling for his head until he had a breakout game against the souths.

Siro is going much better than Dwyer was at the same stage.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 12:14 pm
by GNR4LIFE
tig_prmz wrote:Dwyer was starting from the bench in his early days and when he got the starting gig- people were calling for his head until he had a breakout game against the souths.

Siro is going much better than Dwyer was at the same stage.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Lol no he isn't

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 3:45 pm
by Goose
GNR4LIFE wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:Dwyer was starting from the bench in his early days and when he got the starting gig- people were calling for his head until he had a breakout game against the souths.

Siro is going much better than Dwyer was at the same stage.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Lol no he isn't
Dwyer had only just debuted by round 16 of the year he turned 21.

People on here were at times bagging him for a while after that.

I was a big fan of Dwyer butit is a justified argument that Siron is ahead of Dwyer at this point

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 3:51 pm
by GNR4LIFE
I disagree, no way Sirro has stood out more than Dwyer did. Off the top of my head i can think of a match sealing try he scored against the dogs, plus the famous hit he put on JWH. Haven't seen any such moments from Sirro.

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 3:59 pm
by Black'n'White
Dwyer did all that in his first 10 games? news to me...

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 4:02 pm
by GNR4LIFE
Black'n'White wrote:Dwyer did all that in his first 10 games? news to me...
Whats the relevance of this? Sirro has played almost 30 games, not 10. Dwyer played 35 all up.

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 4:03 pm
by GNR4LIFE
I reckon the Dogs try would have been inside 10 games anyway.

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 4:22 pm
by Black'n'White
How many games has Siro played in the pigs? 30 games would mean he played every game last season, as he has played sweet FA this year... Go back a few rounds and watch Siro vs. G. Burgess... that was last years whatever string half vs. an English international second rower...

think about it.

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 5:33 pm
by Tigermama
What is the point of comparing these two?? They are like chalk and cheese. Curtis is a five eighth ( unlike Dwyer) thats been trained to be a back rower. He needs time to learn and get used to his new position. We will see more aggression in his game the more he plays this position. He's a skilful player and has a good head on him too. He will be very good for us, just needs some time to adjust. Dwyer was a very good player and a hard hitter. Unfortunately injury struck and we never got to see the best of him.

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 5:50 pm
by jirskyr
Siro has played 29 games so far: 6 in 2012, 19 in 2013, 4 in 2014. He debuted at 20 years, 9 months, 6 days of age.

Dwyer played 35 games: 2 in 2009, 18 in 2010, 15 in 2011. He debuted at 20 years, 5 months, 7 days of age.

What I will say about Siro in comparison to Dwyer is that he has only had 1 consistent stint and that was for a team who ran second-last. Dwyer came to prominence in a team that made the semis 2 years running.

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 8:06 pm
by tig_prmz
GNR4LIFE wrote:I disagree, no way Sirro has stood out more than Dwyer did. Off the top of my head i can think of a match sealing try he scored against the dogs, plus the famous hit he put on JWH. Haven't seen any such moments from Sirro.
that's true and maybe the reason for that is potter is a more reserved coach than sheens who liked his players to be more individualistic.

what i can see in siro is his first shot is well timed and he hits hard. he had a terrible game against souths with burgess but he still did extremely well in a few tackles, however, got streamrolled in a couple.

as goose said, compared to dwyer- siro's first few starting gigs have been better.

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 8:10 pm
by tig_prmz
Tigermama wrote:What is the point of comparing these two?? They are like chalk and cheese. Curtis is a five eighth ( unlike Dwyer) thats been trained to be a back rower. He needs time to learn and get used to his new position. We will see more aggression in his game the more he plays this position. He's a skilful player and has a good head on him too. He will be very good for us, just needs some time to adjust. Dwyer was a very good player and a hard hitter. Unfortunately injury struck and we never got to see the best of him.
the reason im comparing is to just mention that even someone as highly rated by us as dwyer was criticised in his first few performances.

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Posted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 10:21 pm
by Tigermama
tig_prmz wrote:
Tigermama wrote:What is the point of comparing these two?? They are like chalk and cheese. Curtis is a five eighth ( unlike Dwyer) thats been trained to be a back rower. He needs time to learn and get used to his new position. We will see more aggression in his game the more he plays this position. He's a skilful player and has a good head on him too. He will be very good for us, just needs some time to adjust. Dwyer was a very good player and a hard hitter. Unfortunately injury struck and we never got to see the best of him.
the reason im comparing is to just mention that even someone as highly rated by us as dwyer was criticised in his first few performances.
Yes "tig-prmz" some fans are impatient with the youngsters coming through. Patients everyone , they'll come good,give them time. ;)