Siro (the sequal)

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Siro (the sequal)

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 8:15 pm

Some will remember my thread about this guy from a few weeks ago hence the title.Still not getting the love for this guy. Yes, i know all of his supporters will come out and say he's only coming back from injury, but thats beside the point. I haven't seen anything, ever from him that i find out of the ordinary. Solid first grader, i'm sure he has it in him. A future Australian rep that people have him as a lay down for? Nup, can't see it.

Peaches

Unread post by Peaches » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 8:16 pm

Plenty of potential but is yet go really display any of it over 80 minutes. He has good spurts but struggles for consistency. I think he needs to simplify his game at the moment.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

LaT

Unread post by LaT » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 9:07 pm

The entire side was ordinary.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

krayola
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by krayola » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 9:35 pm

Like any young bloke he struggles to do it consistently. Just like last season, our problem this year is that we have too many young heads being asked to step up. They're handling it better than last year and next year we should expect no different. Sirro showed a lot of potential today and will be a handful in years to come

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Milky » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 9:40 pm

He is still adjusting to his position mate, he hasn't even played 5 games in the second row, ever.

Boonboon2
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 9:43 pm

Made as many or more meters as any backrowers for Tigers and Penrith. He made 16 tackles and only missed one (less then any other backrower on either side). 3 offloads and looked dangerous every time he ran the ball in only his 6th NRL game in the back row and 3rd game back from injury. If you can't see the potential then you should get your eyes tested.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 9:54 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:Made as many or more meters as any backrowers for Tigers and Penrith. He made 16 tackles and only missed one (less then any other backrower on either side). 3 offloads and looked dangerous every time he ran the ball in only his 6th NRL game in the back row and 3rd game back from injury. If you can't see the potential then you should get your eyes tested.
I keep reading things like this directed at people that don't rate him. I'm thinking that its the people fawning over him that need their eyes tested. I think the prognosis from the optometrist would be people are blinded by the surname.

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 10:01 pm

I disagree completely. He has shown potential. Everytime he touched the ball today, he looked to have made half a break. He was popping offloads at will. His defensive positioning may be a little suspect but his front on defense is amazing. Hits as hard as anyone.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

littletiger

Unread post by littletiger » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 10:02 pm

Guys. Siro is a young man developing, coming back from injury, in a a new position. Give the young man a chance to develop his game. The club has taken a punt on him so give the man a season or two before you judge him.

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 10:08 pm

There have been plenty of kids running around with famous surnames who didn't end up playing first grade.
I think some of the criticism aimed at him might even be because of the Balmain connection - not always appreciated by some on here.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 10:15 pm

cktiger wrote:There have been plenty of kids running around with famous surnames who didn't end up playing first grade.
I think some of the criticism aimed at him might even be because of the Balmain connection - not always appreciated by some on here.
Woods and Farah are the backbone of this side and what side of the fence do they come from? take your tin foil hat off.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 10:17 pm

He annoyed me in parts today, trying to get the ball away early in the tackle count and losing possession a couple of times, although that may be through trying too hard rather than lazy play. This year has been interrupted by injury and he's still fairly green though. Thin on quality second rowers at the minute so we'll most likely see him line up again there next week.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Black Orange White

Unread post by Black Orange White » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 10:26 pm

He reminds me of Tony Williams. Seems to go missing very often, but he's got all the tools to succeed. Size, passing, kicking, a good coach can put him in good spots to help the team. Just needs to put it all together. With Anasta, Lawrence, Lulia and Luani in our team Sironen isn't really a top concern for me.

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 11:54 pm

I saw plenty of potential. The only problem I saw today was that he was trying too hard. He was forcing passes trying to make things happen. If you remember back in early 2005 a lot of the kids were doing the same.

I'm certain he will do well. He has the all the right attributes for success and seeing his attitude to this club and his work ethic off the field, the only improve in the near future.

Give him a little time GNR4LIFE. He's still very very young but the signs are definately there.

jirskyr
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 12:04 am

I wrote this in another thread, but Siro is only 20 and has played 28 FG matches. Can someone show me where the elite-class equivalent is at any other team, a backrower who is fresh out of 20s and dominating every week.

It's almost like people have seen Woods deliver at 23 y.o. and forget that most forwards do not reach their peak until well into their mid-late 20s. Take a look at the Origins sides and show me the other kids in the pack. Boyd Cordner is the only exception I can think of, at 22.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 12:06 am

jirskyr wrote:I wrote this in another thread, but Siro is only 20 and has played 28 FG matches. Can someone show me where the elite-class equivalent is at any other team, a backrower who is fresh out of 20s and dominating every week.

It's almost like people have seen Woods deliver at 23 y.o. and forget that most forwards do not reach their peak until well into their mid-late 20s. Take a look at the Origins sides and show me the other kids in the pack. Boyd Cordner is the only exception I can think of, at 22.
Granted, but whats he done to warrant being built as a future Australian player?

Irvine

Unread post by Irvine » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 12:09 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Some will remember my thread about this guy from a few weeks ago hence the title.Still not getting the love for this guy. Yes, i know all of his supporters will come out and say he's only coming back from injury, but thats beside the point. I haven't seen anything, ever from him that i find out of the ordinary. Solid first grader, i'm sure he has it in him. A future Australian rep that people have him as a lay down for? Nup, can't see it.
Yeah and I agreed with you. Played against him and never saw anything special yet he gets a walk up start every week. Brooks and Moses Yes absolutely brilliant players and stars of the future.
Wait a sec is that Goose telling us how he belted all the little kids at school and will one day do the same at NRL.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 12:18 am

Moses i haven't seen so i can't comment, but Brooks definitely. Look at that, another Balmain junior who looks the goods. That Balmain connection aye CK. If you don't rate a player, it must be for that reason.

Return to “Round 17: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”