It's A Simple Equation

User avatar
Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 7937
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

It's A Simple Equation

Unread post by Flippedy » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 8:52 pm

Geoff Toovey makes a lot (I mean A LOT) of noise about the officials - Manly are the least penalised team in the comp and a high percentage of the 50/50 calls go their way in most matches.

Mick Potter never says a thing about the officials (zero, zilch, nothing) - Wests Tigers are the most penalised team in the comp and rarely, if ever, get any of the 50/50 calls go their way.

Coincidence? I don't think so.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen


User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25346
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 8:54 pm

We cant afford $10k rants

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 4895
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 8:56 pm

I dunno we deserve most of the penalties I see. We get done in the ruck and we try to make up for it by lying on the player and ugly wrestling.

Furious1
Member
Member
Posts: 853
Joined: Thu 09 Jun, 2011 6:42 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 8:57 pm

Next year charge all the members an extra $2. Nearly 10000 members. That equals 2 rants. As a member, I'm happy for it.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

User avatar
Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 7937
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Unread post by Flippedy » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 9:06 pm

innsaneink wrote:We cant afford $10k rants
We can't afford to be crucified in the penalty count every bloody week either because it means the season is GONE!

I'm not really talking about Potter making a big rant after every game, but just some sort of comment from him would be nice - at the very least call a meeting with the refs boss during the week to make an official complaint and get some clarification on rule interpretation. Always worked in the team's favour when Sheens did this - it's one thing he did very well. Saying absolutely nothing just means the refs can get away with dudding us every week because there are no consequences for them - and that is exactly what is happening.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen


tottie
Member
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue 05 Mar, 2013 7:52 pm

Unread post by tottie » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 9:08 pm

Flippedy wrote:
innsaneink wrote:We cant afford $10k rants
We can't afford to be crucified in the penalty count every bloody week either because it means the season is GONE!

I'm not really talking about Potter making a big rant after every game, but just some sort of comment from him would be nice - at the very least call a meeting with the refs boss during the week to make an official complaint and get some clarification on rule interpretation. Always worked in the team's favour when Sheens did this - it's one thing he did very well. Saying absolutely nothing just means the refs can get away with dudding us every week because there are no consequences for them - and that is exactly what is happening.
If potter doesnt unleash he can piss off, he is talking for the players, sponsors and all of us!!! The club will get the money together like we got the $20k for the concussion fine

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 7006
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 97 times

Unread post by hobbo » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 9:09 pm

innsaneink wrote:We cant afford $10k rants
I'll pay it no problems !!!!!

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

tottie
Member
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue 05 Mar, 2013 7:52 pm

Unread post by tottie » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 9:12 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:We cant afford $10k rants
I'll pay it no problems !!!!!

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Im in

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

User avatar
NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2641
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:51 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by NJLM78 » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 9:46 pm

Furious1 wrote:Next year charge all the members an extra $2. Nearly 10000 members. That equals 2 rants. As a member, I'm happy for it.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Great idea. Problem is after round 2 we will be back with same problem. No money for rants.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 18: Wests Tigers vs Manly Sea Eagles”