forwards were soft

bp tiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

forwards were soft

Unread post by bp tiger » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 10:02 pm

the forwards were very soft to night they let the manly pack get right over them, even when they bashed our little blokes they just stood there, unlike 7 weeks ago we stood up against souths and manly we lay down tonight.
our forwards had nothing in defence and nothing in attack, we where a complete mess, that's our season done and dusted, time to start looking for coach who can instill some mongrel to our defence and some structure to our attack.

tottie

Unread post by tottie » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 10:04 pm

bp tiger wrote:the forwards were very soft to night they let the manly pack get right over them, even when they bashed our little blokes they just stood there, unlike 7 weeks ago we stood up against souths and manly we lay down tonight.
our forwards had nothing in defence and nothing in attack, we where a complete mess, that's our season done and dusted, time to start looking for coach who can instill some mongrel to our defence and some structure to our attack.
Great post!!

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Defiant » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 10:08 pm

I thought the pack held its own except in the error department.

That combined with no back line saw Manly take full advantage. Hell even Nofo is one leg.

The pack is not the problem imo.

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 10:08 pm

WHAATTT??

i didnt watch much of the first half but our forwards were killing them in the 2nd half
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 10:08 pm

Pitiful refereeing was a a major cause of our problems they didn't drop the ball and give away stupid penalties like our forwards .
Much as I like our Tapou and Gavet their ball control (and self control) was nowhere to be seen tonight.
Our forwards weren't soft - just played poorly.

Snake
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Snake » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 10:09 pm

What type of motor has Galloway got ..I should elaborate has Galloway got a motor the biggest plodder in the NRL , I am putting the forward mindset straight back on the coaching staff .

iofthetigers

Unread post by iofthetigers » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 12:05 am

Galloway is the most underrated player at the tigers. You could count the number of times he is put on his back in a game on one hand. I was disappointed not to see lodge play tonight as he would have been more value than gavet.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 9:50 am

The pack were great apart from the number of mistakes.

bp tiger
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by bp tiger » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 9:59 am

stevetiger wrote:The pack were great apart from the number of mistakes.
ur kidding they were great when we played manly then souths, they stood up , but last night they let manly bash moses and farah and not once came in to help , what game were u watching. if we had had the same fire as the 1st time the game may have gone our way. potter is getting nothing out of the forwards at present and the backs are woeful and that's been kind.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 10:35 am

bp tiger wrote:they let manly bash moses and farah and not once came in to help
Your entitled to your opinion but what are they going to do ? Moses and Farah are playing first grade rugby league. They are going to get belted at times.

I thought our forwards really belted it up and good us going forward. The problem to me was they also made a tonne of mistakes and were poorly disciplined.

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 11:43 am

stevetiger wrote:
bp tiger wrote:they let manly bash moses and farah and not once came in to help
Your entitled to your opinion but what are they going to do ? Moses and Farah are playing first grade rugby league. They are going to get belted at times.

I thought our forwards really belted it up and good us going forward. The problem to me was they also made a tonne of mistakes and were poorly disciplined.

Exactly!!

barra

Unread post by barra » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 11:49 am

bp tiger wrote:the forwards were very soft to night they let the manly pack get right over them, even when they bashed our little blokes they just stood there, unlike 7 weeks ago we stood up against souths and manly we lay down tonight.
So let me get this straight.

When our forwards aim up in D a lot on here want to attribute it to Kidwell. But when they play poorly it is Potter's fault? Okaaaay....

IMO I thought they played poorly at times, not softly.

We were outplayed by a much better quality and more experienced team. Not sure what a lot were expecting?

yeti
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by yeti » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 11:49 am

Yeah, I really liked the energy in the team last night. I thought they were 'up' for it, but ill discipline and some shoddy ref decisions really stopped any momentum. Hayne is a disgrace as a referee! Arrogant and at times unashamedly biased.
I thought even the backs looked quite good at times. Nowhere near as clinical or classy as their opponents, but better than weeks past.
A couple of the Manly tries were just unbelievable and I don't think any team would have been within a bulls roar of them last night. Take away the 12 points scored in the last 3 minutes, as well as the 12 point turnaround in the first 3 minutes, and you have a clearer and truer indication of how the Tigers went - beaten but far from disgraced. (Added to that, an understandably below par performance from Farah and Woods further skewed the result).

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by mike » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 2:25 pm

Big Red goes alright. He does his job week in week out, unless injured. Can't ask any more of the guy. He is always one of the first I would pick next to Robbie.

Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Gray

Unread post by Gray » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 2:44 pm

Their defense in the middle was soft and were often vulnerable on their outside. But on attack I thought they were pretty solid. Taupau was a beast, Keithy was solid, Ava and Sue had some good runs. For most of the game their defence was very soft, but I think it's unfair to label their attack as soft aswell.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 3:11 pm

Our pack is by no means soft. There were loads of times last night where we limited their yardage to less than 35m a set. Our props ran with aggression & hit hard in defence.

Our issue was the handling errors, that poor excuse of a ref & a lack of pace out wide.

tig_prmz
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 5:52 pm

they may have been lazy, dumb or tired but by no means were we soft. i expect kidwell to personally pay someone a visit if they call our forwards soft now
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

hobbo
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 6:04 pm

Our forward pack isn't soft ... Too many dropped balls , soft penalties , incomplete sets , blah , blah

Brooks & Austin need to play on different sides of the field , were also playing to flat . Imagine if we didn't have any injuries for one season ! Just one !

EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Return to “Round 18: Wests Tigers vs Manly Sea Eagles”