On one very bright note

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 205 times

On one very bright note

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 12:08 am

How good is Taupau when he goes into beast mode. The hardest runner the club has had since Tuiaki. So glad that we signed him long term, and it wasn't one of those yearly incentive type deals. Definitely a shining light in a season that is slowly disintegrating.

tigermaniac

Unread post by tigermaniac » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 12:10 am

When Gavet comes on especially, Taupau becomes unstoppable. I love these two.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Unread post by Stripes96 » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 12:12 am

Yeah, I agree one hundred percent. Great buy.

I'm also very happy with us re-signing Nofoaluma earlier in the year. The kid has massive strength for his age and size and seems to score whenever he gets the ball anywhere near the line.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 205 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 12:12 am

I thought Gavet was disappointing tonight. Too many penalties and stupid mistakes. First game back in the top grade though, so I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt thinking he might have been struggling getting used to the speed of the game.

thesquid

Unread post by thesquid » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 12:14 am

He gives a level of excitement and hope.

tigermaniac

Unread post by tigermaniac » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 12:22 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I thought Gavet was disappointing tonight. Too many penalties and stupid mistakes. First game back in the top grade though, so I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt thinking he might have been struggling getting used to the speed of the game.
I thought he went ok. One change I'd make to our bench next week would be replacing Sue with Akauola. This guy would be awesome along side these two if he knew he was a regular.

Boonboon2
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 6:56 am

tigermaniac wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:I thought Gavet was disappointing tonight. Too many penalties and stupid mistakes. First game back in the top grade though, so I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt thinking he might have been struggling getting used to the speed of the game.
I thought he went ok. One change I'd make to our bench next week would be replacing Sue with Akauola. This guy would be awesome along side these two if he knew he was a regular.

Taupau is awesome, Sue is one of the best and was great last night you wouldn't replace him- he hits the line hard, works hard and is agressive all this first game back from injury. Gavet was a bit dissapointing but he adds something unique. Our forwards wern't dominated strange as that sounds when we lost by 30. We made too many errors and had an 18 point turn around driven by poor reffing which hurt us in the last 10 but our forwards more then held their own again last night just the class of Manlys spine won out

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 7:19 am

Taupau was great. Gave it his all and that's all you can ask from the players. His hard to stop at speed.Wish we had another 5 like him.

Gary Bakerloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 8:39 am

Boonboon2 wrote:Our forwards wern't dominated strange as that sounds when we lost by 30. We made too many errors and had an 18 point turn around driven by poor reffing which hurt us in the last 10 but our forwards more then held their own again last night just the class of Manlys spine won out
This was my assessment too. For a 20 minute period in the second half, Manly's forwards were non existent. We were making 60m every set with just one pass of ruck to Manly's 40m. Players like Su, Taupau, Gavet really bend the defensive line - I also thought Sironen had his best game since coming back from injury, he really got stuck in with the ball.

Comes to my conclusion that I don't understand why we go wide so often. With that pack last night, we can just steam through teams with low risk football.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 8:52 am

Taupau and gavet are still both developing too....Gavet seems quite loose, while at this stage taupau the more disciplined, both have a long way to go re handling, positioning, defense etc but yeh look like two good strike impact bench players

iofthetigers

Unread post by iofthetigers » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 9:29 am

Still has to many mistakes in his game when he can nullify them he will a world class player, he still has plenty of upside. As for Gavet I hope he was just underdone as he was very ordinary.

andrew 474
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by andrew 474 » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 9:35 am

One of the best players on the field , great buy
Gavett needs a few more runs but they go to a higher level when both are on the field

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 9:50 am

If they improve ball security they will be Nearly complete footballers..
Offload will be the only missing option .

Cant complain on their go forward but hey its a real shame when you Un-Do the good work by dropping the ball or giving away penalties

Return to “Round 18: Wests Tigers vs Manly Sea Eagles”