Will anyone boo Marshall?

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 88 times

Re: Will anyone boo Marshall?

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 4:33 pm

sunshine coast tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:I won't be booing him. I was cheering that he decided to leave and haven't stopped since.
On his day he was a brilliant player for us, the problem was we paid him like he was consistently amongst the games elite eg.. 8-9 very good games out of every 10, however we were luck if we got 2 very good games out of every 10 his last 2 years with us.

We have much better young halves coming though the system now (there is one guy in the 20's halves that is well above average as well) that I am glad we let Benji and his massive over payment contract go. So I wont be booing him, I will be cheering him when he puts up a bomb that goes backwards, throws a pass to the touchie and misses his 10th tackle in the game :)
Exactly. I won't gloss over his years with us, and when he was good, he was very good. He gave his best years to us but I can't ignore his petulance at being expected to perform for a contract rather than just be gifted it and dragging the stink out through the media.

I hope we run at him all day.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 254 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 4:56 pm

Did I Boo Prince when he played against us ....my oath

Benji is no different ...booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 5:05 pm

I find it depends on the circumstances of the match. If he plays well in a losing side, he might get a golf clap or two.

I have never booed Gibbo, but there was a game last year where Beau was gloating over one of our injured players and he copped and earful.

The crowd will erupt in applause if he does one of his patented passes over the sideline or kicks out on the full.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 5:30 pm

He will be wearing others colours when entering the field, as such I will boo him, just the same as his teammates.

Being a club legend will count for diddly squat when he is playing for the opposition, even if he did do us a favour by leaving.

On second thoughts, it may well make a difference, as Masterton alluded, a loud Bronx cheer is to be expected if he pulls one of those clangers from his repertoire.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 5:36 pm

He plays for the Saints

He deserves everything he gets

tigermaniac

Unread post by tigermaniac » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 5:45 pm

On game day I hate anyone wearing different colours to ours, and believe me, that's family and friends. Will I boo Marshall, no I won't, I'll treat him the same as the rest of the scum bags, when I see fit I'll let him know exactly what I think. He means nothing to me tommorow. But should he be responsible for taking the game from our keeping, it's his response after the game that he gives to the media that determines how I'll feel towards the bloke from that day on.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 5:53 pm

You betcha

Kul
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Kul » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 6:29 pm

Boo the Dragons? Yes, of course!
Boo Benji? no, never

He is this clubs greatest player and was a major factor is keeping the JV (and therefore Wests and Balmain) alive. I will never boo a person who does that and I feel sorry for the short-sighted people who do.

jirskyr
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 95 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 6:30 pm

I boo every opposition when they run out, I boo refs for tragically bad decisions, I boo kickers taking conversions.

It's not immature, it's a well-developed part of our culture to decry the "bad guys"; it's the exact opposite of clapping.

With general play however there is little time for booing - either they are scoring, in which case we are quiet, or they are making mistakes, in which case we are jeering. I am hoping I get to jeer Benji a'plenty tomorrow.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 6:31 pm

Kul wrote:Boo the Dragons? Yes, of course!
Boo Benji? no, never

He is this clubs greatest player and was a major factor is keeping the JV (and therefore Wests and Balmain) alive. I will never boo a person who does that and I feel sorry for the short-sighted people who do.
x2 mate. We dont win in 2005 with Benji. Plain and simple. Have been supporting the game for 30 years and gave me the one and only ultimate triumph. Will never receive my hate.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 6:31 pm

Boo Benji? no, never

x2 mate. We dont win in 2005 with Benji. Plain and simple. Have been supporting the game for 30 years and gave me the one and only ultimate triumph. Will never receive my hate.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 6:35 pm

Boo Benji? no, never

Sounds like you might stand out in the crowd when the Dragons run out Kul :lol:

One minute you will be booing and the next genuflecting :master:

weststigers
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by weststigers » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 6:48 pm

Sabre wrote:
weststigers wrote:
Snake wrote:
Sabre wrote:I'll boo him.
Not because of what happened with him leaving us but because I always boo the opposition.
I will be boo him ...the reason is posted above, Benji is a club legend but when you play against our team you get it in spades ...but I like Benji and what he gave to our club..
Makes no sense and is immature.

Good way for Tigers fans to look like tools.
Care to explain how booing the opposition will make us look like "tools"?
Sure....because most wanted Benji to leave the club and they were happy when he did....then those same people boo him when he's playing for another team. It's contradictory.

In this instance, I understand booing Saints, I don't understand booing the player.

Anyway, a slight difference of opinion. I just hope he doesn't make you look foolish if he wins them the game.

brk53y

Unread post by brk53y » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 7:43 pm

He plays for the opposition, I'll be booing him. Plus anyone in a st. Yawn jersey is my enemy lol.

Club Sandwich
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 8:00 pm

You have to boo an ex-player when they return to play your team. Its your right as a fan.

Benji might not get it everytime he plays us from now on but the first time he will be booed and taunted until my throat is sore.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Return to “Round 20: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”