This feeling sucks.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 65 times

This feeling sucks.

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 12:10 pm

About to get ready and head off to ANZ. The big problem is that I am not feeling in the mood to go today.

In a few hours we go up against a team whom we are seeking revenge for a first round loss, that is also fighting for a spot in the eight, and now contains an enigmatic life member of our club. On top of a good outing last week, we should all be excited and looking forward to this afternoon. Sadly though, I am not, and a lot of fellow supporters are probably feeling something similar.

The game is being played in the shadows of yet another disruptive week, most likely caused by either a senior player, assistant, board, or a combinatof the above.

I support the club, but it is comprised of individuals, and today I will be supporting the individual over the club. I am not sure exactly what this support will consist of as yet, however, I will be directing it towards our coach at the game. :?:

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 187 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 12:23 pm

Agree totally former

I support the club, always have...but there seem to be many in the club I dont support, I dont know who they are, or whats their motives....if all this is true then I blieve the treatment of Potter is disgraceful - I dont want to support a club that treats individuals like this

Its a dark cloud over what should be a pumping day

NT Tiger
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 12:35 pm

The situation is bizarre. My hope is for a best case scenario of a fabricated media beat up (sourced from completely outside our club) aimed at destabilising our run to the finals. Pretty much anything else tells me something is very rotten in the club.

Like you, I am flat. I hope that the players have been successfully quarantined from the circus, or been thoroughly and honestly briefed about it, or they'll come out flat too.

As I said in another post, it will be a test of the players resolve and support for Potter.
"Quality Stupidity"

Furious1
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 12:36 pm

If true the treatment is disgraceful. At the end of the day the players job is to win the game. If the players don't back Potter, then really it shouldn't distract them too much unless the playing group are divided.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

heat57

Unread post by heat57 » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 12:40 pm

Sack the board not the coach.
Look at the injuries and the young inexperienced players blooded over the past 18 months.
Let sanity prevail and give Potter a fair go.

happy tiger
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 12:42 pm

Imagine how the players feel if we feel like this ??

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 187 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 12:47 pm

heat57 wrote:Sack the board not the coach.
Look at the injuries and the young inexperienced players blooded over the past 18 months.
Let sanity prevail and give Potter a fair go.
Boards made up of committe members from Magpies & Balmain, only members of Wests magpies RLFC & Balmain RLFC have a vote, most of these that are still members of pretty much defunct organisations (theres a handful) dont really care anything much for WTs.....most not all...so in reality we members (season ticket holders) , the ones that care and support have no say at all.

Once the NRL delegates get onto the board then there is even less of a connection (when theres really bugger all to start with ) from the fanbase to the board

strrretch

Unread post by strrretch » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 12:48 pm

You would have thought some lessons would have been learned from the Sheens fiasco.
Can only assume some people who were involves in that sh1tfest still have too much say at the club.
It is embarrassing that this crap is still going on.
Are there really good reasons for this crap ? I cannot see them.
Dissappointing.

Gray

Unread post by Gray » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 12:56 pm

I really hope we get an explanation after all of this, as we certainly deserve one.

From an outsiders perspective, things look pretty bad. We have a coach who certainly seems to dedicate himself to our club as a club, and has proved this trait in the past by coaching for free. And overall, is succeeding. We are having a pretty positive year overall, ravaged by injuries once again, but still sit in an honourable position under the circumstances. To me, and it seems most of us on here, seems pretty successful under some pretty successful coaching.

Yet, his head is supposedly on the chopping block? which is completely unwarranted.

We're hearing there's disconnections between the coach and our captain/playing group, we're hearing that Potter can't communicate with the players. But as the outsiders who support this club, we still don't know anything.

We ride the rollercoaster along with the club, we're passionate for our Tigers and with that comes the emotion for it all. We're going into this exciting game which we're favourites all feeling pretty flat because of the political drama that we've been hearing about, so we better bloody get a god damn good explaination at the end of the ride.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 340 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 1:47 pm

Can the Footy just start please...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 1:50 pm

Agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread. A sad and sorry display by the club if true. Cant say I agree with all Potter has done this year, particularly in relation to selections, but he is getting results so deserves everyone's support.

bp tiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by bp tiger » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 2:01 pm

I guess sitting at press conferences like a stuffed dummy is the way he has come across to the playing group and if you cant convince the group that your the boss then the writing has been on the wall. would have like to see how the season would have panned out before making a call on him.

NT Tiger
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 3:32 pm

Yeh well that's just the point, the season is still actively panning. Hopefully it pans in our direction this afternoon. Go Tigers, stay Potter!
"Quality Stupidity"

Return to “Round 20: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”