Live game thread: Tigers V Dragons (spoilers)

gallagher

Re: Live game thread: Tigers V Dragons (spoilers)

Post by gallagher » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:02 pm

westTAHger wrote:
gallagher wrote:I'd like Potter to say what he thinks in the presser but I reckon he has too much class.
so would I.
don't hold back Mick, publicly :pray: name the trouble makers.
I'd refer any questions put to him about his future to Farah.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:03 pm

the third wrote:I put this loss down to management. They have a lot to answer for, and have so for many years. These fools have to go, and have to go now. Hope potter speaks about who he thinks the leak is if he's sacked and that all he'll breaks loose. Absolutely fuming on the story's being played out in the media recently. It's an absolute disgrace that some people do everything they can to ruin us

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
So do you put the win last week down to management?

Pinhead.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:05 pm

Cant believe im saying this, but we threw that game.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:05 pm

Was at the game, pulled stumps early, I could tell from the warm up this was going to be a bleak day. Their was no energy, they looked flat as a tac. After 15 minutes I thought we might snap out of it, than the Dragons decided to target the plodders and it was all over red rover. First half was close to the most inept display I have ever seen.

Poor old Mick will probably fall on the sword after this effort, shame because its the players who should be in the firing line. Look at Manly they have crap going on all over the place, but on the football field they turn up week after week

the third

Post by the third » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:06 pm

magpiecol wrote:
the third wrote:I put this loss down to management. They have a lot to answer for, and have so for many years. These fools have to go, and have to go now. Hope potter speaks about who he thinks the leak is if he's sacked and that all he'll breaks loose. Absolutely fuming on the story's being played out in the media recently. It's an absolute disgrace that some people do everything they can to ruin us

So do you put the win last week down to management?

Pinhead.
I quite like being a pinhead, at least there is an opinion being put out by someone. They players are young, distracted by the media and that is purely die to some dumbass board member running personal agendas again.

And no last week was dumb luck with the stars aligning. Nothing more.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:06 pm

-100 points to our disfunctional board :brick:
Whoever contributed to this crisis shall be tarred and feathered.

Go Tigers :sign:

huntertiger

Post by huntertiger » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:07 pm

Well that was woeful. If Brian Smith is named coach i will walk away from league but will always remember the days when the players had allegiance and passion to a club..

I am sick of the game being played out through the press. I am not privy to any information re Potter but as others have said coaches don't drop balls, miss tackles, give away penalties or make pathetic 5th tackle options.

I hope the truth comes out because as supporters of the club we have a right to know.

Very despondent old Tigers Supporter :(

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:11 pm

the third wrote: And no last week was dumb luck with the stars aligning. Nothing more.

that is one of the dumbest comments I've seen in some time and given this week, that's saying something

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:13 pm

gallagher wrote:
westTAHger wrote:
gallagher wrote:I'd like Potter to say what he thinks in the presser but I reckon he has too much class.
so would I.
don't hold back Mick, publicly :pray: name the trouble makers.
I'd refer any questions put to him about his future to Farah.
put him on the spot, and see what happens.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:15 pm

king sirro wrote:Cant believe im saying this, but we threw that game.
They bottled it. Farah couldn't land a pass on Austin's chest to save himself. If he's behind this he can [automatically edited] off too.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tw33k

Post by tw33k » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:21 pm

Farah is definitely a big part of it. He has been out to prove Potter wrong ever since Mick said: No one player is bigger than the club"

I don't know what goes on at training or in the sheds but I do know that my football team is in a complete mess and it looks like they threw the game today to punt the coach. (I never watched it out of protest)

I support the team not the captain and not the coach. I just wish this mess would get sorted out properly and not made a media circus.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:24 pm

I find the fuss being made about this a bit odd. Look at what happened at Canberra with Furner in charge. They gave him season after season because he had average to good seasons and they let a dynasty slip through their fingers. Getting the coach right with this side is a VERY BIG DEAL. We have a lot of very young players, Gen Y kids, who need to like their boss to get motivated. It's part of their makeup. They feel entitled and if they don't like who they work for they don't work well. It's hard luck for Mick Potter but if the players don't play for him, and the fact that they seem to only play well when Farah is around makes it seem like he's more of a leader at the club than the coach, then what's the point of having him around.

The performance this year being 9/9 after round 20, I don't think is due much to Potter. It's due more to the raw talent the side has. When they get momentum they destroy sides. If they had a coach who had some nous about him they'd be doing even better imo. When we show we have the skill to beat Manly, Souths and Bulldogs by big margins and turn around and lose to the Titans and Dragons I put it down to an inability to keep the side consistent and supply them with varied gameplans. Much the same way Bellamy gets the credit for the Storm's consistency.

I like Mick Potter's attitude and he might be a good coach, but I have been left disappointed in what has been dished up many times this year. I'm not that fussed about him leaving. I'm more concerned that if this problem was identified last year, that it took so long and was timed so disruptively.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:25 pm

tw33k wrote:Farah is definitely a big part of it. He has been out to prove Potter wrong ever since Mick said: No one player is bigger than the club"

I don't know what goes on at training or in the sheds but I do know that my football team is in a complete mess and it looks like they threw the game today to punt the coach. (I never watched it out of protest)

I support the team not the captain and not the coach. I just wish this mess would get sorted out properly and not made a media circus.
I doubt they did that. The Tigers have put these performances forward many times this year, especially in games they were expected to win. They are mostly young kids, incredibly talented young kids that when focused are already elite. It's hard to keep young kids focused and Potter clearly cannot do it.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:26 pm

ulluru22 wrote:Well I guess that's the final nail in Potter's coffin thanks to the players and the board!!
Good bye Potter!!
The whole Wests Tigers board and players u should hang you heads in shame!!
FU!!

You people keep blaming the players and the board. There are other people employed by the club who want Potter out.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:28 pm

Is that another swipe at Grant Mayer? Lol.

tw33k

Post by tw33k » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:30 pm

MacDougall wrote:I doubt they did that. The Tigers have put these performances forward many times this year, especially in games they were expected to win. They are mostly young kids, incredibly talented young kids that when focused are already elite. It's hard to keep young kids focused and Potter clearly cannot do it.
I don't know. I think it's more than just the youngsters needing to learn consistency. Too often we've blitzed a good team one week and got belted by a s**t team the next. Makes a person wonder.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:38 pm

MacDougall wrote:Is that another swipe at Grant Mayer? Lol.
Press conference:
50 - 50. Potter or Mayer.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 5:44 pm

tw33k wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I doubt they did that. The Tigers have put these performances forward many times this year, especially in games they were expected to win. They are mostly young kids, incredibly talented young kids that when focused are already elite. It's hard to keep young kids focused and Potter clearly cannot do it.
I don't know. I think it's more than just the youngsters needing to learn consistency. Too often we've blitzed a good team one week and got belted by a s**t team the next. Makes a person wonder.
Consistency = focus. Potter can't teach it to them clearly.