Sironen

king sirro
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Sironen

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:14 pm

He has many critics on here but i am a supporter and believe he can be a star.

However i will say that he was dirt today and is being handled wrongly.

He is being asked to go from a junior career at 6 to starting backrower at NRL level. Thats not a fair ask.

He needs a few weeks in state cup, followed by a return to the NRL off the bench. No starting position until its earned.

You critics need to look at the big picture. Have you ever seen a kid thrown into first grade from a junior half to starting forward???? Its unheard of.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tigger8

Unread post by Tigger8 » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:17 pm

^^ x2
Anasta for PM.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 152 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:18 pm

Not the superstar so many like to believe he is.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:22 pm

I think he is really good and I fail to see what he did poorly out there today.

jimmyz

Unread post by jimmyz » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:22 pm

It's easy to stand out when your as big as he is playing against kids but against the big boys he has shown sweet FA his got nothing but a surname.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

jimmyz

Unread post by jimmyz » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:22 pm

It's easy to stand out when your as big as he is playing against kids but against the big boys he has shown sweet FA his got nothing but a surname.

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:23 pm

Sironen starting backrower is another reason Potter getting the sack is a good thing.

tigerbalm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by tigerbalm » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:23 pm

So the excuses begin.

Sure, let's give him a few more seasons to work it out.

Side note: is catching a ball a thing that is only expected in FG? I'm just a arm chair critic but in reserve grade, are players expected to catch a ball?

Either way, let's persist with him. Football is proven to be passed though DNA, it's a scientific fact.

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:24 pm

stevetiger wrote:I think he is really good and I fail to see what he did poorly out there today.
He was crap, but Halatau was worse.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:25 pm

But hes always been first one picked....nothings ever a problem when your name is sironen...his old man holds a LOT of sway

tigerbalm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by tigerbalm » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:26 pm

MacDougall wrote:
stevetiger wrote:I think he is really good and I fail to see what he did poorly out there today.
halatau hit plenty if holes at speed, he looked dangerous. Not sure what you were watching.

If I called him dean brasher would that be better?

Fade To Black
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:28 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Not the superstar so many like to believe he is.
Snore. The blokes that have played 6 or 7 years of 1st grade should be held accountable more than a 20 year old with an injury-ravaged start to his career being played out of position. Not his fault that he has great expectations of him from certain fans, it comes with the territory of being the son of an absolute legend of the game.

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:29 pm

MacDougall wrote:
are you srs? haltau was one of our best today. some of the hits he put on there were absolutely fantastic.

siro was rubbish today and this is because he's being made to play 80. if we wanna roll with the bench of 3 props and a backrower, both starting backrowers will have to play 80. siro is not yet good enough for the 80. potential is def there imo
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 152 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:32 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Snore. The blokes that have played 6 or 7 years of 1st grade should be held accountable more than a 20 year old with an injury-ravaged start to his career being played out of position. Not his fault that he has great expectations of him from certain fans, it comes with the territory of being the son of an absolute legend of the game.
What? I'm not criticizing him just stating a fact. The guy isn't a superstar, just a solid first grader. And its posts like yours that prove my point that the kid is a protected species in some sections of the supporter base.

Lukic
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Lukic » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:33 pm

Sironen had some good performances in the second row at the back end of last year. He's got the size and strength to be a force on the edges and has shown flashes. He's struggled this year due to both the injury plagued start, shifting from Lawrence/Simona outside him with two distinctly different playing styles and Brooks being too green inside him.

Brooks has been great for his age no doubt, but a lot of his best work hasn't been structured but rather off the cuff brilliance. A good hole hitting second rower needs an experienced and precise half inside him to take advantage of their talents and a lot of work in training to succeed. It's tough to expect so much out of him so early, especially given the injury limiting his time working together with Brooks.

Give Sironen another year to fill out his frame and work together with Simona and Brooks and he'll be fine. He's shown as much as any second rower his age in the league thus far and if he can stay injury free will be fine.

Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:38 pm

MacDougall wrote:
I thought Halatau and Sirro were ok,Potters brain dead selection of Thompson and Lulia as our right side defence was worthy of the axe,and he may get his just rewards.
Go hard or go home

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:41 pm

tigerbalm wrote:halatau hit plenty if holes at speed, he looked dangerous. Not sure what you were watching.
Yep Halatau went well but so did Siro.
851 wrote:Potters brain dead selection of Thompson and Lulia as our right side defence was worthy of the axe
This was where we really lost the game but it wasn't just that. Brooks, Moses and Austin all failed to fire and our forwards didn't get on top.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:43 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
What? I'm not criticizing him just stating a fact. The guy isn't a superstar, just a solid first grader. And its posts like yours that prove my point that the kid is a protected species in some sections of the supporter base.

Return to “Round 20: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”