Sironen

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Sironen

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 7:00 pm

tigerbalm wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
stevetiger wrote:I think he is really good and I fail to see what he did poorly out there today.
He was crap, but Halatau was worse.
halatau hit plenty if holes at speed, he looked dangerous. Not sure what you were watching.

If I called him dean brasher would that be better?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
I don't care about your Balmain/Wests crap. I've supported Wests Tigers a lot longer than I ever supported Balmain. I couldn't care less about Balmain. Halatau made a couple of nice runs but he only made 5 all game and missed as many tackles as Sironen.

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 7:01 pm

Some bizarre observations of the game. I am no Halatau fan, in fact quite the opposite but he was good today. On the other hand, I think Sirro has plenty of ability but was rubbish today; I thought lazy defence on at least two occasions contributed to Dragons tries. And I have seen this from him before. No need for him to be written off though, as one post earlier noted, he has really been thrown in the deep end for a young player with no history in the backrow.

Bodene and Lulia were comical, but realistically what options were there?

MacDougall

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 7:14 pm

Rowe and Akauola have played first grade this year... One is a fullback/winger and the other is a centre/backrower.

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 7:17 pm

MacDougall wrote:Rowe and Akauola have played first grade this year... One is a fullback/winger and the other is a centre/backrower.
dont think lulia would've been dropped after scoring 4 tries. dont think aka would've done any better job than thompson. plus, i doubt he would've been able to play the full 80.

depth in the outside backs has been identified and im sure it will be adressed sooner or later.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

MacDougall

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 7:24 pm

Not saying they were the right options, just saying they were there...

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 9:30 pm

MacDougall wrote:Rowe and Akauola have played first grade this year... One is a fullback/winger and the other is a centre/backrower.
They were, in my opinion crap options. Rowe is another small player in an otherwise small backline and Akauola has not been able to crack a starting spot in State Cup. Him ahead of Bodene? What a ridiculous proposition.

jirskyr
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:20 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:What? I'm not criticizing him just stating a fact. The guy isn't a superstar, just a solid first grader. And its posts like yours that prove my point that the kid is a protected species in some sections of the supporter base.
Protected species from some supporters and... not protected from others? Makes it about even doesn't it?

If his name was Curtis Smith he wouldn't come in for the same criticism he cops on here. He's certainly a first grader and he is coming along, not setting the world on fire, but too good for NSW cup. I think that is the argument of the supporters.

Because it's far to easy to come on and say "he's crap, he's living off his Dad's name" when he is the only player in the team for whom that argument can be made. Plenty of average performances today, why single out just Sirro?

russelldp
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by russelldp » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:30 am

tig_prmz wrote:
siro was rubbish today and this is because he's being made to play 80. if we wanna roll with the bench of 3 props and a backrower, both starting backrowers will have to play 80. siro is not yet good enough for the 80. potential is def there imo
Spot on, Tig_prmz..... Sirro was buggered out there and caught on his heels a few times in defence. Saints cleverly aimed the big fellas at him and burnt him out.

He's got ability and ticker and if he can get a full preseason and string 10 games together, we will see his potential realised- 2015 hopefully...

Black'n'White
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:40 am

jirskyr wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:What? I'm not criticizing him just stating a fact. The guy isn't a superstar, just a solid first grader. And its posts like yours that prove my point that the kid is a protected species in some sections of the supporter base.
Protected species from some supporters and... not protected from others? Makes it about even doesn't it?

If his name was Curtis Smith he wouldn't come in for the same criticism he cops on here. He's certainly a first grader and he is coming along, not setting the world on fire, but too good for NSW cup. I think that is the argument of the supporters.

Because it's far to easy to come on and say "he's crap, he's living off his Dad's name" when he is the only player in the team for whom that argument can be made. Plenty of average performances today, why single out just Sirro?
jirskyr, dont get caught up in this crap... get them to name another half who makes as much a fist of the pigs as Siro does.... he lines up against seasoned pro's week in week out and holds his own.... name second rowers who dominate, then think about those whom he faced man on man..... then those who wouldnt give their left one to be as good at their trades as he is at the same age, nevermind those who would trade the other one to have his skillset and yet not realise the potential as of yet...

Its like trying to talk sense with those who can park closest to the doors at Woolworths.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 159 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:42 am

jirskyr wrote:

Find one quote from me where i've ever said he's only in first grade cos of who his father is, i dare you. As i have said over and over, my curiosity is with those who have labelled him a future Australian rep.

jirskyr
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:57 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Find one quote from me where i've ever said he's only in first grade cos of who his father is, i dare you. As i have said over and over, my curiosity is with those who have labelled him a future Australian rep.
I did not say you specifically said that.

I think the only person who truly said he was a future AU rep was Bozo Fulton. Can't recall many fans ever saying that, or making that argument in 2014.

Black'n'White
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 1:11 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

on his behalf, name an Australian second rower who for starters came into grade in the position and didnt move inwards...when you name the top second rowers in the game, they most all came from other positions other than the pack, Bird, Gallen, Lewis... I cannot argue for Myles and Thaiday, I honestly didnt watch them closely enough, though I challenge you to name a top 10 second rowers whom A) didnt move inward, and B) did as well first years of switch and were so reliable.

He is solid now, a first grader extrapolating your own words.... very few make that transition from juniors to the top grade, neverlone cut the mustard then transition as seamlessly, and as quickly.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 8:58 am

I agree Sirro... I cant fathom why he was granted a starting position considering the complexity of the role second rowers play in todays game.

I get why you feel NSW Cup is a better option firstly, but I doubt he will learn anything down there considering how far a gap there is with Structure between NSW Cup & NRL...

100% support him learning his role, but it should be off the bench!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 9:05 am

Tiger Watto wrote:I agree Sirro... I cant fathom why he was granted a starting position considering the complexity of the role second rowers play in todays game.

I get why you feel NSW Cup is a better option firstly, but I doubt he will learn anything down there considering how far a gap there is with Structure between NSW Cup & NRL...

100% support him learning his role, but it should be off the bench!
Yep

Sirro to the bench and Jesse Sue to start

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 9:56 am

I thought Siro was about average. Got through a bit of work, won the tackle alot.

He did make an error near the line (his only error in the game), but the pass was thrown way too hard, you would like to take them, but blokes drop them all the time.

He got caught out on the Rein try, but we lost the tackle before badly the marker got stood up and Siro held the runner too long, an error with reasons.

As for someone bagging Halatau, I thought he was nearly our best. We didn't lose cause of our forwards, we rolled up the field nicely and for the most part controlled them well in the middle.

Our 5th tackle options were atrocious and we were horribly outclassed on the flanks, which is understandable given the match ups.

We dropped too much ball also.

In my view we kick better (or at all in some cases) we probably win.

Although Moses went well at fullback, I wonder how would go if we swapped Austin and Moses around. Austin is good with the ball in his hands, and a handful, but he is not organised and plays off his head pretty much all the time, the more I see the more convinced I am we can turn him into a Jamie Lyon style centre, where he can just play, he would create p[lenty for the wingers and ask questions on his own runs.

bonstonker

Unread post by bonstonker » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 10:14 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

i don't understand why you would focus on such a small group of people week after week multiple posts after the other.
it's getting very old
you couldn't even come up with 5% of supporters on this forum that think this way.

as for sirro,seems to have produced the goods at lower levels and is now learning his trade in first grade.not easy
this was the first actual off season he wasn't siting nursing a reconstruction of some kind.unfortunately he cops an injury for the nines and that again hampers his start to the year.
has a good frame,and once he puts in back to back off seasons you should start to see the results from physical growth and mental growth from reaching 60 odd games.

tigermaniac

Unread post by tigermaniac » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 11:02 am

Give the bloke a break. I don't hate him, but give him time so he can give us a reason to love him. I don't know him but from what I see and hear he looks a very decent person. Some of you guys make me laugh, he ain't no superstar, but give him a fair go. Time will tell.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 159 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 11:02 am

Perhaps i was a bit off about just those who consider him a future Aussie rep, but there'd still be a good 50% of people who rave about him and are seeing things that i can't see.

Return to “Round 20: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”