Tigers 19 Saints 9

Kick metres

Tigers 356 Dragons 655

Missed tackles

Tigers 41 Saints 19

Penalties Tigers 5 Saints 6

Tackles

Tigers 261 Saints 285

Pretty simply stated we were great tackle 1-5 and our last tackle options were shocking , we ran the ball far too much

Defensively we didn't match up v the Dragons , they used their speed advantage out wide against us

Anything else stand out to anyone ??

hobbo
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 92 times

Unread post by hobbo » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 8:51 am

happy tiger wrote:Time in possession %

Tigers 51 Saints 49

Minutes in possession

Tigers 42 Saints 38

Completion rate
Tigers 26/37 Saints 29/35

Total metres

Tigers 1473 Saints 1415

Line Breaks

Tigers 5 Saints 10

Offloads

Tigers 19 Saints 9

Kick metres

Tigers 356 Dragons 655

Missed tackles

Tigers 41 Saints 19

Penalties Tigers 5 Saints 6

Tackles

Tigers 261 Saints 285

Pretty simply stated we were great tackle 1-5 and our last tackle options were shocking , we ran the ball far too much

Defensively we didn't match up v the Dragons , they used their speed advantage out wide against us

Anything else stand out to anyone ??
Just the usual crap ... Missed tackles / incomplete sets and dropped balls .. Nothing new really .

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

happy tiger
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 9:03 am

I think its proves we are getting better with certain parts of our game

Last season if we'd lost a game like that the opposition would have 400-500 extra metres

We won the ruck , the big problem was that Farah and Austin got the ball far too much on the 5th

Brooks is the man , he should be making the calls

The bloke I think we missed the most yesterday was Nofoaluma , we needed speed out wide and a attacking target in the air

guyofthetiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by guyofthetiger » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 9:11 am

happy tiger wrote:I think its proves we are getting better with certain parts of our game

Last season if we'd lost a game like that the opposition would have 400-500 extra metres

We won the ruck , the big problem was that Farah and Austin got the ball far too much on the 5th

The bloke I think we missed the most yesterday was Nofoaluma , we needed speed out wide and a attacking target in the air
And dare I say it, we definitely missed Lawrence...
Koro would have been a handy (speedy) alternative for poor defence on the wing also :geek:
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 9:13 am

guyofthetiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:I think its proves we are getting better with certain parts of our game

And dare I say it, we definitely missed Lawrence...
Koro would have been a handy (speedy) alternative for poor defence on the wing also :geek:
Yeah correct with having Rowdy also

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 10:23 am

fairly even stats, except for the missed tackles and the kicking game. I hope with the garbage the board has dished out, they can go into the next game more mentally prepared without the distraction.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 10:45 am

Tigerdave wrote:fairly even stats, except for the missed tackles and the kicking game. I hope with the garbage the board has dished out, they can go into the next game more mentally prepared without the distraction.
TD I think our lack of kicking yards was more due to the great job that our forwards were doing getting over the advantage line and getting us in excellent field position at the end of every set

Everything after that was the issue

Anthism

Unread post by Anthism » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 11:24 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:fairly even stats, except for the missed tackles and the kicking game. I hope with the garbage the board has dished out, they can go into the next game more mentally prepared without the distraction.
TD I think our lack of kicking yards was more due to the great job that our forwards were doing getting over the advantage line and getting us in excellent field position at the end of every set

Agree Happy. Dragons were getting 40m on most sets meanwhile we were getting around 60m so kick metres were the only thing keeping them in decent yardage. Don't understand why we continuously went short/left side. I know we were missing Rowdy to give quality options/last passes on the right edge but we should have at least given ourselves more space and created the ruck on the right hand side before a set play. Dragons are weak in the middle from what I've heard and yet we didn't try and exploit it, Sue nearly scored a try from 15m out on impact - Dragons knew we had a second rower as a centre and ran traffic that way all day. Not smart footy. Dragons had more errors when they were smashing us 22-0 and to be honest other than line breaks/missed tackles we were pretty firmly on top otherwise. Take the missed tackles out and we beat them by 300m by the end of the game and I'm sure a positive scoreline.

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 11:34 am

happy tiger wrote:

Yeah true, some of those 5th tackle options were pretty darn awful

jirskyr
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 130 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:16 pm

There should be a stat for what you do with your last tackle options. Not just completions, but whether you get the ball back or score (%). Because a rubbish kick dead in-goal or defused bomb counts as a completed set.

We would be one of the worst in the comp, especially one of the worst when it comes to having decent possession / field position and coming up with nothing plays. Brooksie decided bombs were the way to go all second half, hail marys for Moses to challenge.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:23 pm

jirskyr wrote:There should be a stat for what you do with your last tackle options. Not just completions, but whether you get the ball back or score (%). Because a rubbish kick dead in-goal or defused bomb counts as a completed set.

We would be one of the worst in the comp, especially one of the worst when it comes to having decent possession / field position and coming up with nothing plays. Brooksie decided bombs were the way to go all second half, hail marys for Moses to challenge.
Even my young fellas Under 10 side got 3 repeat sets with very limited space for in goals

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:28 pm

I guess you can see how bad our 5 the tackle options were from the kick metres. Forwards are doing a really good job.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Juro
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Juro » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 4:19 pm

Wow, those stats really do highlight where it all went wrong. We were able to get upfield with no problems, but were totally inept at getting any points from it. We should have been getting at least a few more repeat sets to pressure their defense, but whenever we got up there, we would just choose the wrong option or drop the ball.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 7:44 pm

^^
That's what Potter basically said in the start of the presso too.

Return to “Round 20: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”