8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 5:15 pm

Expect changes.... ;)

Really need to improve our defence on the edges or it could get ugly once again...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 5:15 pm

lulia vs koro will be interesting. hope to see rowe on the wing and lulia to centres.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 5:16 pm

No surprises

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 5:22 pm

No major surprises. Thought we might see Akauola after he extended his contract. Might come onto the bench if KG doesn't pull up well.

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 5:31 pm

Run Thompson at Koro all night.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 5:40 pm

The storm will have a field day against that side. We lack pace on the edges and that's where we will get punished.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 5:57 pm

If we don't target our kicking game at Koroibete we are nuts

And before anyone says anything remember the 2nd time we played Souths , they picked Tuqiri and we targeted him once and once only and we scored

And that was it after that

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 6:19 pm

I really don't get why there is so much support for Potter. I don't give a rats about him being a nice bloke, or an old mate of Gordy Tallis and other ex footy players in the media, the fact is all year he has picked players in the backline that either are out of position or are the slowest in the competition - and more often that not teams expose that weakness and crucify us. There was ample opportunity to give Korobite a run when he was with the club, and now we will watch him score tries against us for the Storm. How Luliea who was bought to the club by Potter gets a first grade position is beyond me, he limits our options in both defence and attack. You can write off the game against the Bulldogs - the St George game was a much more accurate account of what happens when he plays. As good as Pat Richards is to start a game with Luleia, Richards, and Thompson out wide against Melbourne is crazy. Yes injuries and allowing players to leave the club leaves us with limited options NOW - but when we had the opportunity poor decisions were made. I don't know if Robbie Farah questions his ability as a coach or not, but if he did, or does, or is still unsure I am totally with him. I have seen little to convince me that he is a good coach - and he really has had little impact on the young boys coming through who were identified and nurtured in our system long before he arrived. He might have been treated poorly, but so was Matthew Elliot, Neil Henry, David Furner, Steve Sharp and Steve Price, who were all coaches that recently lost support of the playing groups. Anyone who thinks that JT doesn't have a say at the Cowboys is delusional and it was well documented that Simon Mannering and the senior playing group at the Warriors were a major factor in the demise of Matthew Elliot - yet when Robbie Farah may or may not have an opinion he is attacked venomously in the media. All I know is when Robbie is in the team we are much better team compared to when he is not, and if Mick Potter was to leave tomorrow I am far from convinced we would be worse off. Just my opinion.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 6:27 pm

telltails , u forgot the worse of the lot paul gallen. and iam with u potter does not fill me with any hope whats so ever. retention has sucked and his picking of out of form players is a real blow for the team.

haberfield tiger

Post by haberfield tiger » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 7:32 pm

expect 40+ hiding. Thompson no centre (sheenius is back), will be exposed again. Moses too small and Lulia rubbish. Hope im wrong.

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 7:46 pm

bp tiger wrote:telltails , u forgot the worse of the lot paul gallen. and iam with u potter does not fill me with any hope whats so ever. retention has sucked and his picking of out of form players is a real blow for the team.
Who is he going to pick? Our second tier cap is used completely (so to be reported) and the injuries we've had.
There's not much the man can do. And who would you have as coach? there really isn't many coaches that make me jump for joy.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 7:46 pm

bp tiger wrote:telltails , u forgot the worse of the lot paul gallen. and iam with u potter does not fill me with any hope whats so ever. retention has sucked and his picking of out of form players is a real blow for the team.
Who is he going to pick? Our second tier cap is used completely (so to be reported) and the injuries we've had.
There's not much the man can do. And who would you have as coach? there really isn't many coaches that make me jump for joy.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 8:10 pm

What's Potter suppose to do with the backline? With Tedesco , Nofoaluma, Moltzen , Seve, Lawerence , Patterson all injured.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 8:22 pm

Telltails wrote: the fact is all year he has picked players in the backline that either are out of position or are the slowest in the competition - and more often that not teams expose that weakness and crucify us. There was ample opportunity to give Korobite a run when he was with the club, and now we will watch him score tries against us for the Storm.
I hope Potter makes changes because all you have to do is run it against our outside backs especially Thompson and you will score points.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 8:33 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Telltails wrote: the fact is all year he has picked players in the backline that either are out of position or are the slowest in the competition - and more often that not teams expose that weakness and crucify us. There was ample opportunity to give Korobite a run when he was with the club, and now we will watch him score tries against us for the Storm.
I hope Potter makes changes because all you have to do is run it against our outside backs especially Thompson and you will score points.
Don't mean to sound like a smart arse , but do people realize every time we pull someone into grade we

1 Breach our 2nd tier cap ( which we will get fined for by the NRL )

2 Pay 80 k to someone from NSW Cup who probably isn't much better than the bloke we've picked anyway

3 THE CLUB IS BROKE

I haven't seen a bloke currently in NSW Cup that is better than the players we have got

For them to be capable of stepping up , they should be tearing it up in NSW Cup , not just getting by and occasionally playing well

Does anyone think that we are purposely not picking players that are better ?? :brick:

willow

Post by willow » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 8:45 pm

That's the thing Happy, we've exhausted our second tier salary cap and cannot call anyone else up without express permission from the NRL. Have to make do with what we have.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 8:57 pm

I'm starting to worry about Tedesco's return to start next year.

Moltzen did his kneecap pre season and is still unsighted.....

Who would of believed we would be happy to see him back :shock:

What odds Koro gets a hattrick? We must target him 100% though.