Official Team

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24957
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 334 times

Re: Official Team

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 9:32 pm

This is also concerning...

Keith Galloway (Shoulder, Indefinite)
Sauaso Sue (Groin, Round 21)
Luke Brooks (Shoulder, Round 21)
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...


User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 9:34 pm

Why do we persist with Bodene Thompson defending in the centres?

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5201
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 9:54 pm

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:
bp tiger wrote:telltails , u forgot the worse of the lot paul gallen. and iam with u potter does not fill me with any hope whats so ever. retention has sucked and his picking of out of form players is a real blow for the team.
Who is he going to pick? Our second tier cap is used completely (so to be reported) and the injuries we've had.
There's not much the man can do. And who would you have as coach? there really isn't many coaches that make me jump for joy.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Kurtis Rowe is a back and is eligible to play first grade. Why wasn't he selected?

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Unread post by alexaki » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 9:56 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:Why do we persist with Bodene Thompson defending in the centres?

Good question...

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1845
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Fraze23 » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:41 pm

IMO it was a poor decision to let Koroibete and Naiyaravaro go when they were both off contract at the end of the season. Add to that the release of Murdoch-Masila, Moltzen's knee injury before a ball has been kicked, the retirement of Fulton and Anasta (all but official) and season ending injuries to Patterson, Tedesco and Nofoaluma. That's 9 players we're currently missing from our initial squad. To me it just seems like poor form releasing 2 backs who are off contract at the end of this season, which we gain nothing from other than playing Thompson in the Centres and Lulia on the Wing.


User avatar
bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1184
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:43 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:Why do we persist with Bodene Thompson defending in the centres?
Because we are out of options and he adds starch to a pretty meek backline.

Newtown: Kurtis Rowe is a back and is eligible to play first grade. Why wasn't he selected?
Umm, did you see him play this year?
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1845
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Fraze23 » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:50 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:Why do we persist with Bodene Thompson defending in the centres?
Because we are out of options and he adds starch to a pretty meek backline.

Newtown: Kurtis Rowe is a back and is eligible to play first grade. Why wasn't he selected?
Umm, did you see him play this year?
I've seen Lulia play and he obviously hates playing wing, as he usually tries to defend 20m in field.

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:53 pm

Fraze23 wrote:IMO it was a poor decision to let Koroibete and Naiyaravaro go when they were both off contract at the end of the season. Add to that the release of Murdoch-Masila, Moltzen's knee injury before a ball has been kicked, the retirement of Fulton and Anasta (all but official) and season ending injuries to Patterson, Tedesco and Nofoaluma. That's 9 players we're currently missing from our initial squad. To me it just seems like poor form releasing 2 backs who are off contract at the end of this season, which we gain nothing from other than playing Thompson in the Centres and Lulia on the Wing.
Agree. Should not have released Koro. He is an attacking machine. Yes a liability in defence but WOW... can he score tries. Another bad decision made by the club :cry:

User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:12 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:Why do we persist with Bodene Thompson defending in the centres?
Because we are out of options and he adds starch to a pretty meek backline.
I mean no disrespect to Thompson's ability to hit the line with the ball in hand, it's just ugly when he gets caught 1 on 1 with a fast winger. It's be nice if we could reshuffle in defence and not leave him hanging out there, although as you say we probably are out of options.

What will really help Thompson out if is if Lulia can avoid rushing up and missing, because that leaves Bodene in a footrace he'll never win.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 4911
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm
Has liked: 388 times
Been liked: 101 times

Unread post by 851 » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:45 pm

A really dumb side from Potter,I don't care that we are on the 2nd tier cap,if this is the best Potter can do with his job on the line,god help us if he gets a 2 or 3 year extension,the teams will be diabolical.
Thompson has failed everytime at centre,I don't really rate him at secondrow much either,so why pick a player that is doomed to fail,the definition of insanity is keep doing the same thing over and over and hope for a different result.
Bloody hell try someone else at centre,Thompson combined with Lulia is god damn awful,put Sirro at centre,or try Austin at centre,because Thompson can't cut it.
I am of the belief now Potter really has no idea,and my sympathy for him left with his usual no one gets dropped team today,a mind numbingly stupid team,who will be exposed again.
A first year rookie NRL coach worked it out last week,what is a seasoned veteran gonna do this week,especially with F/A so important.
I say bring on Kidwell or someone else because Mick has blown his chance.
Go hard or go home

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2683
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 24 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:59 pm

happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Telltails wrote: the fact is all year he has picked players in the backline that either are out of position or are the slowest in the competition - and more often that not teams expose that weakness and crucify us. There was ample opportunity to give Korobite a run when he was with the club, and now we will watch him score tries against us for the Storm.
I hope Potter makes changes because all you have to do is run it against our outside backs especially Thompson and you will score points.
Don't mean to sound like a smart arse , but do people realize every time we pull someone into grade we

1 Breach our 2nd tier cap ( which we will get fined for by the NRL )

2 Pay 80 k to someone from NSW Cup who probably isn't much better than the bloke we've picked anyway

3 THE CLUB IS BROKE

I haven't seen a bloke currently in NSW Cup that is better than the players we have got

For them to be capable of stepping up , they should be tearing it up in NSW Cup , not just getting by and occasionally playing well

Does anyone think that we are purposely not picking players that are better ?? :brick:
Well tell me who replaced Koro in the top 25 Happy? There must be someone contracted who hasn't played and is eligible to play!

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3370
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Unread post by simonthetiger » Wed 30 Jul, 2014 3:47 am

Madness getting rid of Koro.....

He will score a hundred tries against us this weekend.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36044
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 30 Jul, 2014 5:42 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Telltails wrote: the fact is all year he has picked players in the backline that either are out of position or are the slowest in the competition - and more often that not teams expose that weakness and crucify us. There was ample opportunity to give Korobite a run when he was with the club, and now we will watch him score tries against us for the Storm.
I hope Potter makes changes because all you have to do is run it against our outside backs especially Thompson and you will score points.
Don't mean to sound like a smart arse , but do people realize every time we pull someone into grade we

1 Breach our 2nd tier cap ( which we will get fined for by the NRL )

2 Pay 80 k to someone from NSW Cup who probably isn't much better than the bloke we've picked anyway

3 THE CLUB IS BROKE

I haven't seen a bloke currently in NSW Cup that is better than the players we have got

For them to be capable of stepping up , they should be tearing it up in NSW Cup , not just getting by and occasionally playing well

Does anyone think that we are purposely not picking players that are better ?? :brick:
Well tell me who replaced Koro in the top 25 Happy? There must be someone contracted who hasn't played and is eligible to play!
We can't replace him because he played the 1st game v the Dragons

User avatar
weststigers
Member
Member
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 6:25 pm
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by weststigers » Wed 30 Jul, 2014 6:31 am

851 wrote:A really dumb side from Potter,I don't care that we are on the 2nd tier cap,if this is the best Potter can do with his job on the line,god help us if he gets a 2 or 3 year extension,the teams will be diabolical.
Thompson has failed everytime at centre,I don't really rate him at secondrow much either,so why pick a player that is doomed to fail,the definition of insanity is keep doing the same thing over and over and hope for a different result.
Bloody hell try someone else at centre,Thompson combined with Lulia is god damn awful,put Sirro at centre,or try Austin at centre,because Thompson can't cut it.
I am of the belief now Potter really has no idea,and my sympathy for him left with his usual no one gets dropped team today,a mind numbingly stupid team,who will be exposed again.
A first year rookie NRL coach worked it out last week,what is a seasoned veteran gonna do this week,especially with F/A so important.
I say bring on Kidwell or someone else because Mick has blown his chance.
What offers the least amount of disruption? Re-shuffling the whole backline or changing 1 position with someone who's played there before?

We are down on troops. Not a lot of choices for Mick.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

tottie
Member
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue 05 Mar, 2013 7:52 pm

Unread post by tottie » Wed 30 Jul, 2014 7:06 am

Tigermama wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:IMO it was a poor decision to let Koroibete and Naiyaravaro go when they were both off contract at the end of the season. Add to that the release of Murdoch-Masila, Moltzen's knee injury before a ball has been kicked, the retirement of Fulton and Anasta (all but official) and season ending injuries to Patterson, Tedesco and Nofoaluma. That's 9 players we're currently missing from our initial squad. To me it just seems like poor form releasing 2 backs who are off contract at the end of this season, which we gain nothing from other than playing Thompson in the Centres and Lulia on the Wing.
Agree. Should not have released Koro. He is an attacking machine. Yes a liability in defence but WOW... can he score tries. Another bad decision made by the club :cry:

Koro was released to free up the money for tedesco. If you dont believe me ask our joke of a recruitment manager that still has a job and is still in charge contrary to what we were told!!!!

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Wed 30 Jul, 2014 8:04 am

Akaoula should be playing in the centres.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 4911
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm
Has liked: 388 times
Been liked: 101 times

Unread post by 851 » Wed 30 Jul, 2014 10:39 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Akaoula should be playing in the centres.
I am sure there are quite a few players who could do a better job than Thompson,couple him with Lulia and we are at the summit of Mt Poo.
Go hard or go home

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2683
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 24 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Wed 30 Jul, 2014 10:57 am

happy tiger wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Telltails wrote: the fact is all year he has picked players in the backline that either are out of position or are the slowest in the competition - and more often that not teams expose that weakness and crucify us. There was ample opportunity to give Korobite a run when he was with the club, and now we will watch him score tries against us for the Storm.
I hope Potter makes changes because all you have to do is run it against our outside backs especially Thompson and you will score points.
Don't mean to sound like a smart arse , but do people realize every time we pull someone into grade we

1 Breach our 2nd tier cap ( which we will get fined for by the NRL )

2 Pay 80 k to someone from NSW Cup who probably isn't much better than the bloke we've picked anyway

3 THE CLUB IS BROKE

I haven't seen a bloke currently in NSW Cup that is better than the players we have got

For them to be capable of stepping up , they should be tearing it up in NSW Cup , not just getting by and occasionally playing well

Does anyone think that we are purposely not picking players that are better ?? :brick:
Well tell me who replaced Koro in the top 25 Happy? There must be someone contracted who hasn't played and is eligible to play!
We can't replace him because he played the 1st game v the Dragons[/quote]

So you're saying that with the release of 3 players and 2 retirements we're down to a squad of 20, not including other injuries, 17 of whom must be playing every week, with a small cap for other players which has already been maxed out? Doesn't add up. Replacements must be allowed.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 21: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”