farah

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

farah

Unread post by alexaki » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 10:44 pm

alexaki wrote:He tried hard tonight... We simply have run out of FG standard troops on the right positions!!! Our season ended last week.... We can thank the Board and our horrid run of injuries for the early shower this year....

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Oh and I guess " that's all folks " for Potter... I hope we get a good coach for 2015...

Posted using RoarFEED V.4


User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 10:50 pm

alexaki wrote:
alexaki wrote:He tried hard tonight... We simply have run out of FG standard troops on the right positions!!! Our season ended last week.... We can thank the Board and our horrid run of injuries for the early shower this year....

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Oh and I guess " that's all folks " for Potter... I hope we get a good coach for 2015...

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Stop hoping, we don't have $2 to rub together.

User avatar
Irvine
Member
Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:27 pm

Unread post by Irvine » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 10:51 pm

MacDougall wrote:He tried hard but his head wasn't in the right place tonight imo.
How could his head be in the right place after what has happened during the week ?
Why is he the one taking a hit up off our line?
Of course he wasn't 100% but he was still one of our best tonight.

thesquid
Member
Member
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun 13 Apr, 2014 9:17 am

Unread post by thesquid » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 6:30 am

I was shocked that that decision was made by any leader.

2. The kick angle was a difficult one
3. Your main kicker is injured
4. 6 points while 12 off the pace is way better than a 50/50 2
1. And what should have been the most important thing for a leader to do, is to look like you rate your team, back your team and fire them up for all their worth to get these 6 points like they are going to win the war.

Instead, it was a sombre, we are losers decision.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2219
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 6:51 am

innsaneink wrote:
TigerWoods wrote:
MacDougall wrote:He tried hard but his head wasn't in the right place tonight imo.
True. People need to give him a break
Yep....showed just how the weeks affected him, unfortunately it got to him, just how it goes..he'll be back
That was my read on it.
Geo. wrote:I don't think taking the captaincy off Farah is necessary
Some must have forgotten that he's the one that led the off-season attitude turn around that set us up for the start of this seasons performances.
"Quality Stupidity"


NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2219
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 6:56 am

Can we hire Benji back? It seems we need a kicking boy.
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
Juro
Member
Member
Posts: 2587
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Juro » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 9:19 am

With the penalty kick, we had a choice of a difficult kick for 2, or one play to try to get 4 or 6.

Let's say there was a 50% chance of kicking the goal, that is an expectation of 1 (2 x 50%).

There is probably less than 10% chance of scoring a try off that 1 play. Again, if out wide, there would be a 50% chance of kicking the conversion. That gives an expectation of 0.5 (4 x 10% + 2 x 10% x 50%)

I have no problem with the decision taken.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 4799
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 10:18 am

Moses needed to give the kick some left hand bias - to at least give chasers coming through the chance to score off the kick - Thats surely the only reason Farah said to take the two - to give our chasers a chance to come through.

Trouble is, Moses sprayed it right, and our chasers got nowhere near it.
Image

User avatar
mtd
Member
Member
Posts: 1855
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 9:23 am
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by mtd » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 7:28 pm

thesquid wrote:I was shocked that that decision was made by any leader.

2. The kick angle was a difficult one
3. Your main kicker is injured
4. 6 points while 12 off the pace is way better than a 50/50 2
1. And what should have been the most important thing for a leader to do, is to look like you rate your team, back your team and fire them up for all their worth to get these 6 points like they are going to win the war.

Instead, it was a sombre, we are losers decision.
well said...

i was also disappointed to learn he didn't turn up to the press conference, leaving potter to fend for himself again.. it's very weak..

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 7:31 pm

mtd wrote:
thesquid wrote:I was shocked that that decision was made by any leader.

2. The kick angle was a difficult one
3. Your main kicker is injured
4. 6 points while 12 off the pace is way better than a 50/50 2
1. And what should have been the most important thing for a leader to do, is to look like you rate your team, back your team and fire them up for all their worth to get these 6 points like they are going to win the war.

Instead, it was a sombre, we are losers decision.
well said...

i was also disappointed to learn he didn't turn up to the press conference, leaving potter to fend for himself again.. it's very weak..
You might want to take that up with our media manager, it was his decision.

Once again Farah gets attacked without people knowing the facts. The guy is not perfect but FFS, he deserves better from his own fans.

In saying that, this clusterfark of a club doesn't deserve a player of his class.

User avatar
mtd
Member
Member
Posts: 1855
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 9:23 am
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by mtd » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 8:06 pm

well the media manager is a moron then...

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/ ... n-stadium/

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16088
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 8:12 pm

He wants out I reckon.
I'm the least you could do, if only life was easy as you...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
mtd
Member
Member
Posts: 1855
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 9:23 am
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by mtd » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 8:13 pm

galloways 150th game i appreciate that... but ffs the club has more pressing issues right now.. and after farah taking the day off during the week, you'd think the club would be smart enough to help squash this coaching drama and show unity with him and potter at the presser... so stupid..

Tony33
Member
Member
Posts: 1219
Joined: Tue 18 Mar, 2014 5:21 pm

Unread post by Tony33 » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 8:33 pm

Seriously after seeing how some of his own fans are treating him i wouldn't begrudge him for walking. He isn't perfect by any stretch and has handled this situation poorly but its a real shame reading some of these comments. Its funny how some choose to ignore all the good one has done and put the boot in based on rumour, innuendo and one situation. Soft. Very soft.

It would be a very sad day if robbie was to leave this club on these terms. Especially considering how our other legend departed last season. Would really show what a poor and amateurish organisation we are if it were to eventuate

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 9:09 pm

Tony33 wrote:Seriously after seeing how some of his own fans are treating him i wouldn't begrudge him for walking. He isn't perfect by any stretch and has handled this situation poorly but its a real shame reading some of these comments. Its funny how some choose to ignore all the good one has done and put the boot in based on rumour, innuendo and one situation. Soft. Very soft.

It would be a very sad day if robbie was to leave this club on these terms. Especially considering how our other legend departed last season. Would really show what a poor and amateurish organisation we are if it were to eventuate

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
I think that sums it up well. He is not perfect but doesn't deserve to have the boot laid into him.

Let's be honest - he is too good for this club.

User avatar
Justo
Member
Member
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu 05 Apr, 2012 2:31 pm

Unread post by Justo » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 9:14 pm

Those saying he's not a good captain. Maybe so. But I can't see him playing for a side being captained by anyone. Even in state of origin where he's VC I think he has just as much control over the side as Gallen.

As player. I'd have him in my side no question.

Side note. I see ch9 is promoting an exclusive interview with him on the footy show this week. For a bloke who wants to be left alone he's surely drawing a lot of attention to himself...

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Unread post by alexaki » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 10:56 pm

Justo wrote:Those saying he's not a good captain. Maybe so. But I can't see him playing for a side being captained by anyone. Even in state of origin where he's VC I think he has just as much control over the side as Gallen.

As player. I'd have him in my side no question.

Side note. I see ch9 is promoting an exclusive interview with him on the footy show this week. For a bloke who wants to be left alone he's surely drawing a lot of attention to himself...

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
I see Robbie scored a TPA this last week!!! Robbie ( Hollywood) Farah.....

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2219
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Wed 06 Aug, 2014 6:39 am

Let's try to put Farah's situation into perspective. As Captain and leader of the senior playing group he rallied the troops in the off season. We all noted the turn around in attitude. The season started off with a bang with big wins against tough teams. I remember Farah being quoted words to the effect 'we haven't achieved anything yet', which tells me he could see big things ahead for Wests Tigers but they needed consistency.
Then he dislocated his elbow and he was on the sidelines. The team struggled. He got it together in time for origin and was away through those games. The Tedesco issue brought the media circus back into play with the Tigers and was another distraction. Farah had personal success in origin but the team that he's captain of continued to struggle. I remember he came back from origin and was quoted as saying something like 'we need to refocus and get our act together for our run to the finals.' He clearly had confidence in the team and it's ability to win.
Then the injuries began to mount and the team struggled again. He must have been thinking 'what do we have to do?' And to top his season off somebody with an agenda, nothing to do with Wests Tigers winning games, started feeding the media cr@p.
I think we can forgive him, captain or not, for being disappointed with the season's progress. It wasn't for lack of trying.
"Quality Stupidity"

Post Reply

Return to “Round 21: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”