Storm mentality

galea#11

Storm mentality

Post by galea#11 » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 9:39 pm

Early on we were up 4-1 penalties. The storm just copped it and hung in there. We would of let 2-3 try's in . No matter wat coach we have. We have always had a mentally weak side

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 9:46 pm

Raiders and Knights are mentally week teams.... our team has most playing out of position , forwards for backs..yes defiantly a lot of mistakes ...the Tigers team of tonight against a full strength storm team that score line does not reflect a mentally week team IMO.

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 9:50 pm

Not just tonight. Paul gallen commented. Against. Dragons. All u have to do against tigers is REPEAT sets. Because mentally they don't hang in there like manly roosters. We constantly drop our energy when bounce ball go against us. Th manly no try. We then let in 3 try's quickly. !??

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 9:55 pm

galea#11 wrote:Early on we were up 4-1 penalties. The storm just copped it and hung in there. We would of let 2-3 try's in . No matter wat coach we have. We have always had a mentally weak side
I know this is a big IF , but at full strength with the amount of quality ball we had with

Tedesco
Nofoaluma
Simona
Lawrence
Richards
Moses
Brooks

we would of really tested them and made them pay

At full strength I am only concerned playing two or three sides

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 9:57 pm

Mate I agree with u but I accept now we don't ever have a full side Wherever this mythical full side is I haven't seen it for years

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 9:58 pm

Love them or hate them they know how to get the job done. Every yr they look gone, then all of a sudden will themselves together and get on a role. They might not win it, but i definitely wouldn't count them out against anyone in September.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 10:12 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Love them or hate them they know how to get the job done. Every yr they look gone, then all of a sudden will themselves together and get on a role. They might not win it, but i definitely wouldn't count them out against anyone in September.
They certainly do and this is why Bellamy is head and shoulders above all the other coaches in the NRL. He refuses to accept mediocrity and he has an amazing ability to bring out the best in his players. Apart from the so called 'big 3' the Storm have always been (for the most part) made up of no name players who come together and play so well as a team. How many consecutive years have they been in the semis now? Is it 9 or something? Amazing really and something us Tigers supporters can only dream about unfortunately :(
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 10:27 pm

I think its a myth that besides the big 3 the rest are ordinary. Guys like Proctor, Hoffman and Bromwich are all class.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 10:40 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I think its a myth that besides the big 3 the rest are ordinary. Guys like Proctor, Hoffman and Bromwich are all class.
They have a really good team all across the park. Koro to me is a great example of the players that they get. Koro is a great winger and if he gets half a chance he scores. He wasn't being used by us so they went and bought him.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 10:49 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I think its a myth that besides the big 3 the rest are ordinary. Guys like Proctor, Hoffman and Bromwich are all class.
They are but Bellamy churns these players out year after year.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 10:54 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
They are but Bellamy churns these players out year after year.
He simplifies their roles to the nth degree

I'm sure that Potter would be over the moon if he could just get the same 17 to back up two weeks straight let alone reach Bellamy's standards