Austin

hybrid_tiger

Austin

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 7:59 am

Everybody raves about him but I don't see it.

IMO he was hyped because everyone wanted him to replace Anasta (rightfully) and although he is an upgrade on Anasta (let's face it, who the [automatically edited] wouldn't be), he is just not that good. A fill in player at best, and easy to see why Penrith let him go.

His brain explosions actually remind me of Benji's. He is also a very selfish player and will often run the ball when it needs to be put through the hands.

tigermaniac

Unread post by tigermaniac » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 8:12 am

Way better than Anasta. More in the Ben Roberts class.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

happy tiger
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 8:14 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Everybody raves about him but I don't see it.

IMO he was hyped because everyone wanted him to replace Anasta (rightfully) and although he is an upgrade on Anasta (let's face it, who the [automatically edited] wouldn't be), he is just not that good. A fill in player at best, and easy to see why Penrith let him go.

His brain explosions actually remind me of Benji's. He is also a very selfish player and will often run the ball when it needs to be put through the hands.
He is a player I like and hate (if that's possible )

Like his passion and the way he fires up for the team , you can't question his intensity or his dedication to the club

But he's not a 6 as Hybrid said ,too often he takes the wrong options

I still think we should play him at fullback while Tedesco is out and move Moses to the 6

His running game is far better suited to the fullback role and he did a acceptable job when he filled in during the Canberra game

I'd like to see how he would handle playing centre in the future also

king sirro
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by king sirro » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 8:15 am

You can see he doesnt have that natural class, time and finesse that Moses has but he is good. Needs to be experimented next year in the centres where he can run run and run, and with the added bonus of having ball skills.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tigrr
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Tigrr » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 8:25 am

He scores or nearly scores a great individual try every week. He shows a lot of heart to do this. Play him in the centres,

laufoofan

Unread post by laufoofan » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 8:59 am

Austin has a good running game, more suitable as a full back or centre. We could try him there.I like his enthisiam.

Snake
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Snake » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 9:15 am

I notice Austin every game , but don,t notice to many others... A good signing with a positive future at the club in what ever position.

Rparto

Unread post by Rparto » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 9:21 am

He's a natural footballer, got good speed and plays what's in front of him I've been impressed with him and most games he's played he's made an impact, got us rolling when we beat Parra earlier in the year and in other games and has been a step up on Anasta. Problem for him will be not having a settled position.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 24 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 9:55 am

Finally people are starting to see what I've been saying for months. While yes he is an upgrade for Anasta, he needs to be played in the centres, or possibly even fullback.

Yes he can throw a great dummy and score himself a try. That's only the one attribute a decent half should have. He's a runner plain and simple, and a pretty good one at that. He can sometimes hit the right pass, but he's not a playmaker nor first choice kicker.

Let the man focus on his strengths for his sake and that of the team!

magpiecol
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 11:29 am

Should be one of our centres next year. Good player.

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 11:43 am

magpiecol wrote:Should be one of our centres next year. Good player.
I would not be against trying it, but I doubt his defence would be good enough.

ragedmachine

Unread post by ragedmachine » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 1:15 pm

As someone else said it, I only notice him every week in attack. He tries his guts out and has scored more often than not.

He's a hooker in my opinion. Maybe the understudy to Robbie

VanillaThunder
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by VanillaThunder » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 1:52 pm

He would absolutely slaughter it at Cowboys or Melbourne with an organising half and a license to terrorise. Natural footballer but unfortunately just here at the wrong time for us.
As I said in another thread though I think he's our starting 6 next year while Moses develops in the lower grades.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

thesquid

Unread post by thesquid » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 1:55 pm

Austin will be all the better come next year from his experience this year.

there is no option better than Austin in the 6 and I wouldn't be surprised come next year, Austin firing and making less mistakes because of this years experience.

I can't suggest Moses yet, because he looks like a squashed ant when he gets run through so easily and goes flying.

in terms of experience, this is his year to turn it around and show up, come next year.

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 2:00 pm

Austin tries hard and asks questions, but overplays his hand, and cant play structure. He needs to be in a non-organising role where he can just play (not in the spine), so centre or impact benchy.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 2:14 pm

100% Agreed Hybrid... You cant question his effort. He has a go, but he is not suitable in the Halves.

Maybe that Centre option is a go for him like Siro mentioned?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Return to “Round 21: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”