Melbourne in the Tackle

Goose

Melbourne in the Tackle

Unread post by Goose » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 3:00 pm

I hate watching Melbourne play, they are so grubby, and every tackle looks like there could be a penalty.
I think that it is bad for the game.

They do some wonderful things in attack, Cronk is amazing and close to my favourite player, slater will be remembered as an all time great. (Im one of a very small group who thinks Smith is very good but not great, but most would say he is the best of the big 3)

But everytime I watch the play (no matter who against) i hate there carry on in the tackle, really annoys me.

I think the NRL needs to look into the tackle and see if we can come up with some new guidelines. It is such a heard job for referees at the moment and teams are coached to push the limits, Melbourne seem to push it hardest and IMO grubbiest, to the point where they ruin the games they play in.

supercoach
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by supercoach » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 3:12 pm

We were told at the start of the year that wrestle was on the out and they wanted a quick ruck. As with most things that come out of the NRL it was hot air.

The Storm are a very good side with possibly the best spine ever,but their wrestle is such a negative blight on the game. They expect to be given the freedom to attack but than think its their right to slow the game down with negative tactics when they have to defend. Of course they can only do what the officials will allow them to do, and their lies the problem,no official is willing to penalize them to the extent they will be forced to change their ways .

If the NRL let this tactic to continue it will kill the game, but I bet we hear the same in 2015 at the start of the season that it will be rubbed out, only to have nothing done about once again

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 3:14 pm

Couldn't agree more. No team gets away with crap like this more than the storm.

In fairness though. We did push the boundaries a lot more towards the end today. Taupau Keithy and aka were on a mission to hurt them.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 3:36 pm

There were so many spear like tackles...u would have thought that after the Mckinnon incident they might steer clear of the third man in lift tackle...but it happened about a thousand time last night and many by Jordan Mclean....

I thought it was sickening and shows what a pack of mongrels they really are.

Return to “Round 21: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”