Disgraceful performance

jirskyr
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: Disgraceful performance

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 11:45 pm

It was certainly disgraceful.

Anyone who calls it worst performance ever has a short memory. I recall beltings as bad or worse than that, Roosters, Eels, Storm and Doggies games spring to mind over the last 10 years.

Tigertigertiger

Unread post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 12:03 am

Training will be easy this week, behind the goal posts every 6 minutes.

TigerSJ
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by TigerSJ » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 12:26 pm

It's a tough one - where do we start??. That performance was so poor and heartless. Not sure what was worse, the seeming ineptitude in every facet of the game, or the total lack of desire and pride shown by the players. It seems every area of our club and our beloved Tigers team has fallen apart. From the management level to the coaching staff to the players, we are in an absolute shambles.
Up until Saturday night I thought that at least the playing group were tight, but watching them out there it was every man for himself and not one playing for the team or his mates. I have to agree that they couldn't really be in support of Potter if that's what they dished up as their season deciding game. I mean really, how plain and open was that team effort as an indication of the players vote. Injury toll, lack of players, distractions, blah blah blah, whatever... most simply weren't playing with any heart or effort at all.
It has been obvious for a long time that management needs drastic change. It is obvious now that the coaching staff must go as well - letting Potter go may not be enough. Playing roster is next - we are carrying plenty of dead wood and need to offload. To start we must RID - Rowe, Lulia, Anasta, Moltzen, Lawrence, Thompson, Blair, Patterson and Galloway. We must drop back Gavet, Sirro and Moses as they need more development and training. Recruitment - we need to find 2 x big hard running angry backrowers, 2 x quality centres and a real 5/8. Finally, we need some LEADERS - at all levels, on and off the field.
If we don't get this done, all the great young talent that we are hanging our hats on will be spoilt, get stolen by better clubs or end up amounting to nothing!!

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 12:31 pm

SJ, I hope somebody in control is listening.

happy tiger
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 12:37 pm

jirskyr wrote:It was certainly disgraceful.

Anyone who calls it worst performance ever has a short memory. I recall beltings as bad or worse than that, Roosters, Eels, Storm and Doggies games spring to mind over the last 10 years.
Yes the games when I thought that Gasnier or Tahu would score virtually every time they touched the ball bring back memories

Pity none were nice memories

jirskyr
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 113 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 5:36 pm

TigerSJ wrote:To start we must RID - Rowe, Lulia, Anasta, Moltzen, Lawrence, Thompson, Blair, Patterson and Galloway. We must drop back Gavet, Sirro and Moses as they need more development and training. Recruitment - we need to find 2 x big hard running angry backrowers, 2 x quality centres and a real 5/8. Finally, we need some LEADERS - at all levels, on and off the field.
If we don't get this done, all the great young talent that we are hanging our hats on will be spoilt, get stolen by better clubs or end up amounting to nothing!!
I hear what you are saying, but that is a 5-year plan. You aren't going to pick up high-quality players in that number in those positions in one recruitment drive.

TigerSJ
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by TigerSJ » Fri 15 Aug, 2014 2:47 pm

jirskyr wrote:
TigerSJ wrote:To start we must RID - Rowe, Lulia, Anasta, Moltzen, Lawrence, Thompson, Blair, Patterson and Galloway. We must drop back Gavet, Sirro and Moses as they need more development and training. Recruitment - we need to find 2 x big hard running angry backrowers, 2 x quality centres and a real 5/8. Finally, we need some LEADERS - at all levels, on and off the field.
I hear what you are saying, but that is a 5-year plan. You aren't going to pick up high-quality players in that number in those positions in one recruitment drive.

I was hoping only 2 years - I see that RID list as guys I wouldn't play in my A team at all - they need to go so we can free up space to develop our younger guys such as Lodge, Lovett and Brown, and money for recruitment of some new fresh backs (see thread on Centres and Wingers). Sure we will have a very young side - but at least they'll hopefully have heart, enthusiasm and desire!

Return to “Round 22: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”