happy tiger

Re: Chris Lawrence is done

Post by happy tiger » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 11:30 pm

The saddest thing is Rowdy seems the nicest bloke you'd meet

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 9:28 am

Chris was done the day his hip dislocated.

In the real world there is not a state cup team he would be selected for. Hell he can't even make ours :)

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 9:53 am

Hard to knock such a nice bloke but geez he's struggling.
Problem is there is no one to replace him this year.
Maybe a stint in reggies would help if we were able to do it.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 12:22 pm

Nice guys finish last
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

69-05-41

Post by 69-05-41 » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 1:24 pm

Sack the hack. Not only has he lost all pace and eye-hand coordination, but he has no idea where to position himself in attack or defence. On last night's effort (or lack thereof) you would have to wonder whether he was deliberately avoiding any involvement.
"It is what it is" - Sharon, 2017

Florrie

Post by Florrie » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 1:49 pm

It is devastating to see Rowdy now compared to pre-hip injury. I reckon given his character and leadership potential that he displayed back then he wouldn't be proud of his performance now either. Maybe he is there because there is no-one else. A really sad end.

Post by 851 » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 1:57 pm

Widdop came back from the same injury and is playing fine.
Go hard or go home

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 2:04 pm

Lawrence has to stand down, retire or go to State Cup for his sake, Potter's future coaching chances and the sake of the Wests tiger supporters. If a player is injured it is cruel to force him to play week in and week out.
Last edited by Newtown on Sun 10 Aug, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 2:21 pm

yes his hip injury was bad but he was still playing fine post 2 months after he returned back to league. i remember in a panthers game he outran coote, he smoked a few dragons player in a semi and manly player before that semi.

the hip issue is gone- it's over. the problem is the lack of strength or the tightness of his hammies. every part of the body is mechanically connected to each other. i have a feeling it's the hammies contributing to his running style and lack of pace and turning around speed and not the hip dislocation.

however, this doesn't excuse bad decisions in defense/attack as well as lack of cordination. he is so down on confidence as well. he's busted all round. he needs to be in state cup once we've got enough centres.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 2:22 pm

Idk if it was someone trolling with a fake account, or it was legit, but Rotfield tweeted last night that Farah was to blame for last night and that he isn't fit to be captain. And Lawrence should take over.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 2:26 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Idk if it was someone trolling with a fake account, or it was legit, but Rotfield tweeted last night that Farah was to blame for last night and that he isn't fit to be captain. And Lawrence should take over.
Rothfield is trying to water his streak of vindictiveness with his very suspect sense of humour.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 2:36 pm

Flippedy wrote:I know that, you know that, the whole of the forum knows that and every other WT supporter not on the forum knows that, but you can bet your balls he will line up in first grade again next week - sad, but true.
Not everyone on the Forum knows that.

Why are you speaking for me.

Of course I didn't realise that everyone else (i.e. 16 players) played so well - it was Rowdy that let in all those tries in , made all the errors, produced all those pathetic kicks and missed all the other players tackles as well.

Get real - we can all pick on one player - this Forum does it continually. Blair and Anasta come to mind - the whipping boys at the moment Rowdy and Sirro.

If your forwards do not win the ruck and go forward it is almost a certainty that you will lose the game - which we have been.

Blame the right people for God's sake. It is the forwards that need the rocket not a totally understrength backline that can't do anything without room to move and no playmaker.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 2:49 pm

state cup for what reason ?the guy should hang up his boots .he is way past first class standard .but he wont ,he will continue to collect his fat pay cheques

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 2:58 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:state cup for what reason ?the guy should hang up his boots .he is way past first class standard .but he wont ,he will continue to collect his fat pay cheques
He will get paid if he plays State Cup in a mentor role like Anasta. Otherwise he can resign now and take Potter's first grade coaching job for 2015. Problem solved.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 3:08 pm

Russell wrote:
Flippedy wrote:I know that, you know that, the whole of the forum knows that and every other WT supporter not on the forum knows that, but you can bet your balls he will line up in first grade again next week - sad, but true.

Of course I didn't realise that everyone else (i.e. 16 players) played so well - it was Rowdy that let in all those tries in , made all the errors, produced all those pathetic kicks and missed all the other players tackles as well.

Get real - we can all pick on one player - this Forum does it continually. Blair and Anasta come to mind - the whipping boys at the moment Rowdy and Sirro.

If your forwards do not win the ruck and go forward it is almost a certainty that you will lose the game - which we have been.

Blame the right people for God's sake. It is the forwards that need the rocket not a totally understrength backline that can't do anything without room to move and no playmaker.

Most of the players were to blame for the debacle last night. However, Lawrence and Sirro were very very bad.

Neither should be picked next week but with the second tier salary cap issues and injuries there seems to be no alternative.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 3:12 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Russell wrote:

Most of the players were to blame for the debacle last night. However, Lawrence and Sirro were very very bad.

Neither should be picked next week but with the second tier salary cap issues and injuries there seems to be no alternative.
Every week im starting to see more and more people seeing Sirro for the player he really is. Definitely not the player so many have tried to build him up to be.

pacman

Post by pacman » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 3:23 pm

Chris Lawrence hasn't been first grade quality since 2011. 3 years on, coaching staff still can't figure this out. Why?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 4:26 pm

There are a few players in the team at present who are either physically or mentally not up to playing NRL right now. I wouldn't say he's done forever but last night was terrible to watch. Looked like a 40 year old