Kurtis Rowe

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Kurtis Rowe

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:23 pm

Was our best despite conceding a few tries. Tried hard, ran hard and was only as defensively poor as the rest of the side. Should take the fullback spot off Moses next week if we aren't about playing favourites. Moses and Austin should have been the halves and Sironen can go and get stuffed.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:26 pm

I like him, good kid. His problem earlier in the yr when he was copping it was that he wasn't Tedesco.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by Snake » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:27 pm

MacDougall wrote:Was our best despite conceding a few tries. Tried hard, ran hard and was only as defensively poor as the rest of the side. Should take the fullback spot off Moses next week if we aren't about playing favourites. Moses and Austin should have been the halves and Sironen can go and get stuffed.
When you have such a defensive liability as Simona on your inside sometimes you do not look to good , but he played pretty strong tonight should of been there last week, I actually think he is a better option at fullback than Moses.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:29 pm

Should of been at fullback, Moses should of been at 5/8. Did ok sought of?

coopy

Unread post by coopy » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:48 pm

I can't agree with the OP. He was found awfully out of position for Wright's second and was pretty easily out jumped for his third. I can't be sure but I thought he was the one who rushed in for his first as well. It was a pretty ordinary game from him. I understand he was playing in a somewhat unfamiliar position but if that's your job then that's the job you have to do

In general, I don't see it yet to be honest. He gets manhandled when returning the ball and apart from one game his positional play wasn't the best either. No doubt the kids got ticker but seems to be a depth player at the moment who will ply his trade well in NSW Cup for the foreseeable future.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:52 pm

One of only a couple of players who had a go I reckon.

MacDougall

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:52 pm

Is it just me or did he look bigger? He didn't get dominated in tackles like he did earlier in the year. I base this thread mainly on the fact that he was one of the only players who managed a tackle break and almost made 100 metres. He would have probably gone the length of the field too if Moga didn't ankle tap him, the kid is very quick. I reckon he's quicker than Tedesco.

pacman

Unread post by pacman » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:57 pm

MacDougall wrote:Is it just me or did he look bigger? He didn't get dominated in tackles like he did earlier in the year. I base this thread mainly on the fact that he was one of the only players who managed a tackle break and almost made 100 metres. He would have probably gone the length of the field too if Moga didn't ankle tap him, the kid is very quick. I reckon he's quicker than Tedesco.
He got slower since he bulked up. Based on NSW cup games this year

coopy

Unread post by coopy » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:59 pm

think I'd back Teddy when fully fit. Who did he run down in the nines - wasn't it Kevin Gordon?

MacDougall

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 11:00 pm

Ah ok. Well yeah maybe he is bigger. He actually didn't look too small to play wing in first grade.

Would have him at fullback next week anyway. He's a better option there than Moses, and Moses is a better option in the halves than Sironen obviously. Play players in their positions!!! Why would you have a five-eighth and fullback, a fullback on the wing and a backrower in the halves!? Potter put the Sheens hat on with this team selection.

MacDougall

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 11:02 pm

coopy wrote:think I'd back Teddy when fully fit. Who did he run down in the nines - wasn't it Kevin Gordon?
He stood up David Mead and ran down Albert Kelly iirc.

I think Tedesco has more acceleration than Rowe, but I think Rowe would be faster over the 100? It'd be close. Tedesco almost got caught by Anthony Don in the nines when he scored that awesome try ... who is actually underratedly quick himself tbh.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by Snake » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 11:05 pm

MacDougall wrote:Ah ok. Well yeah maybe he is bigger. He actually didn't look too small to play wing in first grade.

Would have him at fullback next week anyway. He's a better option there than Moses, and Moses is a better option in the halves than Sironen obviously. Play players in their positions!!! Why would you have a five-eighth and fullback, a fullback on the wing and a backrower in the halves!? Potter put the Sheens hat on with this team selection.
The Reason Moses won't play 5/8 as he can not make a one on one tackle ,he wanted nothing to do with anyone running front on tonight and to be frank would be thrown around like a rag doll. If any want him at 5/8 watch the game again he needs another season in the reggies.

MacDougall

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 11:07 pm

I said the same thing in the run then all of a sudden he took down a rampaging Tariq Sims, so maybe he really did just get bamboozled every other time. What I saw of Moses in NSW cup indicated to me that he's a better defender than Brooks tbh.

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 11:14 pm

Probably the person who performed best tonight was the teams bus driver

The only other positive tonight was that I saw a recently retired ex work colleague get picked out in the kiss cam at half time and he kissed his wonderful wife

Funnily enough he was hosting the box I sat in last time I came up for a Tigers v Cowboys game

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 11:30 pm

Seen him a few times at concord recently and i agree he is looking bigger. Wouldn't rule him out as a potential winger when patty retires at the end of next year. One of the few that had a go tonight..

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

king sirro
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 8:09 am

His decision making in defence made Koro look like a defensive genius. Was Rowe even trying to make the right decisions, because i honestly cant believe how bad he was in this regard.

The rest of his game yeh, he seems to have developed a knack for beating his man regularly.

I couldnt have him on the wing again because he's clueless there.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 8:32 am

king sirro wrote:His decision making in defence made Koro look like a defensive genius. Was Rowe even trying to make the right decisions, because i honestly cant believe how bad he was in this regard.

The rest of his game yeh, he seems to have developed a knack for beating his man regularly.

I couldnt have him on the wing again because he's clueless there.
This is pretty spot on. Run it at Rowe on the wing and you will score. I can't give him a wrap on that performance but to be fair he shouldn't have been on the wing.

tiga4eva
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 8:40 am

For some reason Lulia defended the same way, 20m in from the sideline. Take a tip wingers, STAY ON YOUR WING

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Return to “Round 22: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”