Todd Payten

supercoach

Re: Todd Payten

Post by supercoach » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 10:15 am

When Paytens firing the tigers are firing.Big loss, but unlike in years gone by their are now options. I would like to see Gower given a chance.

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 3:26 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:It's more defensively that we will suffer.
I think he's been up and down in defense. He was good last night while he was on, but he had a few bad misses against Canberra.

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 3:33 pm

innsaneink wrote:
weststigerman wrote:It's a shame for Todd, but I'm not too concerned about losing him. Doesn't make enough metres to be a prop, but he does okay in the backrow without threatening the line. Moors or Cayless can fill in for him.

We lose that ball playing forward, but Heighington has been doing well in that role of late.
Its not his role...we like to promote the ball, throw it around- hes like an extra back/pivot for us...beautiful hands
That's true, but when he's playing in the front row, he needs to help Gibbs and co more. He only played for 38 minutes last night, but made 6 metres. Even as a ball playing forward, it's not good enough.

Like I said, we'll miss his ball playing and his passes before the line, but I think we'll survive.

JOELCORE

Post by JOELCORE » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 5:55 pm

I cant believe some of comments on todd being no big loss to us,he defence and especially his defence on the edges is vital to our team.His go forward and ballplaying skills are also a huge asset and we are a better team when he is out there.Go back and watch the parra game.........................

Gobbs

Post by Gobbs » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 6:08 pm

Wests are always a different team when Payten's in it. Like Hybrid said, defensively is where we will miss the big hombre most. His work around that ruck area is tidy and effective. Wests still have a very young pack and Payten's leadership and experience helps to restore balance to what can be an over zealous, enthusiastic Tigers pack. I for one hope he recovers sooner rather than later.
Still the Official #1 Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness Supporter ©

barrytiger

Post by barrytiger » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 6:32 pm

we are going to miss his defence

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 9:01 pm

Payten is a good defender and has great hands. He doesn't make great meters but will be missed. Galloway will be needed.

To replace Payten, Fulton starts. Bring on another prop onto the bench. The Dogs are being bashed. If Hannant can't make it, that will hurt a lot for them even if some of Hodgson, Paea and Hickey are back.