the last 55 minutes proves we need to pick an actual half

ron burgandy

the last 55 minutes proves we need to pick an actual half

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:36 pm

yeah we can say we lost moltz but they lost thurston and they out scored us in the second half, we had no link between the 7 (who ever that was) and marshall and it killed us, absolutly no fluency. good win but we have to pick a player who is an actual half, because if a thurstonless cowboys team can do that to us we are gonna struggle unless there is some one there who can do some ball playing

so im begging......pleading....... please sheens DONT PUT A MAKESHIFT HALF IN THERE PICK LAZARUS
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:38 pm

Well yes we need a half most teams do and I think we will look at 2 options for mine either Lazarus or Farah

Illek

Post by Illek » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:39 pm

Couldn't agree more.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:40 pm

boonboon wrote:Well yes we need a half most teams do and I think we will look at 2 options for mine either Lazarus or Farah
farah has been tried and failed and since we are up against the dogs i doubt robbie would want to play 7, i mean he played there in the second half and well we looked terrible

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:40 pm

Cold be a blessing in disguise.....cmon down......B.Lazarus.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:40 pm

Honestly I think the petrol missing from the tank was more of an issue in our second 55 performance than Moltzen.

Yes it is a loss and yes I agree we replace a half with a half but we were not even getting the basics right alot of the time, stuffing up second man plays etc.

The Townsville conditions drain a player physically and mentally and getting spanked in the penalties and doing a mountain more defence was the biggest factor in the brain dead second portion

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:41 pm

If Farah is moved from hooker that is RIDICULOUS.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:41 pm

Did you hear what Sheens said at FT...."we will need to manufacture a half for next week"...that means a makeshift halfback will be chosen....not Blake Lazarus or AJ.....

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:42 pm

Yeah - but Marshall wasn't playing well today either. He tightened up at the end of the game but he came up with too many silly plays.

If we had held onto the ball and grinded it out from the start of the 2nd half we would have put a lot more points on.

Still Moltzen there does allow Benji plenty of space out wide beacuse he has the ability to throw a real good long pass.

Cats Fan

Post by Cats Fan » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:42 pm

smeghead wrote:Honestly I think the petrol missing from the tank was more of an issue in our second 55 performance than Moltzen.
Spot on, plus the fact the boys kept pushing the ball too early and turning it over.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:42 pm

alexaki wrote:Did you hear what Sheens said at FT...."we will need to manufacture a half for next week"...that means a makeshift halfback will be chosen....not Blake Lazarus or AJ.....
I don't know about that - he may play Lazarus.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:44 pm

We can only live in hope for a "REAL" half to be picked.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:44 pm

I think that Sheens will pick a half, because he has learned from the Morris days.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:45 pm

smeghead wrote:Honestly I think the petrol missing from the tank was more of an issue in our second 55 performance than Moltzen.

Yes it is a loss and yes I agree we replace a half with a half but we were not even getting the basics right alot of the time, stuffing up second man plays etc.

The Townsville conditions drain a player physically and mentally and getting spanked in the penalties and doing a mountain more defence was the biggest factor in the brain dead second portion
I agree smeg, we had no ball, no field position, lost key players, had a centre on a dodgy knee, ellis loses teeth and gets his nose mashed, we lose toddy....but we hung in, we hung tough, Im very proud of them tonite

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:45 pm

alexaki wrote:Did you hear what Sheens said at FT...."we will need to manufacture a half for next week"...that means a makeshift halfback will be chosen....not Blake Lazarus or AJ.....

well sheens is a fool, blake shadowed for moltz last week so he has to be at the fore front of sheens mind

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:45 pm

Too many tackles to keep the head up, let alone rip into it in attack. Bit hard to score when you're all walking.

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:45 pm

Farah will be named at hooker next week but play at half in my opinion
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:

I agree smeg, we had no ball, no field position, lost key players, had a centre on a dodgy knee, ellis loses teeth and gets his nose mashed, we lose toddy....but we hung in, we hung tough, Im very proud of them tonite

agree with that but like smeg also said the basics were lacking and there was no linkage between marshall and ho ever was playing 7.

the first try we scored is a prime example of the importance of great linkage between the halves