the last 55 minutes proves we need to pick an actual half

hadds75

Re: the last 55 minutes proves we need to pick an actual half

Post by hadds75 » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:47 pm

Cats Fan wrote:
smeghead wrote:Honestly I think the petrol missing from the tank was more of an issue in our second 55 performance than Moltzen.
Spot on, plus the fact the boys kept pushing the ball too early and turning it over.

Yeah.
* Heat conditions
* Strong difference in tackle COUNT
* And having to play the last 60 without payten or moltzen. so effectively playing with 15 which included 2 forwards who arent really minutes men (more just impact players...moors and fafita), and also having to have Fitzhenry there.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:47 pm

I'm pinning my hopes on the fact that Lazo travelled with the team to Canberra when we had halves in doubt.
Surely sheens isn;t that silly as to put fitzhenry or someone similar in there..
Surely.....
surely...
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:48 pm

Tim would not be talking up Lazarus regardless of his decision.

He likes to ease debutants in with as little hoopla and media exposure as possible

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:55 pm

Black Orange White wrote:I think that Sheens will pick a half, because he has learned from the Morris days.
I really hope so. I like to see Blake Lazarus given a go but have a strong felling t hat with Sheens it will be Marshall at half with either Fulton/Flanagan at 5/8; really hope i am wrong about this.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:57 pm

its gotta be blake, it just has to be
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:58 pm

if sheens pick fitzy there im gonna go tonya harding style on fitzy to make sure it dont happen lol

domster9

Post by domster9 » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:08 pm

Lazrus or Taumata and Fitzy on the bench to cover. No brainer dare I say.

Team Tiger

Post by Team Tiger » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:17 pm

Sheens has shown he is capable of some cr*p decisions in the past... My major concerns are that:

(a) Benji will be moved to 1/2 with Fitzhenry to 5/8 :( or
(b) Robbie will be moved to 1/2 :(

For God's sake, please pick a HALF at HALF. Weakening one position to strengthen another just doesn't work.
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:19 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
smeghead wrote:Honestly I think the petrol missing from the tank was more of an issue in our second 55 performance than Moltzen.

Yes it is a loss and yes I agree we replace a half with a half but we were not even getting the basics right alot of the time, stuffing up second man plays etc.

The Townsville conditions drain a player physically and mentally and getting spanked in the penalties and doing a mountain more defence was the biggest factor in the brain dead second portion
I agree smeg, we had no ball, no field position, lost key players, had a centre on a dodgy knee, ellis loses teeth and gets his nose mashed, we lose toddy....but we hung in, we hung tough, Im very proud of them tonite

agree with that but like smeg also said the basics were lacking and there was no linkage between marshall and ho ever was playing 7.

the first try we scored is a prime example of the importance of great linkage between the halves
Do you expect cohesion - or linkage :? - between marshall and the 7 when the 7 in the 2nd half was at times marshall himself, Fitzy & Farah....its one of those things when your main man goes down you make do as best as possible - ad lib

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:20 pm

i think WT should run a competiton where the winner gets to choose their team for one round, i know my squad would look alot different to the one thats gonna be listed next week

Danos

Post by Danos » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:21 pm

Blake was brought down to Canberra on stand-by for Benji. You'd have to assume that he'd be Sheens' first choice for halfback next week.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:23 pm

ron burgandy wrote:i think WT should run a competiton where the winner gets to choose their team for one round, i know my squad would look alot different to the one thats gonna be listed next week

I could imagine some of the teams though.

If that lottery went wrong it would be a disaster

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:23 pm

was at the bret game today Lazarus was ordinary in a game of football that was A for average, a couple of the forwards went okay but the halves were terrible. Didnt catch the wests game so cant comment on their halves.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:23 pm

well ink, the point is the linkage between marshall and his halves partner wasnt there once moltz went down and if the other half is gonna come from within the squad that played tonight we are in big trouble.

you seen to have forgotten how poor we have fared in the halves over the past 4 years because of sheens persistance with makeshift playmeakers partnering marshall. when have we ever looked this good in attack? 2005 maybe? when we had 2 halves in the halves positions

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:24 pm

smeghead wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:i think WT should run a competiton where the winner gets to choose their team for one round, i know my squad would look alot different to the one thats gonna be listed next week

imagine if bug or CT won it lol

towntiger

Post by towntiger » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:25 pm

tiger05 wrote:Yeah - but Marshall wasn't playing well today either. He tightened up at the end of the game but he came up with too many silly plays.

If we had held onto the ball and grinded it out from the start of the 2nd half we would have put a lot more points on.

Still Moltzen there does allow Benji plenty of space out wide beacuse he has the ability to throw a real good long pass.
I dont know what game you were watching but Marshall was fantastic!

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:26 pm

supercoach wrote:was at the bret game today Lazarus was ordinary in a game of football that was A for average, a couple of the forwards went okay but the halves were terrible. Didnt catch the wests game so cant comment on their halves.
Makeshift 5/8 didn't help him today. That and the teams support play has gone out the window since round 2.

Anyway it will be intriguing to see who runs out there Friday night

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:26 pm

smeghead wrote:

Does 'if that lottery went wrong' mean 'if Sheens wins it'?
(1/2 joking as he has improved this season)
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.