Tim Moltzen Interview..."Yeah I'm alright"!!!!

pearce_off

Re: Tim Moltzen Interview..."Yeah I'm alright"!!!!

Post by pearce_off » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 10:43 am

towntiger wrote:I am not sure if people remember but one of our ex players in Steve Georgallis played games after a couple of weeks with a cruciate tear. He ended up finishing his career with no ACL's - rubber man!

Maybe Moltzen will be the same?
I'm pretty sure you can't play without an ACL. I think players can play without a Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) or another type, but competent ACLs are absolutely neccessary.

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:24 pm

bonstonker wrote:geez,a bit optimistic,which is a good thing in times like this.
probably more denial than anything

but i can't remember too many people go down like that untouched and not have major structural damage to the knee.

after reading ayshford was no chance,and seeing him out there without strapping around the knee,maybe we have found a new wonder drug.
It's called confidence.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:34 pm

Just heard its confirmed Moltzen has done his ACL and will be out for the year

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:54 pm

:(
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 1:00 pm

alexaki wrote:Just heard its confirmed Moltzen has done his ACL and will be out for the year
Source? Not denying what you've said as it looked bad.. Poor Tim... this really could've been a defining season for him i think..
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 5:27 pm

It was mentioned on 2GB by Hadley

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 5:34 pm

a real shame, hope his surgery/recovery goes well.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 5:36 pm

yeah i feel for tim , hope it goes all well and he's back sooner than later..
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 7:15 pm

Damn, I was really looking forward to seeing

7. Moltzen
6. Marshall

for an extended period of time (12+ Games), but looks like it won't happen this year :cry:
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 9:25 pm

A bloke in my soccer team has kept on playing despite the doctors saying he needs a knee reconstruction. He hurt it playing rugby 5 weeks age. He iced it and did physio for a few weeks. He has seen the doctor and physiotherapist. Both say he has done his ACL. He has done tests that should mean an ACL-reco. Today he was running around like a made man like it never happened and his 100%.

Whether the doctors are wrong with my mate, or whether my mate is a rubber man, or whether there is a chance for Tim, is the question.

badger

Post by badger » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 10:36 am

Bad, very bad, for our tigers. With Moltz at 7 we win. Does anyone know our win loss ratio with Moltz at 7. Seems we might struggle a bit unless Sheens finds a 7 quickly who can combine with Marshall. I hope super-coach doesn't have a brain explosion and put Marshall at 7. The injurey monster certanly seems to be beating up on us once again but this year we have some more depth so there is some cause for optomism. How do you think Tuiaki would go at 7. Ha Ha. Oh well we have a few very interesting weeks ahead.

MGB

Post by MGB » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 10:46 am

badger wrote:Does anyone know our win loss ratio with Moltz at 7.
I think you will find it is 9 games for 9 wins

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 11:23 am

Allan Towle wrote:A bloke in my soccer team has kept on playing despite the doctors saying he needs a knee reconstruction. He hurt it playing rugby 5 weeks age. He iced it and did physio for a few weeks. He has seen the doctor and physiotherapist. Both say he has done his ACL. He has done tests that should mean an ACL-reco. Today he was running around like a made man like it never happened and his 100%.

Whether the doctors are wrong with my mate, or whether my mate is a rubber man, or whether there is a chance for Tim, is the question.
No the doctors are probably correct that he has done his ACL but it doesnt mean that you cant keep playing, what it means though is that your stability in the knee is much less secure and therefore your more likely to do damage to the cartlige, lateral, medial or PCL. The thing that can help with a ruptured ACL is the overall strength of your Quads especially the VMO muscle which gives stability. However it is pretty crazy to keep playing as the chance of further damage is much more likely and there is no way that a first grade coach would allow his player to continue without the operation.

brad_richo78

Post by brad_richo78 » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 12:06 pm

Theres a bloke playing in the NBA Basketball in America Dejuan Blair whos has played 3 years of college ball and also this whole year in the NBA without either ACL. Interesting read on Wiki.

G. Strombolli

Post by G. Strombolli » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 12:58 pm

They must have interviewed him before the anaesthetic wore off.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 1:29 pm

Is it me being an optimist...but I feel if we can make the finals Moltzen is a chance to play again this year and guide us through to a GF win!...I know...its me being an optimist!!!

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 1:35 pm

One of my ACL's is shot and the surgeon said the same thing. It won't detract from your life as such, the risk of injury to that knee will be greater but as a whole it's not uncommon for people to play with the injury.

In Tim's case though, he's young, is a professional athlete, the advice best given is to get the surgery done.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 2:29 pm

There is some sort of revolutionary new practice which i think involves no operation and only some sort of rehab for ACLs. I'm not 100% sure on the details but i know there's at least 1 AFL player who's used it and got back within about 3 weeks, with no problems wewith mobility etc. I think an NRL player has also used it.
Maybe this is what Timmy's thinkinf? Also the only option is Lazarus at 7. Anything else would be a tragedy. If we have a super talented young halfback who's been contracted for a couple fo years but never played, killing it in lower grades, and an injury crisis at 7, he has to get a go. No players playing out of positions (and a good goal kicker to boot!)