Gallant = Average

softlaw

Re: Gallant = Average

Post by softlaw » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:54 pm

Geeze he must be a great. He's better than Mitch Brown!
Gallant had already asked for a release from his contract to sign a better one before we signed Brown.

Ryan actually made 2 tackle breaks.
He also made 1 offload whereas Shannon made 0
He also made 55 more metres than Shannon.
Shannon missed 2 tackles, Ryan missed 0.
Ryan made more tackles (5-3)
(http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match3158.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

& at the end of the day, Gallant is playing in someone else's jersey.
Madgic!

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:59 pm

Good for you Softy.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:20 am

Shannon was just about the Cowboys most dangerous player. Yes we can survive without him, but the question is should players such as Geoff Daniela and Mitch Brown have been signed for more money than what Shannon was offered ??? I`ll give you the answer and that is a definate "NO". We`ve now moved on, Mitch Brown is going ok and will only get better and we will win the comp without Shannon, but no idea why anyone would want to bag him ?

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:36 am

gallant done well, if his team were on top he would of done better.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:50 am

Everyone on here has their opinion of Gallant, so it's near impossible to convince everyone differently.

My take- his defence is simply a liability. I see a couple of you defend that- someone even said it was 'to be expected', but I'm afraid, a liability like that is going to be exploited. One on one, he's a 2% of stopping someone. Not good enough.

He looks shaky under the high ball, and the Tigers obviously know it, because they continually attacked him with high bombs. And every bomb was defused...with a bobble. For a 1st grade fullback, defusing bombs should be second nature.

Lastly, and the thing I disliked the most about his game- when Farah put that chip in behind the line & Tuquiri was coming hard at the ball, Gallant was the only Cowboy able to get his hands on the ball- the only Cowboy able to effect the play. So what did he do? He held back, let the ball hit the ground- and yelled at his other teammates as if it was their fault. Harden up Gallant & defuse the kick- then yell at your teammates. If tuquiri picks up that kick, with Gallant's 2% defensive success, it's a Tigers try & the game is effectively over. Ask yourselves this- when Beau Ryan didn't put his body on the line last year, where you as forgiving? Would Hodgo have let it bounce & hoped for the best?

Being fast only takes you so far. Darren Clark was fast...look where it got him.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:51 am

Not in a Tigers jersey anymore. Therefor I don't give a rats arse how he plays for his new team.

Our kick chase controlled him tonight. I was happy with our kick chase

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 1:22 am

Chadman's Ghost wrote:Everyone on here has their opinion of Gallant, so it's near impossible to convince everyone differently.

My take- his defence is simply a liability. I see a couple of you defend that- someone even said it was 'to be expected', but I'm afraid, a liability like that is going to be exploited. One on one, he's a 2% of stopping someone. Not good enough.

He looks shaky under the high ball, and the Tigers obviously know it, because they continually attacked him with high bombs. And every bomb was defused...with a bobble. For a 1st grade fullback, defusing bombs should be second nature.

Lastly, and the thing I disliked the most about his game- when Farah put that chip in behind the line & Tuquiri was coming hard at the ball, Gallant was the only Cowboy able to get his hands on the ball- the only Cowboy able to effect the play. So what did he do? He held back, let the ball hit the ground- and yelled at his other teammates as if it was their fault. Harden up Gallant & defuse the kick- then yell at your teammates. If tuquiri picks up that kick, with Gallant's 2% defensive success, it's a Tigers try & the game is effectively over. Ask yourselves this- when Beau Ryan didn't put his body on the line last year, where you as forgiving? Would Hodgo have let it bounce & hoped for the best?

Being fast only takes you so far. Darren Clark was fast...look where it got him.
Glad to see someone else watches the little things in games. The failure to defuse that kick was State Cup quality work. The tantrum afterwards was kindergarten.

TheSunTanSuperman

Post by TheSunTanSuperman » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 1:27 am

I'm glad we got rid of him.

His defence is crap. Not shakey, not average. It is pure garbage. We were a tired, broken team for the last 20 minutes of that game, as 500+ tackles does to you, and he couldn't take advantage of it. He is a state cup bully.

Beau Ryan on the other hand, he has been absolutely fantastic. Safe as a bank, gets in there to do the hard yards and can actually tackle.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 6:59 am

innsaneink wrote:Inglis has been average all year, Benji has been average often, farah more often than not this year, most times Im average at work though I pick up on Fridays as knock off time nears. Sometimes I get a great big mac, most times theyre average. Average is common -very.
Yeah - I agree.

Gallant wasn't bad imo. He is no world beater and he isn't a huge loss. Ryan was also average last night. I think Gallant looked the more dangerous of the two however it was Ryans worst game at fullback so far.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 8:20 am

Gallant looked most likely to break our line. He took every high ball that came to him. I don't really see what was average about his performance in a lethargic and beaten Cowboys side. There is nothing average about Shannon Gallant.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 8:30 am

Yeah, we kept him very quiet there at full-back tonight.

He never looked like making a break off a kick nor did he in general play. I was suprised NQ didn't use him as an attacking weapon close to our line. His speed and acceleration could have caught our defence napping.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 8:41 am

Oh and I think it is time for the group of people who would have creamed their jeans if Gallant would have stopped a try in the fashion that Beau did to Shannon last night to stand up and applaud their new fullback

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 9:20 am

Gallants attack can not be questioned even if we contained him last night but his POSITIONAL play would be the worst of any fullback in the comp. We were constantly finding grass and we never do that. And he was absolutely no where on the Lawrence first try.

For the price we could of kept him I would of, but oh well Id actually prefer Ryan there. Bit more size

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 9:31 am

i'm with Smeg. Who was the Cowboy's fullback last night? Gallant who??
Didn't worry us too much at all and looked like a Hill's Hoist in defense.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford