fitzy fitzy fitzy

tigerstuch

fitzy fitzy fitzy

Post by tigerstuch » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:38 pm

Is anyone sick of him being in the team?
Yes he loves the tigers. But is that worth keeping him in. Before he left he wasn't that good. Afetr three years in England sheens thinks he is still up to it?
He is getting in the road of some young talent

willow

Post by willow » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:41 pm

It's not a case of people being sick of seeing him in the team. The question is whether or not he deserves to be in the team. Based on what I've seen so far this season, he doesn't deserve to be there. He certainly had a role to fill tonight with Moltzen going down injured early, but he's not doing anything special out on the field and came up with a couple of poor errors tonight.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:42 pm

He's a good trainer so i've heard...

Waste of a bench spot.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

alex

Post by alex » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:43 pm

Would rather give someone like Pritchard a chance who's a potential long term proposition in the back line. Brown and Daniella have been tested in first grade and been okay, nothing spectacular. No harm in trying Pritchard IMO.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:49 pm

Woeful as usual.
Starting on the wing is bad enough as seen by his first touch tonight. Moving him into the halves, it almost brings you to tears.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:14 am

Brown dropping the ball leading to the first Cowboys try will probably see Fitzy picked to start on the wing again next week. He did what he had to do tonight considering he was probably expecting to be sitting on the bench until the 76th minute.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:54 am

As some of you will know, I'm Fitzhenry's harshest critic.

But he is nowhere near as bad since returning as he was before leaving. His defence, one-on-one has actually improved since his UK stint. And he isn't making more metres sideways as he is forwards now.

That being said, he's no more than a fringe first grader & I'd prefer to see Daniella given a shot.

TheSunTanSuperman

Post by TheSunTanSuperman » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 1:17 am

People bagging Fitzy for the sake of bagging fitzy.

I'd rather be in a position where he isn't needed in 1st grade, but how anyone can bag him tonight baffles me. He was bought in to be an experienced head defending on the wing, and found himself thrown in at halfback. He did his job with no fuss and like always, put all his effort in.

Like I said pre-season, someone needs to be a scapegoat, hey?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 1:25 am

If you think he played well tonight, you need your eyes checked. Either that, or your standards are very low.

He's such an experienced head on the wing that he can't even catch a pass thrown onto his chest.

TheSunTanSuperman

Post by TheSunTanSuperman » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 1:30 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:If you think he played well tonight, you need your eyes checked. Either that, or your standards are very low.

He's such an experienced head on the wing that he can't even catch a pass thrown onto his chest.
Where did I say he played well?

But anyone saying he was awful is saying just because it's Fitzy, and "we'z gotsta blame someone"

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 1:38 am

TheSunTanSuperman wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:If you think he played well tonight, you need your eyes checked. Either that, or your standards are very low.

Where did I say he played well?

But anyone saying he was awful is saying just because it's Fitzy, and "we'z gotsta blame someone"
Who's blaming him? We won. What's there to blame him for?

He didn't play well, so this thread exists. And the excuse given to as why he's playing (experienced winger) is nothing but s***.

He didn't "do his job with no fuss" when he couldn't even catch a pass put onto his chest.

KingOvKingz09

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 1:41 am

... fitzy...fitzy...fitzy...why are you in the team for.... oh fitzy
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

alien

Post by alien » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 2:03 am

I would rather Pritchard on the wing instead of Brown, Daniela or Fitzy.

I hope we see Tuiaki and Tuqiri on the wings though :)

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 8:29 am

I think its fair to say that most supporters wouldnt have him anywhere near first grade and i totally agree with that sentiment.However the coaching staff see it differently even though there are much better and younger options in most peoples opinion.
Yes he tries his heart out and gives everything but its not enough.

I dread to think where in the top 17 he will be next week.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 9:47 am

he wouldnt get a run in any other nrl team

and to those who said he played well, was it the 2 dumb penalties he gave away or the 2 dropped balls that upgraded him to a "good game"
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:04 pm

How was Fitzy's defence?

How was Fitzy at not getting armchaired and pushing through tackles?

Genuine questions.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

REHAB

Post by REHAB » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:24 pm

TheSunTanSuperman wrote:People bagging Fitzy for the sake of bagging fitzy.

I'd rather be in a position where he isn't needed in 1st grade, but how anyone can bag him tonight baffles me. He was bought in to be an experienced head defending on the wing, and found himself thrown in at halfback. He did his job with no fuss and like always, put all his effort in.

Like I said pre-season, someone needs to be a scapegoat, hey?
People bag fitzy because he doesnt deserve his spot in the team - thats a good enough reason. People bag fitzy because he is plain and simple... CRAP! We are in a position where he isnt needed, he is one of Tim Sheens favoured players who will be selected no matter what. Utility value - there is none, he is a crap winger at best, ball straight at his chest and drops it pfft. We have plenty of talent in the squad and in the lower grades to cover injury. The money spent on fitzy i would prefere to see some juniors get more money. Fitzy had his time, now its time for him to move on and let some young bloke have a go. End of story.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 1:15 pm

senexx wrote:How was Fitzy's defence?

How was Fitzy at not getting armchaired and pushing through tackles?

Genuine questions.
his defence is crap, he stays posted on his wing when there is no one to mark, the tonga try is a good expample of this, he doesnt make good decisions
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods