fitzy fitzy fitzy

Granto87

Re: fitzy fitzy fitzy

Post by Granto87 » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 2:07 pm

he hasn't set the world on fire but it's not his fault he keeps getting selected. Imo he tryed hard last night and has always given his all for us but if he is to stay in team it must be on the bench he seems to be struggling with the pace of the game. Surely he will hang up the boots after this season.

Gobbs

Post by Gobbs » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

It's insulting to a host of NSW Cup players that Fitzhenry is getting the nod before them. As a supporter, that not only concerns me greatly, but disgusts me. This wouldn't occur at any other club, namely because Wests were the only NRL team to express interest in his return. Embarrassing to say the least.
Still the Official #1 Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness Supporter ©

Long Distance Tiger

Post by Long Distance Tiger » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 2:24 pm

He's not first grade material - I nearly had a heart attack when he started playing half back. Sure, he loves the Tigers but so do I and I'm not putting my hand up to play coz I'm just not good enough and neither is he!!

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 3:15 pm

Yeah agree with most but i think hes defence has improved slighty.

What i always hated about fitzhenry is his soft runs and relenting in tackles far to easy.

I do like sheens and wont ever question anything he does cause he knows so much more then any of the fantasy managers on here but this is 1 that baffles me a bit.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 4:02 pm

Gobbs wrote:It's insulting to a host of NSW Cup players that Fitzhenry is getting the nod before them. As a supporter, that not only concerns me greatly, but disgusts me. This wouldn't occur at any other club, namely because Wests were the only NRL team to express interest in his return. Embarrassing to say the least.
We werent just the only team to "express interest",weve given him an armchair ride into the 1st grade 17 regardless of performance or merit,& blissfully ignorant of the need to blood young players for the future.What wld Pritchard,Davis & co think about this guy getting selected week in week out,predominantly to warm the bench (when he's not missing passes and/or tackles),when he contributes so little.
He certainly must have some hold over Sheens,because its logic defying

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 4:14 pm

I dont like to bag the guy but i am sorry to say Dan is well and truly past it and it is time to go. Ihave no doubt he trys is heart out and has been a loyal tiger but to me he looked an old man out there last night and it would pain me to see this tiger go out in this way not being able to keep up and being bagged on this forum no one deserves that so please Dan retire and go out with your head held high

barrytiger

Post by barrytiger » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 7:23 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
senexx wrote:How was Fitzy's defence?

How was Fitzy at not getting armchaired and pushing through tackles?

Genuine questions.
his defence is crap, he stays posted on his wing when there is no one to mark, the tonga try is a good expample of this, he doesnt make good decisions
what you said,just a waste of a bench but sheens will pick him at halfback,i heard sheens say something about manufacturing a halfback for next week,so dont be surprised.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 8:06 pm

TheSunTanSuperman wrote:People bagging Fitzy for the sake of bagging fitzy.

I'd rather be in a position where he isn't needed in 1st grade, but how anyone can bag him tonight baffles me. He was bought in to be an experienced head defending on the wing, and found himself thrown in at halfback. He did his job with no fuss and like always, put all his effort in.

Like I said pre-season, someone needs to be a scapegoat, hey?
I once said the same thing. Sorry he was woeful on Saturday. At wing, at anywhere, just a terrible performance all round. He has to go
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 8:08 pm

Suntan,

It was a woeful performance. Forget the errors, he simply looked like an amateur out there. The reality is that Fitzy wouldnt even dominate a park footy game these days. Never a good player at his best and he is well past his best now. Any other player at the club would have made a far better fist of the predicament last night.
Last edited by southerntiger on Sun 11 Apr, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 8:11 pm

ron burgandy wrote:

Genuine questions.
his defence is crap, he stays posted on his wing when there is no one to mark, the tonga try is a good expample of this, he doesnt make good decisions
Thats not completely true Ron. There was a winger outside Tonga and Fitzy was right to stay on him. Ayshford made a bad miss which Fitzy compounded by also failing to hold Tonga up.

REHAB

Post by REHAB » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 11:47 am

I cant believe people want him in the team because he loves the tigers. If he loves the tigers do us all a favour and move on. Thats the best possible thing you could do for the club.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 4:50 pm

southerntiger wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:

Genuine questions.
Thats not completely true Ron. There was a winger outside Tonga and Fitzy was right to stay on him. Ayshford made a bad miss which Fitzy compounded by also failing to hold Tonga up.

that where you have to make a good decision, "do i leave my centre who has a dodgy knee to handle a one on one tackle with a potent attacking centre or do i wait until he busts through and its to late to stop him"

tonga was 5 metres out and about 6 metres in from touch Fitzy HAD to come in once aysh made first contact, force tonga to slip a miracle pass for a try instead of going over realatively easy, that what i mean by making a good decision and knowing the player, tonga never passes in those situations, he backs himself
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 4:52 pm

I read the thread title and started playing it in my head to the rythym of conga conga conga from The Simpsons. Now I can't get it out of my head

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 5:00 pm

People on here know I dont criticise the Sheens much but I just might start doing so if the Fitz continues to be selected. I honestly think I would have been just as effective out there on Sat night (i.e. useless).

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 5:01 pm

same goes for brown..
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 5:04 pm

Nah Brown hasnt been too bad this year. Had a poor game on Sat night but was well above the Fitz's class.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 5:20 pm

pecking order for wingers should be

lote
tuiaki
ryan
brown
pritchard
daniela
sauvao
fitzy

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 5:21 pm

southerntiger wrote:Nah Brown hasnt been too bad this year. Had a poor game on Sat night but was well above the Fitz's class.

besides the dropped bomb he ran well again, you can accept one mistake but not 4 like fitzy had