Very Good Win

Vicious

Very Good Win

Post by Vicious » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:50 pm

Whatever way you want to look at it, this was a very good win. We went into the game with plenty of players carrying injuries, we had further injuries throughout the game, did plenty of tackling, but still kept plugging away and basically out toughed the Cowboys. Losing Timmy Moltzen is a big blow, but we are lucky we have players such as Blake Lazarus, Robert Lui and possibly Arana Taumata who can all fill the void more than capably.
On a positive note, Benji continued his brilliant form, young Blake Ayshford played tough considering his injury problems and the most pleasing aspect for mine was that Bryce Gibbs, Liam Fulton and Chris Heighington all appear to be in career best form. Those 3 blokes are giving their all each and every minute they have a Wests Tigers jersey on and I for one am really appreciating it. How good is Gareth, he`s made of granite and am more and more impressed with Andrew Fifita every time I see him play.
It wasn`t a pretty win, but it was a tough win and i`ve seen nothing to say we aren`t the best side in the comp.
Forgot to mention Chris Lawrence. I was very disappointed in his game against the Roosters in round 2, but apart from that he has been great and tonight stamped himself as a genuine front runner to play for NSW this season.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:56 pm

We showed a lot of character. Ellis is a legend, playing busted like that. Our defence was excellent overall. Particularly Ayshford. Heightington had a stormer and Farah and Marshall did enough. Very good win although the second half wasn't a great spectacle. Injuries and refs didn't help. We showed ticker and that will make any Tiger fan happy.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:03 am

Agreed with all of the above.
Thank you Steve Folkes!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:27 am

Eddie wrote:We showed a lot of character. Ellis is a legend, playing busted like that. Our defence was excellent overall. Particularly Ayshford. Heightington had a stormer and Farah and Marshall did enough. Very good win although the second half wasn't a great spectacle. Injuries and refs didn't help. We showed ticker and that will make any Tiger fan happy.
Couldn't have said it better myself Eddie.

Ellis is a legend. Hope he's right to go next week, but if a broken nose and missing tooth can't keep him out tonight, he should be right to go against the Dogs.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:33 am

and on top of the ladder - bulldogs will be licking their wounds - watch out ben barba - the benji show is coming to town
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 12:51 am

What a proud performance it was. We did it tough up there. The preparation seems to have been pretty unsettled and we had to make a lot of tackles and play out of our own end most of the night. I thought we defended well . One try off a bomb, another Tonga had to go around us and the grub Watts scores late off a dummy half effort.Good signs defensively.

If Steve Folkes has done one thing he appears to have made us mentally tougher.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 2:12 am

Yeah I think Folkes has made them tougher physically and mentally.

Considering how many tackles we had to make I think our defense was good.

I heard Payten could be out for a month or 2. Galloway better be back against the Dogs.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 8:16 am

A solid win, but we could have put them to bed early in the second half with Thurston injured and O'Donnell in the bin and also some field position early in that second half.

During the period in which O'Donnell was off, I think they scored one try getting it back within 10 and although we still had plenty of time and a big lead, i thought that maybe they were finding some holes in our up until then great defence.

I thought our attack was solid without being spectacular, as we know the cowboys aren't the best defensive side in the league and 23 points was below our usually great attacking standards.

I thought Benji really stepped up with the kicking duties when Moltzen left the field. Although Gallant looked fairly comfortable under the high balls, I think around about 70% were IMO aimed beautifully
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 9:02 am

Very pleased.

Blokes injured left/right and centre and we guttsed it out.

Like a top 8 team is expected to do.....like a flashy only team cant.

Game on.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 9:08 am

Very gutsy win, feels a little like a loss with the injuries though

norm

Post by norm » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 5:20 pm

I just like the way we gutsed this game out, we are even winning the games where we are favorites to win, these are the ones that have previously worried me.