PLaying with 16 men

Post Reply
tiki

PLaying with 16 men

Post by tiki » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 7:14 am

We all bag tim sheens about never giving his 17th player much game time! or a playing a back on the bench! but last night losing motlzen early in the game , we were actually prepared for it! we had fitzy on the bench and really we have been playing with 16 players for most of the season! so it is not such a bad idea after all!


hadds75
Member
Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by hadds75 » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 9:23 am

I Disagree that its a good decisoiin playing a back on the bench. We could of very easily just moved Fulton to five eigth and left the back 5 how it was and brought on another forward and I dont think wed be any worse.

My major beef with picking a back is itz Fitzhenry or even Brown. If you want to pick a back on the bench, you want someone whose an imapct player almost, who when they come on everyones like "oh gee hes on", cause you can notice a difference in intensity of htat player.

When Fitzhenry comes on he looks like hes been on for 75 minutes as he is just as slow as everyone ese on the field etc.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 11:13 am

To Tiki, No man IMO you are wrong there.
Sheen's hopeless use of his bench nearly cost us last night - when the injuries started hitting he was forced to give guys more game time than he normally would have...problem was that the fact he gives them so little time normally meant that they didnt look match fit enough and were found out a bit.
The boys had to do a lot of work last night, mainly due to their own stuff ups with dropped ball or lazy penalties and some of them looked very lethargic.
I agree that we need a game breaker on the bench who plays the back 15 of each half. Fitzy is not the man.

User avatar
Peaches
Member
Member
Posts: 2876
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: Mount Pritchard

Post by Peaches » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 8:41 pm

If you are a back on the bench, you need to be as effective as Ben Barba.

You don't plan for injuries. As said, Fulton could shift to five-eigth for the match.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 11:54 am

hadds75 wrote:I Disagree that its a good decisoiin playing a back on the bench. We could of very easily just moved Fulton to five eigth and left the back 5 how it was and brought on another forward and I dont think wed be any worse.

My major beef with picking a back is itz Fitzhenry or even Brown. If you want to pick a back on the bench, you want someone whose an imapct player almost, who when they come on everyones like "oh gee hes on", cause you can notice a difference in intensity of htat player.

When Fitzhenry comes on he looks like hes been on for 75 minutes as he is just as slow as everyone ese on the field etc.
Well said,couldn't agree more,AJ is that man,not Mr Fitzhenry.
Go hard or go home


User avatar
tigerdre
Member
Member
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:49 am

Post by tigerdre » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 12:50 pm

851 wrote:
hadds75 wrote:I Disagree that its a good decisoiin playing a back on the bench. We could of very easily just moved Fulton to five eigth and left the back 5 how it was and brought on another forward and I dont think wed be any worse.

My major beef with picking a back is itz Fitzhenry or even Brown. If you want to pick a back on the bench, you want someone whose an imapct player almost, who when they come on everyones like "oh gee hes on", cause you can notice a difference in intensity of htat player.

When Fitzhenry comes on he looks like hes been on for 75 minutes as he is just as slow as everyone ese on the field etc.
Well said,couldn't agree more,AJ is that man,not Mr Fitzhenry.
I think Taumata is the only player in our squad that could play that Ben Barba x-factor back line type of role
Any one else would be a waste.In saying that we don't play a style where we have to give our backs a rest & if we are going to carry a back on the bench that is really only there to cover for backline injuries,i would rather Fitzhenry over anyone else because 9 times out of 10 they would only be playing 5 minutes max & that would be a backward step to the development of a player like Taumata or Lazarus or like we saw last season with Hanbury.
If it was up to me I would play with 4 forwards with either Fulton or Flanagan covering the back
We have a 17 man squad each week, lets use every player

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5722
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 12 Apr, 2010 2:24 pm

tigerdre wrote: If it was up to me I would play with 4 forwards with either Fulton or Flanagan covering the back
We have a 17 man squad each week, lets use every player
I like this Idea in the Interim until R Lui returns.
UTT - Up The Tigers

Post Reply