To go or Not to go ...... that is the question ...

supercoach

Re: To go or Not to go ...... that is the question ...

Post by supercoach » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 1:41 pm

genoshan wrote:Nice that Balmain area got an extra game this year ... No wonder the Macarthur area feel like the poor country cousin.

And people wonder why this club is in turmoil????people just cant let go. We have far more important things to worry about at present than the inner sydney vrs south west sydney thing or the tigers vrs magpie thing. I find it hard to see a road forward when so many people just want to turn everything around straight back to all the old arguments!!!!!

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 3:14 pm

Agree /100 supercoach. Its about time some supporters on here leave the past where it belongs, start living for the now and look forward to the future. Enough of this crap about the past JV. There's only Wests Tigers. Get used to it!

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 5:08 pm

I won't be attending. It's been on my mind all week but I can't attend.

Seeing all this crap being leaked to the media, Potter getting sacked then not getting sacked, editing video's as well as telling Farah not to go to the Presser but leaving him hang out to dry until he broadcast that message on Twitter, the board room struggles, etc. It's all a bit sickening to be honest.

I feel bad for the players, as we've got injuries (why so many injuries though? Surely S & C should be looked into) and I have no doubt they'll try their guts out.

I'm a gold Member, been so for 7 years so it's not like I'm not renewing next year or hating the club.

I feel powerless. This club that I love is an absolute basket case at the moment, and what can I do? The only thing I feel I can do is not attend. I sincerely hope the club get's a crowd of 3000 on Saturday night. I'll be attending every home game moving forward, but I have to say something that they'll listen to. I hate that they can make these stupid decisions and complete jeapordise a finals series for us but then put the players on a video begging us to go and making us feel guilty if we don't.

I just can't do it this week, and I hope there are others who feel and do the same that I do.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 5:18 pm

6K max

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 6:00 pm

Was goint to go, already have tix...however junior is now working Sat nite and somehow I volunteered to be chauffer at knock off time
Too bad rain forecast....though we have had some upsets in the wet at LO so could be a good omen

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 7:11 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
genoshan wrote:Nice that Balmain area got an extra game this year ... No wonder the Macarthur area feel like the poor country cousin.
I believe the decision to move this game was made by the NRL, not the club, correct me if I'm wrong?

But, it's easier to start the Balmain vs. Wests garbage again. Any wonder this club is a joke when people have this mentality.

Just look at his avatar, says it all.
People with that sort of mentality aren't wanted.

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 7:13 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:6K max
And still would be bigger than most Campbelltown crowds this year, I live in the bush and If I didn't have to work on Saturday Night I would make a huge effort in attending, get behind us 'fans'!.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 7:16 pm

Here we go again....

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 8:04 pm

GoldXR50Leroy wrote:
And still would be bigger than most Campbelltown crowds this year I live in the bush and If I didn't have to work on Saturday Night I would make a huge effort in attending, get behind us 'fans'!.
Ctown hasn't drawn less then 6k this yr, still though i don't see what Ctown has to do with anything.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 8:53 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
GoldXR50Leroy wrote:
And still would be bigger than most Campbelltown crowds this year I live in the bush and If I didn't have to work on Saturday Night I would make a huge effort in attending, get behind us 'fans'!.
Ctown hasn't drawn less then 6k this yr, still though i don't see what Ctown has to do with anything.
No doubt it will be a small crowd, if we had one or two more wins under our belt it would be a very very good crowd.

Coming of last weeks shocker won't help things, but it still won't stop the trolls on here getting the daggers out.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 9:04 pm

Just everyone go and appreciate you have a team you can support that's within a hour or two's travel every week

Give me Wests Tigers or give me death

Support our team and be loud and proud about it

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 9:13 pm

Won't be able to make it as I am in the Blue Mountains for my mother in laws birthday. However even if were in Sydney I would probably be at the pub allowing me to watch this game and the wallabies match at the same time I'd say and I would think many will be the same - given the option of standing in the cold and mayby wet on the grass or in a warm pub or house and get to watch the wallabies as well as the tigers most will choose the 2nd. The NRL should have thought this through when it was moved away from ANZ and moved it to somewhere else outside of Sydney or to the Sat afternoon at least

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 9:52 pm

Muffstar wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
GoldXR50Leroy wrote:
No doubt it will be a small crowd, if we had one or two more wins under our belt it would be a very very good crowd.

Coming of last weeks shocker won't help things, but it still won't stop the trolls on here getting the daggers out.
What daggers?

Lovemytigers

Post by Lovemytigers » Fri 15 Aug, 2014 6:44 pm

Come on people, now is the time to stand up and be counted!

Like last year under similar circumstances; the team had lost 7 in a row,a horrible night for weather and lovely Leichhardt oval.....we came in very small numbers but the sheer swell of people power screamed our beloved team home! A night that I will not soon forget..

The true test of a person character is how they stand during test of adversity - Unknown

LCA

Post by LCA » Fri 15 Aug, 2014 6:45 pm

GoldXR50Leroy wrote:
And still would be bigger than most Campbelltown crowds this year, I live in the bush and If I didn't have to work on Saturday Night I would make a huge effort in attending, get behind us 'fans'!.
Well, I'm going. So I hope you don't bother making the effort after your ridiculous comment.

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Fri 15 Aug, 2014 6:57 pm

If you can, why wouldn't you?
The pre-season's almost upon us again.
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 10:36 pm

Looks like I made the wrong decision ... The Wests Tigers are a hard team to follow ... It takes a special type of fan to keep turning up.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:17 am

No
Right decision
You got to give yourself a rap.
Its what the whole thread was about eh?
Didnt get too wet for you in the grandstand did it?
Yep...a special fan