To go or Not to go ...... that is the question ...

Knuckles

To go or Not to go ...... that is the question ...

Post by Knuckles » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 10:58 am

Usually I would be looking forward to going to see the Roosters this weekend at Leichhardt. But after the goings on of the last month, I don't know whether I will or I won't. I have my season ticket ....... but I want to be entertained and have a good night out ........ not witness another half hearted massacre.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 11:06 am

Knuckles wrote:Usually I would be looking forward to going to see the Roosters this weekend at Leichhardt. But after the goings on of the last month, I don't know whether I will or I won't. I have my season ticket ....... but I want to be entertained and have a good night out ........ not witness another half hearted massacre.
Sorry Knuckles , but supporting your club is like a marriage

Through sickness and in health

Til death do us part

You are a WT's fan no matter what is happening both on and off field Support them with all of your heart

I knew what was probably coming when we went to Townsville on the weekend (well not to that degree :shock: )

Get out and support your side and be thankful that your footy day will be over worst case 5-6 hours , not 3 days

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 11:07 am

I will be going.

I don't know why. I guess I have witnessed worse times and you never do know.

That and if all goes as worst fears dictate I am close to some quality drinking establishments

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 11:07 am

I won't be going , I'd rather watch re-runs of better homes and gardens !

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Offical member of the MCK fan club.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 12:04 am

Was hopping i would have the night off. But that's not to be. Working as a nurse entails a lot of shift work. Would be at the game with the family otherwise for sure. Good luck to the boys on Saturday night. Hope they play with heart.

Gray

Post by Gray » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 7:15 am

The players basically got on their knees and begged us with that video.

They need us at the moment as much as we need them to start performing. And as Happy said, through sickness and in health. We gotta stick by them.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 7:41 am

Half the team out injured, coming off a 60 pt flogging, up against the premiers & the forecast is pissing rain. You bet I'll be there, can't wait.

Get stuck in Tigers!!

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 8:32 am

Let's hope our players show at least the same heart and spirit as the fans who are going to see and cheer for them on Saturday no matter what has happened in the last few weeks. Our fans can get our boys over the line at Leichhardt. It has happened before.

Juro

Post by Juro » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 8:51 am

I went into the games vs Souths and the Bulldogs with no expectation of getting a win, and was pleasantly surprised. There is always a chance, even if only slim...

This will be my kids' first game at Leichhardt. Hoping for a bit of atmosphere!
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

EndlessPassion

Post by EndlessPassion » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 9:45 am

Been thinking about not going worse 2 minutes of my life. Of course we should all go don't want that telecrap to start questioning the passion of the wests tigers supporters, which you know they will if we get a bad crowd.

EndlessPassion

Post by EndlessPassion » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 9:45 am

Been thinking about not going worse 2 minutes of my life. Of course we should all go don't want that telecrap to start questioning the passion of the wests tigers supporters, which you know they will if we get a bad crowd.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 10:28 am

EndlessPassion wrote:Been thinking about not going worse 2 minutes of my life. Of course we should all go don't want that telecrap to start questioning the passion of the wests tigers supporters, which you know they will if we get a bad crowd.

I don't think the Tele will question the crowd, it will come from people on this forum, who will have a dig at what will more than likely be a smallish turnout imo.

genoshan

Post by genoshan » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 10:30 am

Nice that Balmain area got an extra game this year ... No wonder the Macarthur area feel like the poor country cousin.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:05 am

genoshan wrote:Nice that Balmain area got an extra game this year ... No wonder the Macarthur area feel like the poor country cousin.
I believe the decision to move this game was made by the NRL, not the club, correct me if I'm wrong?

But, it's easier to start the Balmain vs. Wests garbage again. Any wonder this club is a joke when people have this mentality.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 12:04 pm

if you are asking, knuckles, then the answer is already there. Let's not turn into Souff's supporters...

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 12:35 pm

Knuckles i understand where your coming from and understand what your saying , if financially your o.k to spend a day out at the Footy i don't see why ?, i know you will say how we have been performing .....
If we all had the mentality to go out there when we are winning and don't show up when we lose $$$$ eventually we would not be able to survive in the League , that is why the Rabbitohs have the most memberships because they have been Hurt big time with there side kicked out of the Comp . Let's not take our great club for granted as they say you "don't know what you have till it's gone ".
I was a Season Ticket holder for 7 years in a row before i moved away from Sydney and believe me i miss the Tigers so much .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 12:44 pm

Ok ....... you've all given me the rev up that i needed ...... thanks !

I'm starting to think Leichhardt, wet night ........ you just never know :)

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 1:33 pm

Last home game I almost decided it wasn't worth it was vs Melbourne in 2004

That is a match that will forever live in the folklore of Wests Tigers.

You can't pass up on the chance