Very disappointed James

Tbone

Re: Very disappointed James

Post by Tbone » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 6:14 am

When you think about all the hard-luck stories you hear about this bloke (former gang member, working in the sewers, always injured) you'd think that he would take his chances a bit more seriously. Oh well...some people just suck at life.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 7:40 am

Just look at Todd Carney. Once an idiot, always an idiot. Most aren't going to get their act together just cos they might be on their last chance. Its in their DNA to be wankers.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:25 am

Gavet out
Lodge in.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:53 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Just look at Todd Carney. Once an idiot, always an idiot. Most aren't going to get their act together just cos they might be on their last chance. Its in their DNA to be wankers.
For every Todd Carney and James Gavet there are probably another 3 or 4 players at every club close to getting marched. It's a money and ego driven business with sometimes very little real consequence for your actions mentality. Club bosses and player managers tend to brush a lot under the carpet to keep players happy.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:56 am

I don't like this guy now. Just a poor effort.

Jux

Post by Jux » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 2:05 pm

I was surprised Potter let him play against the Storm watching him running thru the gates less than half an hour before the game. Unacceptable for a professional.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 2:56 pm

I was surprised by how well Buchanan went last night. He's been probably the best player in our NSW cup team all year too. Considering we have Buchanan, Lodge, Brown and a few other decent props down in the lower grades I don't think Gavet is a huge loss. Lodge is probably already better than him anyway. I'd punt him and put someone in the side who wants to be there. Woods, Galloway, Taupau, Seumanufagai, Lodge, Buchanan, Brown and Graham are all contracted to the NRL side next year so we should be fine.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 2:58 pm

has there been anything official yet?
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 3:00 pm

No but he isn't signed for next year I don't think, and I doubt he will be now.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 3:07 pm

cqtiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Just look at Todd Carney. Once an idiot, always an idiot. Most aren't going to get their act together just cos they might be on their last chance. Its in their DNA to be wankers.
For every Todd Carney and James Gavet there are probably another 3 or 4 players at every club close to getting marched. It's a money and ego driven business with sometimes very little real consequence for your actions mentality. Club bosses and player managers tend to brush a lot under the carpet to keep players happy.

That's one reason why our first grade players are playing so unprofessionally and without heart. They see this sort of stuff tolerated within the club and ask themselves "Why should I bust myself?"

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 3:12 pm

Tbone wrote:When you think about all the hard-luck stories you hear about this bloke (former gang member, working in the sewers, always injured) you'd think that he would take his chances a bit more seriously. Oh well...some people just suck at life.
you both are being a tad harsh.

you need to look at how much he's achieved compared to the people he grew up with.

idk how many second or third chances he deserves or he's gonna get but as long as he's contracted to the tigers, the club and the supporters need to back him and provide him any help wherever possible.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 3:17 pm

MacDougall wrote:I was surprised by how well Buchanan went last night. He's been probably the best player in our NSW cup team all year too. Considering we have Buchanan, Lodge, Brown and a few other decent props down in the lower grades I don't think Gavet is a huge loss. Lodge is probably already better than him anyway. I'd punt him and put someone in the side who wants to be there. Woods, Galloway, Taupau, Seumanufagai, Lodge, Buchanan, Brown and Graham are all contracted to the NRL side next year so we should be fine.
If Jack had Gavet's ability he'd be a world beater. One has amazing ability and a horrible attitude, the other has little ability with a superstar attitude.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 3:39 pm

I appreciate the sentiment but Buchanan isn't totally without ability. He's got a sound defensive technique and has developed late footwork at the line as shown when he beat the first man on more than one occasion last night. But you're right, it is his attitude that will get him far. That and his tank. He doesn't seem to get tired.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 4:56 pm

sorry I'm not sure if its been mentioned but what did he do ?

Also I'm pretty sure earlier in the year Mayer stated that we took up a 1 year extension on him for the 2015 season. Can anyone confirm this ?
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 7:04 pm

MacDougall wrote:I appreciate the sentiment but Buchanan isn't totally without ability. He's got a sound defensive technique and has developed late footwork at the line as shown when he beat the first man on more than one occasion last night. But you're right, it is his attitude that will get him far. That and his tank. He doesn't seem to get tired.
He's a guy who will work hard, but isn't going to break a game open. Handy player to have for depth but won't reach the levels of Woods or Taupau. Probably the kind of guy who could be made NSW Cup captain, and his job would be to instill a good attitude into the kids as they come through.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 7:17 pm

Gavet is a natural leader and when he gets it right as per earlier in the season, the forwards really fired and dominated Souths,Manly etc. We need him with his head in the right place. I hope the staff at Wests Tigers can manage it with him,

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 7:22 pm

Hmm probably too soon to call him a career reserve grader imo. David Gower didn't lock down a first grade gig until he was much older than Jack Buchanan and Jy Hitchcox turns 25 tomorrow and debuted yesterday! I think we forget that he's only 22. Petero Civoniceva debuted at 22 as a centre and didn't play Origin until he was 25. Jack has played 26 first grade games already!

To put it in perspective at the end of last year Mick Potter said that he wouldn't be fully developed for THREE MORE YEARS. We're only one more year down.

ball main

Post by ball main » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 7:32 pm

Gavet showed up to the storm game 25 minutes before kick off. Potter should have dropped him the next week. That's only 1 reason why potter will never be a successful coach. He's got no balls to drop under performing players