A tiger fan's era of discontent

Tigerfan

A tiger fan's era of discontent

Unread post by Tigerfan » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 9:45 pm

I was born at Balmain hospital so you can say I have tiger blood running through my veins. The days of old I remember with fond memories, Gary Jack, Siro, Junior, Brasher etc. Fast forward to the super league era and the formation of the Wests Tigers I eagerly awaited a new era for the Tigers which culminated in 2005 with the premiership. Since then we lost many of our players from that year, but I continued to support. Since then we did not make the finals again till 2010, but I continued to support. Since then we had infighting with Benji, Sheens, but I continued to support. Since 2011 season we lost Fifita, Gibbs, Heighington, Steve Folkes, etc. and I made a stand to not renew my membership. I would still go to games and still support my team but there was a rising discontent building especially after our woeful 2012 and 2013 seasons. This year however, the discontent has turned to apathy. Apathy for the performance of the team I have followed since birth. I am fed up of the behind the scenes affecting our play on the field. I am fed up with the poor decisions of management year in and year out affecting the team's performance. We decide to recruit a CEO who fell out with board members from his previous club into a club that has a fragmented board. Board members agree to decide the future of the coach as we are gaining momentum into the back end of the year. I could list disappointing after disappointing decisions made by the Tigers which has culminated in me writing this note during the back end of the game against the roosters, why? Because I honestly could not care to watch the result of the game. This is what happens after years of discontent, this is the result of failure after failure from senior management to get their house in order, this is the result of heart breaking after heart breaking results from a club that has so much potential. So as I sit here, not knowing the final result, but sure it was another lopsided one, I make one last impassioned plea to the powers that be at the Tigers. I will be a tiger for life, but if the decisions of senior management, player agents, senior players, continues affecting the performance and morale of the club, I may not care to rush after work to watch tiger's games whether live or at home. I may not care for the ups and down week in and week out of the club I have followed for so long, I just may give in to the era of discontent.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 9:49 pm

paragraph's would be good TLDR
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:30 am

Tigerfan wrote:I was born at Balmain hospital so you can say I have tiger blood running through my veins. The days of old I remember with fond memories, Gary Jack, Siro, Junior, Brasher etc. Fast forward to the super league era and the formation of the Wests Tigers I eagerly awaited a new era for the Tigers which culminated in 2005 with the premiership. Since then we lost many of our players from that year, but I continued to support. Since then we did not make the finals again till 2010, but I continued to support. Since then we had infighting with Benji, Sheens, but I continued to support. Since 2011 season we lost Fifita, Gibbs, Heighington, Steve Folkes, etc. and I made a stand to not renew my membership. I would still go to games and still support my team but there was a rising discontent building especially after our woeful 2012 and 2013 seasons. This year however, the discontent has turned to apathy. Apathy for the performance of the team I have followed since birth. I am fed up of the behind the scenes affecting our play on the field. I am fed up with the poor decisions of management year in and year out affecting the team's performance. We decide to recruit a CEO who fell out with board members from his previous club into a club that has a fragmented board. Board members agree to decide the future of the coach as we are gaining momentum into the back end of the year. I could list disappointing after disappointing decisions made by the Tigers which has culminated in me writing this note during the back end of the game against the roosters, why? Because I honestly could not care to watch the result of the game. This is what happens after years of discontent, this is the result of failure after failure from senior management to get their house in order, this is the result of heart breaking after heart breaking results from a club that has so much potential. So as I sit here, not knowing the final result, but sure it was another lopsided one, I make one last impassioned plea to the powers that be at the Tigers. I will be a tiger for life, but if the decisions of senior management, player agents, senior players, continues affecting the performance and morale of the club, I may not care to rush after work to watch tiger's games whether live or at home. I may not care for the ups and down week in and week out of the club I have followed for so long, I just may give in to the era of discontent.
Feel better now " tigerfan?" Isn't it great to have this forum to vent our frustrations out on ;)

laufoofan

Unread post by laufoofan » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:43 am

Tigerfan, well said. I think the West Tigers will have to get their finances in order first before anything else.We need to clear out the ineffective board, a contaminated CEO and Coach before anything else.

Tigertigertiger

Unread post by Tigertigertiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:08 am

Hang in there as it will turn soon and remember the ups when your down.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:17 am

Tigertigertiger wrote:Hang in there as it will turn soon and remember the ups when your down.
I'm not so sure

Every season since inception we prove that we have a maximum of about 15 good games in us a season

Clubs like Manly pump out at least 20 good winning performances every season

I'm sick of hearing about potential , it means very little if it never eventuates

You can't just rely on your junior nursery , you need to bring players in that will help these young kids

No one wants to come to the Tigers and performances like the last two weeks just drive any potential signings further away

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”