Martin Taupau

Tigermama

Martin Taupau

Post by Tigermama » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 10:18 pm

At the hospital i work at, one of my patients i was attending too was watching the tigers game. I was disappointed at the scoreline but not surprised. What surprised me and angered me was watching Taupau laughing, carrying on like he was on the winning team and being chummy with the two roosters forwards and their trainer, instead of hanging his head in shame for his teams performance and going up to the few remaining supporters and apologising to them. To me it seemed like he didn't give a damn. Was anyone else upset by that or am i the only one :(

tottie

Post by tottie » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 10:22 pm

Tigermama wrote:At the hospital i work at, one of my patients i was attending too was watching the tigers game. I was disappointed at the scoreline but not surprised. What surprised me and angered me was watching Taupau laughing, carrying on like he was on the winning team and being chummy with the two roosters forwards and their trainer, instead of hanging his head in shame for his teams performance and going up to the few remaining supporters and apologising to them. To me it seemed like he didn't give a damn. Was anyone else upset by that or am i the only one :(
Your not alone!!!

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 10:30 pm

Definitely not alone...

Really makes me... :rant
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 10:57 pm

I agree wAt u saying. But in nth qld. They showed him on th bench at end of game he looked shattered and I thought geez he gives a damn. So he is probably over it He put in tonight though

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:08 pm

And the real scary thing

We were technically still in Top 8 contention

What happens the next 3 weeks ??

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:14 pm

It is probable not a good look ,but he puts in every game and he just might be a happy friendly kind of guy ...not his fault that most of his team mates have no heart and should hang there heads.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:22 pm

This is the worst thing by far. Don't go laughing and having fun with the opposing team if you've just been smashed, very disrespectful to the fans.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:13 am

It's very disrespectful i agree. I've never seen teams like Storm or Manly act like that after a small loss let alone a thrashing. Bellamy would go ape. And Toovy would want an "investigation." We definitely need a change of attitude at the club, a harder approach needs to be taken by the coaching stuff, CEO and board to make this team in to winners.The sooner the better.

ulluru22

Post by ulluru22 » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:20 am

Get over it boys, as far as I saw was Taupau having a laugh with some of his team mates from the Kiwi test side.
What else u think he suppose to do??
Or better off, what would u guys do??
He would be disappointed don't u worry about it!!

"A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man"
Don Corleone, The Godfather.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:31 am

We as fans overvalue ourselves.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 1:14 am

ulluru22 wrote:Get over it boys, as far as I saw was Taupau having a laugh with some of his team mates from the Kiwi test side.

Wrong time and place for a laugh after that performance. " go acknowledge the few remaining fans first, sign and take a few photos with some of the kids that were allowed to go and watch in this weather. Catch up and have a laugh with your mates off field. I like Taupau as a player and seems like a good man but it didn't go down well with me.

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 6:25 am

The same friendly banter happens between players from other teams after most games regardless of the scoreline. You just don't notice it because you don't have an emotional connection with those other teams.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 6:50 am

happy tiger wrote:And the real scary thing

We were technically still in Top 8 contention

What happens the next 3 weeks ??

Technically yes, but the players aren't stupid. They know when you have to win everything and start relying on others losing everything, it's over.

The season was over after the Bulldogs game when nobody quashed the Potter speculation and it escalated to the story it became. It must have been terribly disheartening to have your season sabotaged by your own club. Only we can/would do that!

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 7:12 am

Taupau was the only forward to punch through the Roosters, so i dont mind what he did. If he didnt have a go then i would be filthy but he did.

Sometimes when your team is soundly beaten but the opposition didnt get it over you personally, you feel a nice satisfaction about yourself. He matched the Roosters pack on his own so he can smile.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:54 am

ulluru22 wrote:Get over it boys, as far as I saw was Taupau having a laugh with some of his team mates from the Kiwi test side.
Yep. Plus he put in out there.
king sirro wrote:Taupau was the only forward to punch through the Roosters, so i dont mind what he did. If he didnt have a go then i would be filthy but he did.

Sometimes when your team is soundly beaten but the opposition didnt get it over you personally, you feel a nice satisfaction about yourself. He matched the Roosters pack on his own so he can smile.
He should be getting praised on here for that effort rather than copping it.

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:35 am

Taupau has always played well in the past. Against the rooster's pack, he did not show up as much. I hope he can continue to exert his authority in the pack. He could be a future leader if he can proved himself a bit more and influence any game, like the way Matai of Manly does.I think a person with Taupau's ability can dictate a game and even determined the reults of a game.He can tear into any forwards pack, break tackles and motivate his own pack.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:45 am

Can't go along with any player laughing and carrying on immediately after an effort like that.
He does seem like a nice guy and puts in every game.
Maybe someone will have a word in his ear and let him know it's not a good look to show to your suffering fans.
Personally,after a result like that I would shake hands and get off the field as quickly as I could to hide the shame and anger I would (deservedly) be feeling.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:03 am

No different to seeing a player score a try with a poker face on.

I hate seeing players high 5 and carry on after being thrashed, as a fan it annoys me though I'm sure all the boys are shattered as well.