Martin Taupau

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Re: Martin Taupau

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:21 am

Tbone wrote:The same friendly banter happens between players from other teams after most games regardless of the scoreline. You just don't notice it because you don't have an emotional connection with those other teams.
I have never seen Storm or Manly players do that after a big loss (not that they have had any that big, that i can recall recently). They usually hurry back to the sheds after shaking hands.


Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:31 am

stevetiger wrote:
ulluru22 wrote:Get over it boys, as far as I saw was Taupau having a laugh with some of his team mates from the Kiwi test side.
What else u think he suppose to do??
Or better off, what would u guys do??
He would be disappointed don't u worry about it!!
Yep. Plus he put in out there.
king sirro wrote:Taupau was the only forward to punch through the Roosters, so i dont mind what he did. If he didnt have a go then i would be filthy but he did.

Sometimes when your team is soundly beaten but the opposition didnt get it over you personally, you feel a nice satisfaction about yourself. He matched the Roosters pack on his own so he can smile.
He should be getting praised on here for that effort rather than copping it.
Yes he played well. But thats has nothing to do with this post. Its about spending quite a bit of time from what i saw laughing and joking after his team got massacred. Being chummy with the roosters trainer too? What is that? Like i said previously i like Taupau as a player. How he behaved afterwards was strange , like a slap to the face.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:46 am

Tigermama wrote:At the hospital i work at, one of my patients i was attending too was watching the tigers game. I was disappointed at the scoreline but not surprised. What surprised me and angered me was watching Taupau laughing, carrying on like he was on the winning team and being chummy with the two roosters forwards and their trainer, instead of hanging his head in shame for his teams performance and going up to the few remaining supporters and apologising to them. To me it seemed like he didn't give a damn. Was anyone else upset by that or am i the only one :(
Never played any competitive sport I guess.

A game is not personal. When it is finished you shake hands have a few words with the oppostition and then get kicked up the arse by someone.

Not talking to the other team is what you do in the playground at school.

When I played competitive sport, I had lots of friends that I played against. When I was beaten, ( which was often ), I did not go and sulk but enjoyed their company until the next game, when I again tried to belt the crap out of them.

Tapau, together with Woods was our best forward. He did not dog it like most of the other forwards did. Give him a break and give the rest of the forwards a good kicking as they so richly deserve.

tigertye
Member
Member
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:59 pm
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by tigertye » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 2:33 pm

At least he had a dig in the game. Keithy was bludging out in the centres in defense after being on for 6 minutes.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:01 pm

" magpiecol" I've played competitive sport since i was 5 . Soccer, baseball, and hockey. Still play to this day " good sportsmanship was encouraged by our parents and coaches at an early age and we in turn encourage our children. Got nothing to do with that. You missed the point of my post.


Properossi
Member
Member
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun 22 Nov, 2009 10:17 pm
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Properossi » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:02 pm

tigertye wrote:At least he had a dig in the game. Keithy was bludging out in the centres in defense after being on for 6 minutes.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Keith = guide dog, bludging on the blind?

Properossi
Member
Member
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun 22 Nov, 2009 10:17 pm
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Properossi » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:03 pm

Properossi wrote:
tigertye wrote:At least he had a dig in the game. Keithy was bludging out in the centres in defense after being on for 6 minutes.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Keith = guide dog, bludging on the blind?
Bad taste

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 10:58 am

Tigermama wrote:" magpiecol" I've played competitive sport since i was 5 . Soccer, baseball, and hockey. Still play to this day " good sportsmanship was encouraged by our parents and coaches at an early age and we in turn encourage our children. Got nothing to do with that. You missed the point of my post.
Sorry I missed the point of your post. What was it exactly?

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36273
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:29 am

magpiecol wrote:
Tigermama wrote:" magpiecol" I've played competitive sport since i was 5 . Soccer, baseball, and hockey. Still play to this day " good sportsmanship was encouraged by our parents and coaches at an early age and we in turn encourage our children. Got nothing to do with that. You missed the point of my post.
Sorry I missed the point of your post. What was it exactly?
Col and Mama I understand what your both and saying

I don't have a problem if after the game they want to have a beer with each other that's fine

That's what we did in my day , but I'm telling ya I carried that grudge until next time I played that side

I (like Mama) by the sounds of it agree

I don't want them out on the field ass grabbing and acting like they haven't been pumped the last two weeks

Go do the lap of the oval , cop the mouthful you deserve from every fan that paid their hard earned to watch you professional rugby league wannabes prance around like a pack of sooks and then get in the dressing room , cop the absolute bullocking they deserved from the coach , CEO ,board whatever and then go from there

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:29 pm

Well said Happy :)

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7174
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:31 pm

not as damaging as gavat -
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36273
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:44 pm

happy tiger wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
Tigermama wrote:" magpiecol" I've played competitive sport since i was 5 . Soccer, baseball, and hockey. Still play to this day " good sportsmanship was encouraged by our parents and coaches at an early age and we in turn encourage our children. Got nothing to do with that. You missed the point of my post.
Sorry I missed the point of your post. What was it exactly?
Col and Mama I understand what your both and saying

I don't have a problem if after the game they want to have a beer with each other that's fine

That's what we did in my day , but I'm telling ya I carried that grudge until next time I played that side

I (like Mama) by the sounds of it agree

I don't want them out on the field ass grabbing and acting like they haven't been pumped the last two weeks

Go do the lap of the oval , cop the mouthful you deserve from every fan that paid their hard earned to watch you professional rugby league wannabes prance around like a pack of sooks and then get in the dressing room , cop the absolute bullocking they deserved from the coach , CEO ,board whatever and then go from there
Forgot to add ,train them until they spew Tuesday night

Give them a reason to complain like a pack of whiny girls

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:51 pm

Lol Happy! Love to have you coaching our club for 2015:)

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 6:40 pm

tigertye wrote:At least he had a dig in the game. Keithy was bludging out in the centres in defense after being on for 6 minutes.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
So that is why he was in position to force the winger and get a line dropout from the wide bomb.

It must have been so obvious, stuffed if I know why I did not notice he was bludging out in the centres. Here I was thinking that he had been plugging the guts for us and was putting in a good effort by pushing up to be first man there and then tossing him in the in-goal for a repeat set.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”